Not open for further replies.

iOgus

Semi-Pro Karter
May 30, 2016
Platform + League: PC, ACC Pro Am
League Coordinator: @Xeonski @LiboCZ
Date: 2/11/2020
Members Involved: @Welchy10 and myself

Description: Turn 1/2 on the first lap. I felt like I gave enough room on the inside. He moved up pretty quickly in turn one which I saw, so moved to the right, cold tyres still. I then assumed that he was still on the inside but I couldn’t see him in my mirrors but assumed he was somewhat there abouts.

I ran with the principle that if I kept the front left of my car in line with the right of the car on the racing line in front then that would be a reasonable amount of space.

Just looked like he came out of the corner a bit hot and on lap 1 with cold tyres so early on it was unnecessary and could of been avoided. If I'd have gone wider with the speed we were carrying and cold tyres I felt like I would have lost traction or the rear which could have caused a bigger accident.

This absolutely ruined my race, having to drive around to the pits with a completely ruined car. I then had multiple issues which meant I had to put a total of 3/4 times (got pens for speeding in the pits - I didn't receive pens for slowing down in the same areas in the eval races this may just be me though although from discord I know others experienced this).

Raced until the end on my own, just ridiculously frustrating.

<div style="width:100%;height:0px;position:relative;padding-bottom:56.250%;"><iframe src="" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width:100%;height:100%;position:absolute;left:0px;top:0px;overflow:hidden;"></iframe></div>

Welchy10

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 25, 2017
Hi Both,

From my point of view, I was happy to just follow through the corner behind, but due to a concertina of slow cars ahead, the opportunity arose to nip around the outside. I don't feel I was over aggressive and assumed that via crew chief or in game version, that he would be warned that I was there not to mention the in game radar thing that comes up in the middle of the screen and so he would therefore give me enough room. I felt I was along side and tried to turn the car as much as I could but from my stand point I had no where else I could possibly go there the kerbs probably didnt help. There was a good 1-2 car width's of room the other side of the 911 but because he kept turning to presumably straighten the car up I was out of options.

I was in total control of the car, I didn't go in hot. I braked on time but pumped the brakes slightly to allow me to get around the outside of the 911. In terms to it being unnecessary. Its a race lol. I don't care if its lap 1 or lap 30 if I feel I can go around a car and overtake ill do it if I think I can do it without causing contact. My previous record racing in AOR is testament to this as I don't believe I have ever been reported to the stewards in the past 5 seasons of racing on ACC and PC2. This was not a dive bomb, this was not an overly aggressive move in my opinion. In terms "not going wider as I would have lost traction". I mean the tires were a little cold yes, but personally, I am always more gentle on the throttle early in the race and tend to have the TC up higher in the first lap or 2 whilst the tires come up to temp.

Personally I feel I couldn't have done anything else to avoid contact so don't feel I should be penalised here. I am sorry for you that it happened as I worked out that you ended up way down the order with the race essentially over.

iOgus

Semi-Pro Karter
May 30, 2016
In my defence, in respect of the radar, when I started accelerating out of the corner you weren’t even showing as “red” or close on the radar which is why I stuck to the outer racing line and though there was enough room.

maybe going in “hot” was an exaggeration but I was a little touchy after the race last night lol. But you can see you did accelerate mid/entry to the corner where we came together and I think if you’d have rolled it around like I had to to give you room it would have been avoidable.

I’ve calmed down now but man was it a terrible race for me, after not being involved in any incidents in any of the Eval or practice races it was just really frustrating.

Welchy10

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah man appreciate you would have been upset. Heat of the moment in the race its always more raw. The HMS Boatley is a heavy beast so accelerating through corners often gives me far more grip then lifting does. I accelerated mid corner only because everyone was slower through T1 so I didnt have enough speed to roll or coast into the second part of that corner.

If it makes you feel any better, you probably noticed that at T4 I was facing the wrong way after I got punted by someone so my race didn't exactly go as planned either lol

Totally understand it is frustrating. I mean ill go with whatever the stewards decide here, but based on everything we have shown and discussed, I think its fair to say that you should have given more room but equally I should have been more aware that I was unlikely to be able to turn enough when the kerbs are taken into account to avoid contact if you were for example, not aware of exactly where I was etc...

So yeah let's leave it with the stewards, and in the meantime you have my apologies for my part in what happened. At the end of the day we did make contact and your race was over which was 100% not my intention.

Reactions: iOgus

iOgus

Semi-Pro Karter
May 30, 2016
Yeah the Boatly is a big beast lol.

Like I said I felt leaving the left of my car to the right side of the car in front would justify enough space, I don’t think the kerb helped you if I’m honest I think that was what pushed you over all be it completely unintentional on your side.

nothing personal bro, I don’t want you to be nervous if I’m behind you in the next race lol.

Welchy10

Formula 4 1st Driver
Oct 25, 2017
yeah man its all good. No hard feelings for sure on my side. I mean there is a case to be said that I am doing the standard F1 drivers thing, where "its always the other guys fault". If the stewards decide it was my fault ill take it on the chin and just be aware of it next time.

Nah it wont affect me. The next race is a track I don't think I have ever driven on so chances are the only time you will be seeing me is when you lap me haha.

Reactions: iOgus
Status
Not open for further replies.