Argon

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2016
League: GTE League Season 9, Round 6
Date: 12/02/20
Members Involved: @Argon (Koen van Eijk #318), @Alessandro Pontecorvi (#270), @Paulo Martins (#299)
Lap & Corner: Lap 1, Turn 10
Description: Coming into the hairpin it wasn't until I was braking that I saw a car coming up the inside from quite far behind (in my mirror). I chose to leave some room on the inside, but that wasn't enough sadly, as Alessandro came in with too much speed and hit my car. I also tagged Paulo as he got caught in the aftermath, as you can see in the first clip of the video.

It goes without saying, but I will not take part in this inquiry as a steward.

Alessandro Pontecorvi

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 12, 2019
Regarding the second incident with Martins
I think I acted correctly, waited a few cars and then tried to get my car out of the track, I don’t think there was enough space to pass me there and unfortunately my car got a lot of damage

Isir

iRacing GTE S7 AM & PCars Ginetta Pro Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2017

Paulo Martins

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Mar 9, 2019
Sorry to be late! I didn't receive email notifications about this post. When I realized there was a stopped car, I just choose left or right. Unfortunately he started moving, when I was passing. I think he should have waited

Isir

iRacing GTE S7 AM & PCars Ginetta Pro Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2017
The stewards have decided to give @Alessandro Pontecorvi a 20 second penalty to be added to his final time for causing this collision. Lap 1 incidents are particularly dangerous for the whole grid and drivers should take special care to avoid this type of situations.

@Argon @Paulo Martins

Status
Not open for further replies.