Deerladog

Premium Member
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
Date: 05/08/2019
Members Involved: @Deerladog & @burnoutforzai
Lap 10, Club Corner
Liam makes a move into Club corner, we both leave sufficient room into the first part, then Liam doesn't give enough space in the second part of the turn, spinning me round, and putting me dead last with 30s of optionals to carry for another hour. I feel like Liam had unrealistic expectations about how tigthly I could turn my car given how narrowly I was forced to enter the turn, and didn't leave an appropriate amount of space. You can see from my onboard that I am turning the wheel as much as I can to make the turn without contact, and Liam almost acts like he is taking the turn normally, just without hitting the apex.

burnoutforzai

Semi-Pro Karter
May 9, 2019
I left more than enough room and Joe tracked out into my line. It probably would have been smarter to give up the position and try to save fuel and stick in the draft considering I'm in a separately scored class. Going 2 wide through that corner is usually unwise especially considering the track temp we were on.

Deerladog

Premium Member
Premium Member
AOR Commentator
Aug 24, 2017
My plan was to give you the position, I was aware you were in another class. I stuck behind another Pro-Am driver for half the race for the exact same reason, his draft made me quicker. I gave you plenty of room in the first turn, hoping you could get the move done. After you failed to manage that, I planned to let you have it into the third section of that turn and just survive the second one. Sadly I didn't get that far.

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Neither car can be blamed for the contact, but both cars could have done better.
The Ferrari could have anticipated the Porsche to understeer in the turn, given the shallow angle it had and the slippery conditions.
The Porsche could have carried a little less speed into the turn, reducing understeer and keeping a tighter line.
But even then, we feel this contact was a likely outcome.

We believe this is a racing incident and will take no further action.

• Wow
Reactions: Deerladog
Status
Not open for further replies.