GTE SE6 R1 - Incident lap 6 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

GTE SE6 R1 - Incident lap 6

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter---79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2017
Date: 17/03/2019
Members Involved: @Walter---79 @Asger8907
Lap & Corner: Lap 6, corner 8
Description:
I found the overtake @Asger8907 did on me rather aggressive and would like the stewards to look into it. @Asger8907 made contact with me during the overtake and I briefly lost control of my car which resulted in losing some positions.

Incident was also covered during the broadcast, starting at 41:15

Asger8907

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 26, 2018
Hi @Walter---79

It good that you bring this incident up, because I would like to discuss these sort of accidents. First of all in this incident the pace difference played a masive role. As you aswell as I - I’d assume - are familiar with the sheer pace advantage I had over you. If you block me on several occasions you have to expect me to come at you in a more aggresive manor, otherwise both of us are foing to lose even more time batteling.
Aside from that the video clearly shows that you in fact pushed the accident. I broke later than you and went down the inside, in this situation it’s not a wise, nor valid, move to start pushing me to the left before we hit the cornor. You knew I was going to get the position anyway, so ehy force me to the inside? - seems obvious to me that can only end in caos since my line gets way tighter, and ao does yours.
The video also shows that at the point of impact I’m on the inside kerb - what I’d like to state with this is that the contact happened where I had no where to go, you clearly cut into my nose, and therefore i believe it’s unacceptable that you attempt to shift the blame on me. You clearly turned into me because you were to agressive attempting to cut me off.
To my knowledge that per se means that you forced the accident, and I therefor isn’t accountable.
I’d also like to add there was netcode involved - I wasn’t even handed and incident points.

Thanks to you @Walter---79 and the stewards for your time regarding this incident.

Best regards,
Asger B. HEBSGAARD

Asger8907

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 26, 2018
Further evidence from my livestream:

Point of impact (official livestream):

As is clearly visible I was pushed onto the kerb.

To sum up my view on this accident (Conclusion):
I believe you forced the accident since you pushed me to hard to the left onto the kerb, per se cutting me off and clipping my nose. It was a mixture of both net-lag and your unawareness (in my view).

Thanks for your time :)

regards

Last edited:

Walter---79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2017
Hi Asger,
Thanks for your time to react to this incident.
Some more clarifications from my end:

I do not agree with your statement that I cut you off. I was simply holding my line through the corner, It is you who forced yourself into this by performing this optimistic overtake (imo).

And with regards to the pace difference, yes I was braking a little bit earlier than usual because I had 2 cars close in front me which I did not want to have contact with, this is was a 80 minutes race. I'm sure you would have had plenty more occasions to overtake me.
And by the way, there is no need for you to constantly flash your lights at me, it's annoying and by my knowledge not allowed.

cheers.

Asger8907

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 26, 2018
Hi again,

I agree somewhat - I could have waited for another opportunity, that's where I see it being annoying as the driver in front. However this isn't breaking the rules. I can make ambitious moves - that's not against the rules of racing - and I'd argue that sticking to your line isn't an argument because "your line" didn't even leave enough room for me to even attempt to complete the corner wiyhout going on te grass.

I have another image I'd like to share:

The image shows that I was left enough room if I was a MotoGP rider, but certainly not enough for my Ford GT to fit. That's where our main disagreement stands I guess.

I would like to add that I appreciate the respectful tone :)

Regards,
Asger Hebsgaard

Attachments

Walter---79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2017
Hi Asger,

Let's wait and see what the stewards will decide.
No matter what the outcome I have no hard feelings towards you. :)

Reactions: Asger8907

Walter---79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2017
I doubt it, I'm only a reserve driver this season :ROFLMAO:
Was lucky enough to be able to join yesterday.

but good luck to you in the next races (y)

• Happy
Reactions: Asger8907

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
The stewards have decided that both drivers could have done more to avoid this incident. Therefore we are putting it down to a racing incident.

Closed
@Walter---79 @Asger8907

Status
Not open for further replies.