GTE League S9 - Round 6 - van Eijk & Pontecorvi | ApexOnlineRacing.com

GTE League S9 - Round 6 - van Eijk & Pontecorvi

• Apologies for the forum outage today, should be resolved now. Be aware that you may have lost some posts from when before the forum went down, so please check if anything you posted is there or not and respost if you need to. Thanks - Erti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Argon

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2016
League: GTE League Season 9, Round 6
Date: 12/02/20
Members Involved: @Argon (Koen van Eijk #318), @Alessandro Pontecorvi (#270), @Paulo Martins (#299)
Lap & Corner: Lap 1, Turn 10
Description: Coming into the hairpin it wasn't until I was braking that I saw a car coming up the inside from quite far behind (in my mirror). I chose to leave some room on the inside, but that wasn't enough sadly, as Alessandro came in with too much speed and hit my car. I also tagged Paulo as he got caught in the aftermath, as you can see in the first clip of the video.

It goes without saying, but I will not take part in this inquiry as a steward.

Alessandro Pontecorvi

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 12, 2019
Regarding the second incident with Martins
I think I acted correctly, waited a few cars and then tried to get my car out of the track, I don’t think there was enough space to pass me there and unfortunately my car got a lot of damage

Isir

iRacing GTE S7 AM & PCars Ginetta Pro Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2017

Paulo Martins

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 9, 2019
Sorry to be late! I didn't receive email notifications about this post. When I realized there was a stopped car, I just choose left or right. Unfortunately he started moving, when I was passing. I think he should have waited

Isir

iRacing GTE S7 AM & PCars Ginetta Pro Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2017
The stewards have decided to give @Alessandro Pontecorvi a 20 second penalty to be added to his final time for causing this collision. Lap 1 incidents are particularly dangerous for the whole grid and drivers should take special care to avoid this type of situations.

@Argon @Paulo Martins

Status
Not open for further replies.