Interest in FR3.5 to come back? | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Interest in FR3.5 to come back?

Briz0wn

Pro Karter
Jun 5, 2018
Hi guys,

what would be interest in re-born 3.5 league? It was great experience and step up from FR20/F3 style of racing..

Thanks for opinions
Briza

Reactions: heuer91

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Super Mod
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
We don't have any immediate plans, but I myself have gotten back into driving the car and it is probably in my opinion the best car to drive on iRacing. That said, I've done only a few official races this season, and phantom damage seems to be still a massive factor in this car. 3 of the 5 circuits I've done so far I picked up damage from nowhere. That's fine for when you can have multiple goes at the same track, but when it's just 1 race a week, it becomes too much of a lottery. There is a very, very large chance that we'll look at it again once the new damage model comes out, assuming that that will fix the issue.

But certainly if there is enough interest, then we'd have to look at it, but then we have to look at time slots and the day it'd be run on. I have thoughts in my head in what I'd ultimately like to see happen, but I couldn't say when any of that would happen. If anything comes up, I'll make sure you ping you guys, but only if you get PSR to join the F3 league with the new fancy livery next season ;) @heuer91 @Briz0wn

Tim Delisle

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 2, 2018
I'd love to see this back! I've done a lot of official races this season and can't recall any phantom damage, though I did skip a couple of tracks. Where were you having issues, Phil?

N1kmido

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 17, 2016
Definitely interested if we can minimize the issues Phil mentioned.

Briz0wn

Pro Karter
Jun 5, 2018
We don't have any immediate plans, but I myself have gotten back into driving the car and it is probably in my opinion the best car to drive on iRacing. That said, I've done only a few official races this season, and phantom damage seems to be still a massive factor in this car. 3 of the 5 circuits I've done so far I picked up damage from nowhere. That's fine for when you can have multiple goes at the same track, but when it's just 1 race a week, it becomes too much of a lottery. There is a very, very large chance that we'll look at it again once the new damage model comes out, assuming that that will fix the issue.

But certainly if there is enough interest, then we'd have to look at it, but then we have to look at time slots and the day it'd be run on. I have thoughts in my head in what I'd ultimately like to see happen, but I couldn't say when any of that would happen. If anything comes up, I'll make sure you ping you guys, but only if you get PSR to join the F3 league with the new fancy livery next season ;) @heuer91 @Briz0wn
Hi Phil,

I could not agree more, this is really best car on the service. This phantom damage I am not sure, nobody from my teammates found it for many weeks. Yes, there are landmines like on Interlagos but despite you hit it, there were no damage for me yesterday. Therefore I would be careful with statement that it's still broken :) And if is, then there is possible workaround - put fast repairs as part of the rule IF drivers report anything from preparation. This could be win win. This car does not have any league and that's truly pity. With resources and experience you guys have, should be AOR great place for it.

In terms of PSR and F3, that's difficult story. We have consilidated FR20, F1 sections in FR35. We have thousands of races in FR20, We have hundreds of races in F1 and just an idea of going to F3 which is very similar as FR20 generate rash on skins of many, therefore I do see little chance that our skin will appear there. But we can consider opening F3 section if there is FR35 league :p

Djangopass

Junior Karter
Jul 5, 2019
Hi,
I am new of the forum but really interested in your championship especially with the Formulas.
When will normally the new championship communicate? And the time limit to sign in?
Thanks in advance