GTE League - Season 9, Round 2 - Nürburgring GP - Myself and Alfie Lawrenson | ApexOnlineRacing.com

GTE League - Season 9, Round 2 - Nürburgring GP - Myself and Alfie Lawrenson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael_E

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 3, 2019
League: GTE League - Season 9, Round 2 at Nürburgring GP
Date: 13th January 2020
Members Involved: @Michael_E and @Latsero
Lap & Corner: Lap 11 – Turn 7.

Description:

I am protesting an incident involving myself @Michael_E #173 and Alfie Lawrenson @Latsero #252 which occurred on lap 11 turn 7 during the 2nd round GTE race at Nürburgring GP.

We were in a 4 car train for a number of laps with me being the third car and Alfie behind. For many laps, Alfie came extremely close to making contact with me on a number of occasions, but unfortunately for me, on lap 11 he did make contact with my car hitting me in the rear while turning into turn 7. Please see Video #1 below showing the incident on the Broadcast stream.

What I felt while being hit was my car being continually pushed after contact, even while I was counter steering, until I was thrown off to the side of the track out of the way. I lost 2 positions and gained damage.

After the race I saw something on my replay that was very concerning to me and I really did not like. (Please see video #2 below.) Just before contact, Alfie had the brakes applied, but as soon as contact was made he released the brakes (shown by his brake lights) and basically pushed my car out of the way. There was absolutely no attempt from the point of contact to slow his car down or to avoid further contact. No acknowledgement of the incident or an apology have been offered.

I would also like to bring to your attention that Alfie on lap 3 for absolutely no reason flashed his lights at me. (This is shown in Video #3 below.)

Many Thanks.

Video #1 - Broadcast Stream Showing Contact.

Video #2 - Contact Shown from Alfie's Rear Chase Cam -
Not Using Brakes Once Contact Was Made

Video #3 - Lap 3 Showing Flashing Lights

Isir

iRacing GTE S7 AM & PCars Ginetta Pro Champion
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 4, 2017
@Latsero do you want to share your view of the incident?

Argon

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2016
We have decided to give Lawrenson a drive-through penalty for causing a collision. The initial contact should have been avoided, but more importantly Lawrenson did not brake after the initial contact and as result made Edens spin. Therefore we feel the need to give a harsh penalty.

@Latsero @Michael_E

Status
Not open for further replies.