Introduce Yourself! | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Introduce Yourself!

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Hi all, Ian here (shnarf76lfc) I'm an old fart racer (43) from Liverpool and have Just joined F1 assist league.

Had a few good seasons league racing elsewhere but that league closed down. I was racing in online lobbies but am now so sick of the standard of racing I need a league to enjoy racing again.

Really looking forward to my first race and good luck to all in your coming races.

Ian.
Your not old mate. I’m 60 and still going strong

Reactions: Shnarf76lfc

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Hello guys!

The answers to your questions:

Where are you from?
I am from Germany

What racing games do you play?
I play F1 2019 and Gran Turismo Sport

Why did you join AOR?
I want to race in a competitive Racing League in F1 2019

How did you find the site?
I found in on Youtube!
Hi mate and welcome to our little corner of the racing community. Come join us in our small but very active Gran Turismo group.
BR
Delaney
Coord

Morgs_ZA

Junior Karter
Apr 15, 2020
Hello guys
I'm Morgan from South Africa.Been racing kart since 6 years old. Now I'm really enjoying ACC ....hope it's really good here ...looking forward....

Joezz_W

Junior Karter
Apr 18, 2020
Hey guys, my name is Jos, I'm 20 years old and I'm from the Netherlands.
For a few years, I've been playing the F1 games with a controller on my old laptop (that sadly got stolen) and now on PS4. I recently bought myself a Thrustmaster T150 as I want to get more into real sim racing. I just bought Project Cars 2 as well, and I picked up Dirt Rally 2 for free through Playstation Plus. I am looking to get some practice with my new wheel in the coming weeks, and hopefully I will be able to join one of the AOR leagues after that. I came here because I want to learn more about sim racing and to measure myself against fellow sim racers around the world while also having fun. I stumbled across AOR on Reddit.
I hope to see you guys on track soon!
Stay safe!

Shnarf76lfc

Pro Karter
Mar 13, 2018
Hey guys, my name is Jos, I'm 20 years old and I'm from the Netherlands.
For a few years, I've been playing the F1 games with a controller on my old laptop (that sadly got stolen) and now on PS4. I recently bought myself a Thrustmaster T150 as I want to get more into real sim racing. I just bought Project Cars 2 as well, and I picked up Dirt Rally 2 for free through Playstation Plus. I am looking to get some practice with my new wheel in the coming weeks, and hopefully I will be able to join one of the AOR leagues after that. I came here because I want to learn more about sim racing and to measure myself against fellow sim racers around the world while also having fun. I stumbled across AOR on Reddit.
I hope to see you guys on track soon!
Stay safe!
Hi jos, welcome.

Reactions: Joezz_W

JJP

Pro Karter
Apr 21, 2020
Hi everyone,

Jean-Jacques here (JJ), in search of a racing community to have enjoyable runs and why not some competition in leagues. Hopefuly this will be the place !
For now I'll stick to Project Cars 2, but may invest in other sims if I meet the right people.

I'm mostly interested in finding race partners for "modest" lobbys (I can handle myself, but not yet ready for cars above GT3-like performances). Ideally with Discord, to socialize.
If anyone has useful information to share, I'm all ears.

For the little story, Covid lockdown decided me to pull out an old Logitech Driving Force GT from the closet to kill time.
I had initially though of Gran Turismo Sport, but turns out the wheel is not PS4 compatible (planned obsolescence...).
So I looked for a sim that had a good chance to run correctly under Linux (yes, that's right), and Project Cars 2 does fit the bill. So here I am.

Hope to see you on the track soon.

Cheers.

MashUp_Matt58

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 21, 2020
Howdy all.
As you can see from the username, I am Matt.
With all motorsport currently postponed, I've been playing more and more racing games. Mainly been F1 2019, but getting into Project Cars 2.
I'm currently a pad gamer, but with the money saved during this lockdown, may look to invest in a wheel setup soon.
See you all out on track in the future.

Scott Fell

Semi-Pro Karter
Apr 24, 2020
Hi everyone, I’m Scott from England. I currently play F1 2019 and just starting on Project Cars 2. Currently using the PS4 controller but hoping to upgrade to a wheel and pedal setup soon.

I joined AOR because I want to race in a competitive league where I hopefully don’t get rammed off the track in the first corner. I’m not fast but I enjoy it when its clean and fair for all.

I found AOR by googling a lot, I have never raced in leagues or been part of forums before so it’s all new to me.

I’m looking forward to it

Legion1183

Pro Karter
Apr 26, 2020
Hi everyone,

I'm Nick, 31 years old and living in the UK. Casual simracer who's played a number of different racing games over the years, from the old Colin McRae games to Project Gotham on the original Xbox to TOCA Race Driver, Gran Turismo 4 and more recently the Codemasters' F1 games, Dirty Rally as well as Project CARS 1 and 2. PCars2 and Dirt Rally 2.0 are my most recent purchases. Tried my hand at RaceRoom and while I liked it a lot I figured it would get expensive fast so decided not to pursue that.

I'm looking for fun, clean races in Project CARS 2 (which are very difficult to find on public servers!) where I can be part of a community of like-minded individuals, learn from others and improve as a sim racer.

Found out about AOR through Google searches for racing clubs/leagues after getting fed up with public servers in PCars2.

PS I'm considering purchasing ACC but due to the lack of content and future paid DLC I'm a bit on the fence about whether or not I should, so if anyone can recommend it and think it's worth it let me know!

