GTE League S9 Round 3 - Contact before line | ApexOnlineRacing.com

GTE League S9 Round 3 - Contact before line

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretender

AOR iRacing GTE S8 AM Champion
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2017
League: GTE League Season 9, Round 3
Date: 22/01/20
Members Involved: @Pretender , @Mike96
Lap & Corner: Lap 0
Description: During the rolling start when the lights went green Michael got a better run on me from behind, he goes for the pass before the start finish line. While he passes me he makes contact with the side of my car.

Isir

iRacing GTE S7 AM & PCars Ginetta Pro Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2017
@Mike96 what's your view on the incident?

Mike96

Semi-Pro Karter
May 7, 2019
I saw some times to understand better the contact.
i putted the video at 0.25 speed and you can see before the contact that @Pretender turn the wheel right and left just a bit. My line is straight and i don't change my lane during the pass.

I passed him after the green flag becouse he was stationary at the start and people behind on me was fast like me

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
We have decided to give Michael a reprimand for this incident. There was never a gap to go for on the left and therefore he should have tried to pass him on the left. We understand that it was difficult situation with the speed difference, but we still feel that slowing down a bit or going to the right would have been a better option.

@Mike96 @Pretender

Status
Not open for further replies.