PS4 - Incident | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Incident

• ANNOUNCEMENT: Sign-ups are OPEN for Season 19 of the AOR Hype Energy F1 Leagues on F1 2019!
    They are closing on 29th February, so be quick! Head to the League Forums for more information.
  • Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodhie

Pro Karter
Sep 26, 2019
Slow down the video to 0.5 or 0.25 so you can get a better view of the situation.

My image / thought during the race:
I had no intention of making a rash action or making contact to pass it by. Was waiting for Gazer to make a mistake or get a slow down.
In this corner he made a small braking error, went wide, and that allowed me to get pretty close to his rear bumper for the next straight.
No intention at this point to overtake him, but only to get as close as possible to him.
Only to my surprise did he steer to the left (instead of the right) in the middle of the corner, and it seemed that he would give me space on the inside of the corner.
Because I got more speed and was so close to his rear bumper, he may have thought that I would already be sitting with him on my front bumper, because the mirror and the actual distance may come across differently. @1:19:35/36
Because he seemed to leave a gap (by steering to the left), I naturally dived into it.
To my surprise, he steered sharply to the right again, leaving no room for 2 cars on the apex.
I still went on the brakes and off the throttle, but could no longer avoid the contact.

My opinion is that he initially opened the door on the inside, and then suddenly closed quickly while I was already driving alongside with my front, so that from my side I could no longer evade. During the race, I thought it was a racing incident that could have been prevented if Gazer had left the room, so I raced on.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
After reviewing the evidence the stewards have decided to give @Bodhie an 20 second time penalty + 15 penalty points for causing a moderate avoidable collision + failing to wait.

We think that @Bodhie went for a gap that didn't really exist, forcing @Gazza out of the way, causing him to spin out. Instead of using the brakes @Bodhie pushed the throttle, we think that if @Bodhie didn't pushed the throttle @Gazza could've caught the slide.

@Jarryd Vermeulen @Bodhie @Gazza

Status
Not open for further replies.