PC ICONICS Series - Round 5 & 6: Ginetta G40 Junior & Formula Rookie at Oulton Park [8pm / Tues 6th April]

NiDalap

Formula Karter
Hi @Kiki Mac (and the rest of you guys).

I would like to inform you, that I will not use Discord tonight. The other BeDuRA guys will keep me in the loop via Mumble, though. Hope you don't mind.

CU tonight...

P.S. Explanation: Last three AOR races I faced again those weird wheel and pedals issues. Always at almost the exacte same time (at 8:32pm UK time), my T300RS and pedals refuse input for a couple of seconds. After that, everything works normal and as expected again. This also already ruined all of my Mégane Trophy races where the same thing happened in every race all over again. So, I'm trying to find out what causes this and because it only happens when driving with AOR, it narrows it down to a.o. the use of Discord (which I normally don't use). That's why I won't use it tonight to see if the problem reoccures again. (When driving in leagues before the Mégane Trophy races, like Formule Rookie and GT3, I never had a problem. :unsure: ).

JJP

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Hi @Kiki Mac (and the rest of you guys).

I would like to inform you, that I will not use Discord tonight. The other BeDuRA guys will keep me in the loop via Mumble, though. Hope you don't mind.

CU tonight...

P.S. Explanation: Last three AOR races I faced again those weird wheel and pedals issues. Always at almost the exacte same time (at 8:32pm UK time), my T300RS and pedals refuse input for a couple of seconds. After that, everything works normal and as expected again. This also already ruined all of my Mégane Trophy races where the same thing happened in every race all over again. So, I'm trying to find out what causes this and because it only happens when driving with AOR, it narrows it down to a.o. the use of Discord (which I normally don't use). That's why I won't use it tonight to see if the problem reoccures again. (When driving in leagues before the Mégane Trophy races, like Formule Rookie and GT3, I never had a problem. :unsure: ).
Check the Task Scheduler ?
run "taskschd.msc"

The first screen gets you a list of scheduled tasks, with timestamp.

1617728391235.png

Pol.be

Formula 4 Test Driver
Both races were epic yesterday, big fight for P10 in the first race. Too bad about the incident in the last corner with @Trev Hummer with the G40. I lost control going side by side.
Second race was even more fun, matching pace with @tRIP.. losing some time here, gaining some time there...
Unfortunately I made a mistake and lost 3 seconds and I was unable to make up the time.
I was lucky the aliens were too busy fighting for P3 behind me, so I was able to secure P2.
All in all the best session of the "season" so far!
My POV:

Last edited:

JJP

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Maybe we should consider this G40/FR/short tracks mix as an actual league. Or at least a weekly open event for anyone to join, the locked setup making it very casual and relaxed.
Mixing both style in the same night is great variety. And with those low powered race, there is so much fun and battles.
Maybe with some adjustments on duration (example: 15m Q / 15m R1 / 25m R2 with mandatory pit).

Kiki Mac

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Maybe we should consider this G40/FR/short tracks mix as an actual league. Or at least a weekly open event for anyone to join, the locked setup making it very casual and relaxed.
Mixing both style in the same night is great variety. And with those low powered race, there is so much fun and battles.
Maybe with some adjustments on duration (example: 15m Q / 15m R1 / 25m R2 with mandatory pit).
Definitely up for consideration, along with NASCAR! We'll see what's next after ICONICS is over. Maybe @TicklishPicklewickle will take something up for the main Wednesday night official league after LMP2. ;)

WMDRMartin

F1 Test Driver

This combo idea sounds pretty cool, we had an official Ginetta Junior league (2 tiers even) awhile back and it was great, so i’d be down for driving more of that.

After yesterday’s action we definitely need a FR league too so combining the two would be interesting for sure.

I wouldn’t want to add a pitstop to such a short race though, I think most people had constant action during both races (especially the FR one) and a mandatory pit might interrupt that. Maybe if we throw in an occasional longer race.

If we wanna do all of this and still keep the Nascar idea going too, I’d suggest maybe doing these events weekly and have the Nascar event be a monthly thing, any thoughts on that?