Cheers,
Nick

Reactions: Garrgan

Bruno Gallo

Junior Karter
Apr 28, 2020
G'day all,

My name is Bruno, I'm from Brasil and I live in Sydney, Australia.

Casual sim racer, currently on PS4 platform with a Fanatec CSL Elite - playing GT Sport and Assetto Corsa mainly, a few hours per week just for fun (so far). I've been trying to race online on public servers and on the GT Sport daily races and Nations Cup. It's hard though, majority of public server races are a mess...

That's why I joined here (googling), basically trying to find some decent online racing where people try to race as if it was real life (clean, respectful, competitive but fair, etc.)

It looks like there's not much going on at the moment though, from what I've browsed here there's no active league for any PS4 title, but I'll keep searching :)

Cheers!

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
G'day all,

My name is Bruno, I'm from Brasil and I live in Sydney, Australia.

Casual sim racer, currently on PS4 platform with a Fanatec CSL Elite - playing GT Sport and Assetto Corsa mainly, a few hours per week just for fun (so far). I've been trying to race online on public servers and on the GT Sport daily races and Nations Cup. It's hard though, majority of public server races are a mess...

That's why I joined here (googling), basically trying to find some decent online racing where people try to race as if it was real life (clean, respectful, competitive but fair, etc.)

It looks like there's not much going on at the moment though, from what I've browsed here there's no active league for any PS4 title, but I'll keep searching :)

Cheers!
Hi Bruno and welcome to our little corner of the racing community. In GT Sport League (GTSL) We are currently running our 11th season - This time it's the Constructors Challenge in Gr3's and Gr4's. It's every Thursday evening at 7.45 PM UK time - Sign up here. You can see some of our races at Youtube GamingKin, where Jack Pinkiiboii stream every Thursday. We are also taking part in the Inter League Championship (ILC) every third week. This You can watch at Youtube AOR, where Jack Pinkiiboii is commentating.

Bruno Gallo

Junior Karter
Apr 28, 2020
Hi Bruno and welcome to our little corner of the racing community. In GT Sport League (GTSL) We are currently running our 11th season - This time it's the Constructors Challenge in Gr3's and Gr4's. It's every Thursday evening at 7.45 PM UK time - Sign up here. You can see some of our races at Youtube GamingKin, where Jack Pinkiiboii stream every Thursday. We are also taking part in the Inter League Championship (ILC) every third week. This You can watch at Youtube AOR, where Jack Pinkiiboii is commentating.
Hi Delaney, thanks mate, appreciate it.

Can I take the opportunity and ask you a couple of questions?

1. Apart from the one you mentioned, is there any other PS4 online racing here currently happening?
2. And if so, is there any spots left or all full?
3. Last one, are all races 7:45 pm UK time? That is 4:45 am here in Sydney :/

Thanks!

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Mar 12, 2016
Hi Delaney, thanks mate, appreciate it.

Can I take the opportunity and ask you a couple of questions?

1. Apart from the one you mentioned, is there any other PS4 online racing here currently happening?
2. And if so, is there any spots left or all full?
3. Last one, are all races 7:45 pm UK time? That is 4:45 am here in Sydney :/

Thanks!
Ohh I only know about the GT Sports thingies.
You need to check Forums

C00PS

Junior Karter
Apr 16, 2018
Hi Guys,

Signed up for this forum years ago, but never did any online racing until the start of this year. Have done a few leagues in PC2 on PS4 in the last few months. Is there a signup process somewhere for getting involved in the leagues or do i just head to that forum section and start asking?

Thanks

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2016
Hi Guys,

Signed up for this forum years ago, but never did any online racing until the start of this year. Have done a few leagues in PC2 on PS4 in the last few months. Is there a signup process somewhere for getting involved in the leagues or do i just head to that forum section and start asking?

Thanks
Well for most leagues there should be instructions on how to sign up, but if it's still unclear somehow you can ask the staff members that are connected to the league about how to join :)

WingerST

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 30, 2018
Hi I’m Finn, played racing games for years now and finally want to take the step into a league. I’m 17 and mainly play f1 2019 and project cars 2 and live in England :)

Last edited:

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
Hi I’m Finn, played racing games for years now and finally want to take the step into a league. I’m 17 and mainly play f1 2019 and project cars 2 and like in England :)
Hi Finn, and welcome to AOR!

A new Project CARS 2 league for Formula Renault 3.5 cars was recently announced, it could be just the thing for you!

Cyndafel

Junior Karter
May 7, 2020
Hi all,

Been looking at getting into Sim Racing after playing Project Cars 2 on my dad's (@rickwales) PS4. He's too busy to commit to practicing and racing, so decided to sell me his rig. I've picked up Project Cars 2 during the Steam sale this week, and currently trying to put together more than 10 minutes of driving in a Ginetta G40 Junior without flying off the track! I will be looking at joining a league once I'm up to GT3 cars and comfortable enough with my driving to not ruin everyone else's race!

In the meantime, here's a picture of my setup! Not sure on some exact details, but you can check out the picture below too.
PC - i5-2500k, GTX670, 24" Monitor
Wheel - Thrustmaster T300RS (Ferrari edition)
Pedals - Thrustmaster...something!
Seat/Rig - GameRacer

Rig.jpg

See you on the track soon!
Cyndafel // Kieran