Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2017
League: GTE
Date: 7/10/2019
Members Involved: @Walter---79 @Coombey97
Lap & Corner:
Lap 14, T5
Description: I would like the stewards to have a look at this. After crashing from a previous incident with @VSR Davidben @Coombey97 drives into me. I believe he had enough time to steer to the right and avoid hitting me. Surely he also must have seen a yellow flag but I don't see any slowing down from his part.

Coombey97

Formula Karter
Mar 10, 2019
I apologise for hitting you in the aftermath and can understand your point of view on this.

I took the corner much slower than I had all race as I did see the yellows and know what that corner can be like. I went far left to avoid Ben as I thought he was the only one involved. As I came over the crest initially all I could see was the lights of the cars in the distance. I then saw the smoke from Robin's car and only then did I see Robin's car off to the left. The time between me seeing and hitting him was not enough for me to react to avoid the collision in real time. I can see that the replays show I had more time than it felt like I had in real time and accept that I could have done better to avoid it.

I'm sorry to Robin for causing the race ending damage and accept whatever decision the stewards come to.

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
We feel that Thomas could have taken more caution when he saw the incident ahead. However we also understand that the contact with Deville was difficult to avoid, because his attention was to the spun car on the right and it was difficult to see Deville stationary on the left. Therefore we have decided to give Thomas a warning for this incident.

@Coombey97 @Walter---79

Status
Not open for further replies.