Introduce Yourself!

TicklishPicklewickle

Staff member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Where are you from? What racing games do you play? Why did you join AOR? How did you find the site? Just a few questions to get your mind going. Feel free to share whatever you want!

Hey guys I’m Oz from the UK and have recently decided to get into sim racing. I’ve just picked up a Logitech G29 wheel with a play seat to get me going, I’ve decided to start on ACC and would like to eventually build the confidence to play in league games. Wondering where’s the best place to start off then or should I jump straight into a league if available?
I would very much encourage you to join a league as soon as possible. Even if you're not all that fast yet, we have a lot of tiers (in the GT3 league there are 10 tiers on PC, 6 on PS) so you will be matched with drivers of similar pace as yourself, which means you will always have people to race against. You will learn a lot of stuff from being in a league that you won't learn by just hotlapping or practicing by yourself.
The only thing I would make sure of before you decide to join a league is, are you a clean and safe driver? If the answer to that is yes (which it most likely is since you sought out a league racing community like AOR), then go for it :)

danoz

Junior Karter
Thanks for the reply! That’s great to hear and very encouraging, I’m on PC and would like to think I would be respectful when racing. I will get myself known within that section of the forum thank you again!

Jan Duin

Junior Karter
Hello everyone! New to the forum but not new to simracing.
I started racing way back with Indy Car Racing II by Papyrus and the brilliant TOCA Touring Car Championship by Codemasters (yes I'm that old!)

The last few years I'm racing on Playstation and after the debacle that is Assetto Corsa on PS4 I am really into Assetto Corsa Competitizione which is really good and giving me that old skool racing feeling again.

I did some league racing back on PC with rFactor and I'm interested in joining a PS4 league ACC.

Stammeleer

Junior Karter
Hello everyone. New driver here. Have some experience in a dutch racing community. Looking forward to joining acc league on ps4.
Sign ups are closed for the new season? Read about hotstint and evaluation races. Think I will have to wait for next season?

See you soon on track!

Numa

Junior Karter
Hi everyone, my name is Manu, I'm 23 and I'm just starting SimRacing! :D

I'm from France and I'm currently playing F1 2020 and ACC although I prefer the latter. I'm joining AOR today in order to improve as a simracer and to take part in online races since racing with other people seems like the right thing to do to get better and have fun.
I found the AOR community thanks to some professional simracers who take part in the GT3 seasons.

Looking forward to meet fellow simracers and have fun!

Cheers!

K. Stempel

Junior Karter
Hello, my name is Kamil, just about 3 months i am passionate about simracing. I play only ACC.
Looking forward to play with you

Mirindaevefs

Junior Karter
Kelly, said in an interview that his belief in Mr.

Ingraham Biden defense chief starting ideological and un-American purge of the US military.
Scientists should first evaluate the methodology, and if that s sound and sufficient, then we should accept the new data and interpretations that challenge our current state of knowledge.
India is better balanced and will come out on top Tendulkar.
Irvine period product maker snubbed for cheaper imports in council drive.
French Prime Minister Jean Castex said on Thursday that the coronavirus situation in France remained fragile but that for the moment there was no need for a new national lockdown.

hoonZilla

Junior Karter
Hi, my name is Tim and I am new to sim racing. I decided to look for a league to race in and AOR seems like a great community to be a part of. I am currently only playing ACC and I look forward to some fun and clean racing with you all soon.

madkingdom

Junior Karter
Hella Guys!
Im just a cool guy from Colombia, I love playing guitar, and composing songs.
Playing Sim Games, and having a blast on VR! I really want to enjoy my stay on this community.
Thanks for having me.
Cheers...

Last edited:

keyboardBlondie

Junior Karter
Hello, I'm from Latvia, have been playing Codemasters F1 games for years, recently tried out Project CARS 2 and am enjoying the driving aspect of it very much.

Recently joined an entry level league on PC2 and right away realized that having clean racers around you in 30min races are so much more fun compared to half of field unable to finish in 5 lap race, so now I'm trying to fill up my league schedule to avoid open lobbies at all :) - well you might get some luck with clean open lobbies as well, but that's a rarity.

That being said, I'm driving with gamepad, so not perfectly precise myself and not particularly fast*, but in midfield or especially in slow end of field, being able to put in clean and consistent lap times in my experience easily gives you few places at the finish line.

* I think the fast part is mostly my lack of experience driving with gamepad(was using keyboard till starting to play PC2) and lack of track knowledge apart from F1 tracks.