GTE Suzuka - Final Chicane | ApexOnlineRacing.com

GTE Suzuka - Final Chicane

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Date: 08/04/19
Members Involved: Myself and @Asger8907
Lap & Corner:
Not sure what lap, final chicane
Description: I was braking for the final chicane and asger comes flying into the side of me. He could have easily gone to the left but instead, steams into the side of me and from this I was pushed over the inc limit. Yes I know, it was my fault I was near the limit in the first place but he did the exact same thing to someone else last week, it is ridiculous. Completely ruined my race.

Link to the incident.

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
I witnessed that. @Asger8907 was flashing me for multiple laps before and I guess he got pissed and divebombed me and didn't realise that there was a car in front of me :) Had I not braked, he would have killed me as well.

Asger8907

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 26, 2018
Hi @Gxbbs

I'm so sorry - I do realize what I did wrong, and obviously an apology isn't enough ;(

I don't know why I went right, apparently that's what my instincts told me too - weird. As soon as I saw how late I broke I panicked and I guess that's the reason behind the whole incident.

My sincere apologies!!

Regards
Asger

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
I'd also like to add the dangerous cut in front of me as well to this.

Asger8907

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 26, 2018

Unfortunatly the audio doesn't reveal that I apologize straight away

Asger8907

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 26, 2018
Guys let's get rid of the toxic tone please. I try to apologize, and I'll happily do it again. Let's attempt to keep it civil. You'll most likely get your will that way.

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
Guys let's get rid of the toxic tone please. I try to apologize, and I'll happily do it again. Let's attempt to keep it civil. You'll most likely get your will that way.
There is no toxic tone here. Fact is through a stupid move you ruined my race and if @ramdrop had been any closer to me you would have also taken him out too. And what makes it even worse is you had already served a qualifying ban for doing the same thing last week so you’re not learning from your mistakes. There was just over 5 minutes to go, surely you must have realised your tires would have been shot? It easy to say oh sorry, I missed my brake marker but a lot of other people in the series are managing just fine. I think you need to have a look at how you are thinking throughout a race, intact I remember you also almost took me out at silverstone too, through outbreaking yourself, if I hadn’t of seen you, that would have also been race over for me. Anyway over to the stewards now, I’ll wait for a conclusion.

Asger8907

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 26, 2018
@Gxbbs Absolutely, I don't disagree with that statement at all. Obviously I'm doing something wrong, and I'm attempting to sort it out. What I ment was instead of having two guys go aggressively at me in this post, I believe the stewards will get to the correct conclusion, ok? I'm sorry for what happened, now let the stewards decide.

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
I'm not having a go. I just posted my opinion. It's down to the stewards at the end of the day. If they think its legit, its legit but I'm entitled to my opinion

Asger8907

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 26, 2018
I'm not having a go. I just posted my opinion. It's down to the stewards at the end of the day. If they think its legit, its legit but I'm entitled to my opinion
And again, I don't disagree with you. But I don't believe your opinion should have any effect on those of the stewards. If this is true, then posting your opinion on this thread is just abit comprehensive, and simply a waste of your time.

I don't mean to sound harsh here, I don't know how to phrase it, maybe because I'm not british :D, but I'd like for you to stay out of this :) - Thank you in advance

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
Let's call it there.

Doesn't look like anybody has anything more constructive to add, so I'll lock this thread until an outcome is reached.

• Agree
Reactions: Asger8907

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014
The stewards feel that @Asger8907 is at fault for the incident. We therefore hand him 20 second time penalty and a qualifying ban for the next round he attends.

Closed.

@Gxbbs @Asger8907

Status
Not open for further replies.