Status
Not open for further replies.

CJBMX702

2 time AOR PS4 GT3 T1 Champion
Jul 17, 2016
League: GTE
Date: 10/14/19
Members Involved: @Nilton @Rienk & Myself
Description: We’re all Checking up before the start and Nilton plows into the back of me, sending me into @Rienk Car. Picked up a good amount of damage killing my straight line.

Last edited:

Rienk

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2017
The start was just a big mess all around it seems. I've heard complaints from multiple drivers and know that quite a bunch got damage from it.
For my view on it, I was reacting to the car in front going and stopping, which was reacting to the car in front of him going and stopping etc. Chris was obviously doing the same, as was the car behind him. It caused a constantina effect. Luckily I got away with only a case of understeer after the hit, so I got lucky.

I don't know how the stewards want to tackle this, but investigating the actual start itself to see what happened at the front and across the grid might be worthwhile, because these kinds of starts end races. I can provide a replay snippet if necessary.

mancSLO

Premium Member
Premium Member
Aug 24, 2019
Pit limit nessesery before gren flag is the solution for that situations?

SMEAJ

S14 AOR PC F4 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 20, 2017
Not sure what exactly went on here but it gave me (and presumably half the field) a 4x, and many got damage.

Marvin

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
We will be investigating the start of the whole grid.

Marvin

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Aug 6, 2016
Apologies for the delay on the outcome of this inquiry.

We have looked at the start of the whole grid and came to the following conclusions:

- Woodford should have stayed behind P1. However, this didn't have any impact further down the grid. We have therefore decided to give him a warning.
- We feel that Pinsker played a major part in the incidents on the right side. He should have taken more care to not run into the car in front of him and should have maintained a more steady and predictable speed. We have decided to give him a reprimand as result of this.
- Although the cars on the right side bunched up, we still believe that Nilton could have avoided slamming into the car in front of him. Therefore we give him a reprimand.

@CJBMX702 @SMEAJ @Nilton

Status
Not open for further replies.