Incident 1 Fuji (ACR) Jardier Veloce Storm Lap 11 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Incident 1 Fuji (ACR) Jardier Veloce Storm Lap 11

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. If you are *NOT* involved, please do not comment on ANYTHING in this forum. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum. Also please note - these enquiries are handled via email, once raised here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jardier

3-time AOR PC GT3 T1 Champion
Premium Member
Feb 3, 2018
Race: SMSR Round 3 Fuji
Date: 18.4.2019
Drivers Involved: (ACR) Jardier, Veloce Storm
Lap: Lap 11
Description:
I had good exit from last corner and also with slipstream in the 1/4 of the straight I went to overtake Storm from the left side with way better speed that would result me getting to P1 before the braking zone to the first corner,... but Storm moves around 1m to the left and make contact which obviously slowed me down and almost crashed both of us and denied overtake.
If you watch slow motion Im still on the same spot not moving and he moves around 1m to the left.
Evidence:
video:

Reactions: (ACR) Xwolf1369

DiHeidi

S3 AOR PC Endurance GTE Champion
Jan 14, 2017
Also james used this " technique" on Monza. he hasnt received any penalty.

Reactions: CJBMX702

TX3 StorM

Formula Karter
Jan 28, 2018
You haven't watched the telemetry then. I watched it and I don't steer to the left to punt you. There's a 1 degree angle move 4 seconds before the contact, which I didn't even notice at that moment. It's actually the result of the small bump there is on the right part of the track. It's not as if I was alongside you and then turned in directly to make sure you wouldn't overtake me. My steering wheel is straight when I brushed your car, because I literally brushed it I didn't touch you hard there, it's just the cars glued together which resulted in the wave of our 2 cars. Nothing else.

TX3 StorM

Formula Karter
Jan 28, 2018
And besides that you were in my deadspot unfortunately so I had absolutely no idea where you were at that moment. I would have clearly defended in the braking zone so the move wasn't done yet. But literally this is really unfortunate we had contact in the straight line but the fact our cars glued is the reason why you lost a bit of speed (and I as well)
Just to say, if I really wanted to take you out my car wouldn't have waved the way it did. It would have been straight during the contact which wasn't the case, and I would have definitely hit you harder which isn't the case as well. Only your car would have been unsettled by the contact, not both cars just like on the replay. So this is definitely a racing incident more than anything else and the result of the physics of the game gluing the cars when they have contact.

Veloce Jaaames

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Jan 30, 2016
I can't believe you've actually reported this its a racing incident, you both made a bit of contact, no one lost out, no one crashed, and the race carried on. So we should also move on.

Dan Hawkins

AOR Founder & Director
Staff member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
Unless you're involved, do not post in these threads else you will receive warnings from this point on.

TX3 StorM

Formula Karter
Jan 28, 2018
Here's a video in which I explain my POV about the incident. Made especially for the stewards:

TX3 StorM

Formula Karter
Jan 28, 2018
I really hope the stewards will watch this video. If it can help for the future rounds.

Jardier

3-time AOR PC GT3 T1 Champion
Premium Member
Feb 3, 2018
Isnt this obvious? Dont you realize in replay you cant see wheel 100% correct and you moved with slight adjustment over 1meter?

TX3 StorM

Formula Karter
Jan 28, 2018
My wheel is straight for the entire sequence. This bump made my car turn slightly to the left. We are talking about a one meter step over a one hundred meter distance if not more. If you can't actually listen to the whole video I can't do anything for you. I acknowledged I moved to the left but you also did the same thing earlier in the straight line. Basically here's the scheme: you move slightly to the left earlier then go forward, I do the opposite. Basically I didn't even realise I was going left because I had my wheel straight till I brushed your car. This bump just slightly modified my driving line. I highlight it in the video as well. We came close to contact several times in the straight line. We both waved but in the end it appears I was the man to blame for this even though I think both weren't to blame at all. End of the discussion, we will let the stewards watch the video which I hope they will do.
That's why I should enable telemetry for the future it could definitely be precious especially on such incidents.

Reactions: Jardier

Josh Martin

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Feb 11, 2019
The stewards have deemed that Veloce StorM received a 2 second penalty for a dangerous move.

Reactions: CJBMX702
Status
Not open for further replies.