Introducing: AOR rFactor 2 Endurance Season 1 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Introducing: AOR rFactor 2 Endurance Season 1

Peter Hayward

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 4, 2018

Introduction
6 Rounds of 6 races ranging from 6 hours to 24 hours long. The teams to accumulate the most points in it’s respected class from these rounds win a part of the £1000 prize pool.

Classes
The classes we’ll be running are the Official rF2 Endurance Pack and the GT3 Challengers pack.

Packs that we’ll be running:

Endurance pack: https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/1004/

GT3 Challengers Pack: https://store.steampowered.com/itemstore/365960/detail/1005/

Key Dates
3rd May
- Team Signups open
Evaluation races on every Friday + Saturday until the 1st race Beginning on the 3rd May

Calendar

8th June -12 hours - Maylasia
13-14th July - 24 hours - Lemans
10th August - 12 hours - Monza
21st September - 6 hours - Hockenheimring
2nd November - 8 hours - Bahrain
14th December - 12 hours - Road America

All races start at 1 PM BST, However, after Sunday, 27 October Races will start at 2 pm GMT

How do I enter the league?
Signup HERE for the 1st round of 12 hours of Sepang
After each round ends signups will open for the next on a first come first serve basis with a limit of 50 Teams.

How will the evaluation races run?
Evaluation races will start at 7 pm every Friday and Saturday. The classes include LMP2 + GT3 around the track which is the next main race for a 90-minute race. If you wish to enter the league to race LMP2 then you must select the LMP2 signup, this also goes for GT’s. If you wish to enter the league to race GT’s you must select GT3 during your evaluation race.

Evaluation Races are not Mandatory for the 12 Hours of Malaysia.

What are the entry requirements?

As long as you’ve passed your evaluation race. There’s nothing stopping you from joining a team and competing within the league

What assists are allowed?
No assists apart from Auto clutch will be permitted.

Race structure? Key parts to signup:
  • Every driver on your team must have passed the evaluation race to signup
  • Once every driver in your team has passed the evaluation race, you can then signup your team
Are setups permitted?
The Race is open to setup modification.

What is the points system?
Top 15 positions in each class will receive points:

+1 Point will be awarded for pole position in each class

Place​
Points​
1​
16​
2​
14​
3​
13​
4​
12​
5​
11​
6​
10​
7​
9​
8​
8​
9​
7​
10​
6​
11​
5​
12​
4​
13​
3​
14​
2​
15​
1​

Are there any files to download?
Livery packs will be added to individual race announcement pages once everyone has submitted them.
Our tracks will also be added as we have to get them specifically modified to our enlarged specifications.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Friendly
  • Winner
Reactions: RTAY94 and Sgarky

Peter Hayward

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 4, 2018
How much drivers in a single car?
2.4 Driver time regulations

Driver times: One driver cannot complete more than 65% of a race.
Example:

6-hour race, 1 driver cannot do more than 234 minutes out of 360

8-hour race, 1 driver cannot do more than 312 minutes out of 480

12-hour race, 1 driver cannot do more than 468 minutes out of 720

24-hour race, 1 driver cannot do more than 936 minutes out of 1440

As long as these are met, you can have any amount

Linus Lundvall

Junior Karter
May 2, 2019
I just read the rules and I am wondering why you have to be at 80 when the countdown hits 1 at a code 80. Isn't this very counter intuitive? You feel like you have one second left and it makes it harder to judge. Could it not be the same as for the green? So code 80 starts at the start of the word after 1.

Also, For the evaluation races, how many do you have to do? Can you do races in both GT3 and LMP3 and therefore be allowed to start in either LMP2 or GTE?

Furthermore, in the rules it looks like you sign up for a full season but in the forum it says "Malaysia team signup" which indicates that it is on a race by race basis. Which one is it?

SFM Cowmaster

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Mar 5, 2016
Would it be possible for one organization to field two cars in the same class and move drivers between cars if necessary. For example car 1 has drivers A,B,C,D. Car 2 has drivers E,F,G,H. Round 1 all drivers race, Round 2 Drivers G and H cannot attend. Could driver D be moved from Car 1 to Car 2 to make sure both cars have enough drivers?

Shahroz Syed

Pro Karter
Apr 4, 2018
Are there going to be evaluation races after the beginning of the season? For example: After Malaysia, will it be possible to do an evaluation and race in Le Mans?

Reactions: Bakkieman

Peter Hayward

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 4, 2018
Are there going to be evaluation races after the beginning of the season? For example: After Malaysia, will it be possible to do an evaluation and race in Le Mans?
Yes! Evaluation races will, however, be held at Silverstone during the weeks leading upto le mans, just due to its track length. But races will continue throughout the season!

fspereira

Junior Karter
May 3, 2019
Code 80 is in kilometers or miles?

