IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge league interest | ApexOnlineRacing.com

IMSA Continental Tire SportsCar Challenge league interest

CHILLI112

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 30, 2016
I won't be testing tomorrow night - I'll be doing the TORA Billy Monger Support Races

I'm not sure if @max_leclerc1234 will want to do it by himself so add him on xbox just in case: max leclerc1234 is his gamertag

CHILLI112

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 30, 2016
I think we're making more forums for this league officially, so we need time to set that stuff up and I can't get that sorted out until I get back from Scotland (3 hours) which won't be long enough to get it all set up for tonight so we'll start next week. Sorry for the delay guys

SubieDoo13

Junior Karter
Feb 17, 2017
It was a shame I disconnected as I was really enjoying this. I have a few things to say about the cars, but I think they are tune-oriented. I built my Mercedes for raw power. Which proofed quite helpful on the straights. I was in a battle with a Porsche the entire race, and on the main straight I would pull quite a gap. In the faster first sector I wouldn't lose out that much, but a the end of the 3rd sector he always was right behind me. Then I would pull a big gap again and this repeated over and over again. What I'm trying to say is that it's very hard to beat a car that is a beast on the straights, but a cruise ship in the corners. Another thing about the Merc was that I could do 18 minutes on a fuel tank and that was it. Don't know what the Porsche could do. Just wanted to say this as I think 'Mercedes being faster in the straights and Porsche faster in the bends' didn't cover all of it. It also depends on the tune and built. The Porsche can also be a rocket on the straights I think.
Martijn that was me in the Porsche, I felt the same. My Porsched is built with handling in mind but I can see where you can sacrifice some to be able to hang in the with the MERC. I ended up pitting early to test tire life but I could of gone another 10 minutes or so on fuel. Tracks like Catyluna are good for the BOP between the Merc and the Porsche but when we get to places like Daytona the powerhouse cars will dominate.

DOR Martxn

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
May 31, 2016
Martijn that was me in the Porsche, I felt the same. My Porsched is built with handling in mind but I can see where you can sacrifice some to be able to hang in the with the MERC. I ended up pitting early to test tire life but I could of gone another 10 minutes or so on fuel. Tracks like Catyluna are good for the BOP between the Merc and the Porsche but when we get to places like Daytona the powerhouse cars will dominate.
I think you don't need to sacrifice anything. If you get in front of the Merc you run away with it as the Porsche on pure lap time was faster at Catalunya. It's in case you get stuck behind one it's very hard to get past. On the faster tracks 'speed' built cars will dominate, but a lot of that can be solved by tuning.

SavageSnailx69x

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
Dec 1, 2015
how have the races been so far, unfortunately I have busy for the past couple weeks and will not be able to race with you guys until June 4th

SavageSnailx69x

Forza Coordinator
Staff member
Forza Coordinator
Dec 1, 2015
how many of you are still willing to participate in this league? last thing left is to set a start date for the league, sorry for this taking so long hopefully there are still a lot of you wanting to participate

GS (10 spaces)
@Tommy Carr
@CHILLI112
@Rattis
@Martijn2702
@Gixer916er
@max_leclerc1234
@afrojo05
@Hamster4racing

ST (14 spaces)

@Mariares
@Jacob St. John
@isyoube
@Woody19
@SavageSnailx69x
@R34 Rush
@Rarebaddblood
@sSmackmaticSs
@Brian H
@ZeroRumble

Unspecified which class yet
@HELLFIRE463
@klossn
@Define
@Jacobgreenjay1
@speedfreak106
@FIA LMC Alflo
@SubieDoo13
@Rmota
@VBR Widowed

Reactions: Hamster4racing

Rarebaddblood

F1 Race Winner
Mar 29, 2017
also i would like to point out i am on holiday from the 23rd of july to the 7th of august so if the league starts within that then i will miss out some races