Some drivers were faster than me when code 80 was activated and many drivers were overtaking me.

SteveO916

F1 Senna Equivalent
Dec 20, 2016
it's in KPH - 80kph / 50mph

there should be no overtaking during a code 80

Dick

Junior Karter
Oct 17, 2018
To release a statement Quote: Due to circumstances just out of my hands, we're gonna have to cancel this week's races again. I understand your frustration. To also state that this will not happen again and next week we'll be 100% good for everything – end quote, we find this statement cannot be trusted, as after the cancelation of week 3 a statement was made to the same effect quote: I will ensure there is cover from now on – end quote.

If you want to be professional, you need to run your planned events, to cancel at the last minute is unprofessional and to do it for 2 consecutive events is absolutely not good enough, therefore our team has made to decision to not to race in your rFactor2 events.

Team Octane Racing
will be pulling out of the series, we have drivers based in Canada, USA, Australia, UK, and New Zealand, who have all organized there time to do the last 2 evaluation racers which have been canceled. It is just not good enough to put up a post at the last minute canceling the race.

Peter Hayward

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Feb 4, 2018
To release a statement Quote: Due to circumstances just out of my hands, we're gonna have to cancel this week's races again. I understand your frustration. To also state that this will not happen again and next week we'll be 100% good for everything – end quote, we find this statement cannot be trusted, as after the cancelation of week 3 a statement was made to the same effect quote: I will ensure there is cover from now on – end quote.

If you want to be professional, you need to run your planned events, to cancel at the last minute is unprofessional and to do it for 2 consecutive events is absolutely not good enough, therefore our team has made to decision to not to race in your rFactor2 events.

Team Octane Racing
will be pulling out of the series, we have drivers based in Canada, USA, Australia, UK, and New Zealand, who have all organized there time to do the last 2 evaluation racers which have been canceled. It is just not good enough to put up a post at the last minute canceling the race.
I fully understand your concern. I can more than assure you that everyone including me is aware of this.

The issue for the first cancellation was a personal issue that I had to deal with around an hour before the race started. I know you want everything to run smoothly and correctly as you should however as humans I do hope you can understand life can just simply get in the way considering we all have lives outside of simracing (Believe it or not - I certainly don't)
This was what I thought would be a one-off occurrence.

Addressing this weeks cancellation I worked right upto the last couple hours to secure a server for the race etc..... however, this work was tossed out the window and wasted my entire day when it came to no avail. So i understand your frustration about canceling "the last minute" however it was not through any fault of neglect or lack of trying. It was due to payment processing of the server etc...(which btw now has gone through)

I know this isn't good enough. That's why we've got another COD in the works to help share the workload as I do everything myself atm I also know I cannot keep asking for patience that's why from now on we just have to show we're serious from our actions.

Haydn

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
rFactor2 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2015
How do I register for an evaluation race?

Thanks.
Hi, sorry for the slow response we've been busy around here. You do not need to complete an eval race for Malaysia.
The next time eval races will be held is in the run up to le mans, and when they are released you will see a thread under this sub-forum, and all you need to do is reply to the thread following the template in the title :)

Pontecorvi

Junior Karter
May 7, 2019
Code 80 is in kilometers or miles?

Some drivers were faster than me when code 80 was activated and many drivers were overtaking me.
During “Code80” the drivers have to keep the PIT Limiter engaged. Consequently the PIT Limiter’s speed for the current circuit will be the speed you should maintain. In Malaysia the PIT speed is 100km/h

Pontecorvi

Junior Karter
May 7, 2019
Please give us more details about the QUALI Session
- Starting time?
- Length?
- Only one team member OR more?
- ESC button allowed?
- Race start?

Regards
RAPTOR RACING TEAM

I_Barclaycard

rFactor2 Coordinator
Staff member
rFactor2 Coordinator
Feb 20, 2018
I am sorry to announce that the 12 hours of Malaysia will now be shortened to a 90 minute socials race; this is to amend some technical issues which have occurred.
In regards to the liveries they will be up tomorrow along with the fix for Sim-sync.
Once again I apologise for the late announcement.
More updates on the series coming soon!

• Agree
Reactions: GRZEGORZ

return

GP2 Test Driver
Nov 14, 2017
I am sorry to announce that the 12 hours of Malaysia will now be shortened to a 90 minute socials race; this is to amend some technical issues which have occurred.
In regards to the liveries they will be up tomorrow along with the fix for Sim-sync.
So we have to say to some of the team drivers they cant drive cus lol 90 minutes.
And its been a day before raceday..

Pontecorvi

Junior Karter
May 7, 2019
Hi! What about some more info about this social race? Will It start at 13 BTS?