PS4 - Introduction Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Introduction Thread

FisiFan91

AOR Founder & League Admin
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Since this is the first league season on Project CARS, with quite a few new sign-ups to the leagues, I thought it would be a good idea for you all to do a proper introduction, so that you can learn a bit more about the drivers you'll be competing with! :)

As start, I've put up some questions that you can answer, to help get the ball rolling:

- Where are you from?

- What is your previous league experience?

- What controller/wheel do you use?

- What are your hopes and goals for this season?

Walsh89-

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 14, 2014
- Where are you from?

I'm from Burnley in Lancashire, that won't mean much to most i would guess but they did play in the Premier League this year(and got relegated lol) so some have probably heard of the town because of that. It's a really nice place, honest!

I've raced in a few leagues in the past on other sites and also here when it was ARL. I mainly raced in the PS3 F1 leagues under the name AERO_ViperUK, first joining during season 2 in F10 which was a new league in tier 4 on F1 2010. I won the F10 championship and was promoted to GP2 for the start of season 3, I did 3 races in GP2 before being promoted via the Apex Cup to F1. I then finished runner-up in the PS3 F1 league in season 3 to MastaVonBlasta and runner-up to AERO_Cobra in season 4, so close but yet so far lol.

I think i did 49 races on the site and won around 21 or 22 and it was great fun racing some very quick guys on here across several seasons.

I then took a break from league racing and haven't really raced in a league since, i did make a brief return at the start of season 6 but i didn't really like F1 2012 and then didn't really bother with F1 2013 and haven't played F1 2014 at all. I am hoping F1 2015 will be good on PS4, fingers crossed.

At the moment i'm using a controller which isn't ideal as i haven't used a pad on racing games for years but thanks to my DFGT not working on the PS4(thanks Logitech/Sony) i'm stuck with the ds4 for now. I'm hoping to get a thrustmaster t300 sometime soon but it probably won't be during the first season in this league.

I'm mainly hoping to have some good racing in this league and enjoy racing in a league again. As for goals i don't really know what to expect but i would hope to be competing for podiums and maybe race wins but i'm sure this league will be very competitive so who knows. I know some of the guys in this league from the F1 leagues who are quick so it should be a great season. :)

Cpt.JJ

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
- Where are you from?

I am from a village in Northamptonshire, still wondering what more can be done in the county to make it worth while to live in.

I have been part of the F1 leagues since the latter part of season 4 on F1 2011. Got promoted via the Apex cup from F7 to F1 after 3 races and have stayed there ever since, missing season 9 to pursue other projects. Prior to this I had raced in Gran Turismo 5 on another site and here where I did win a season in an inferior car!

Thrustmaster T300 after struggling with the controller, never was a controller person

Just not to get relegated!:wacky:

Last edited:

SamH95

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 24, 2014
Where are you from?

Coventry, West Midlands. Famous for the birthplace of the jet engine so I might just add a few jet engines to my gt3 car to get me off the back of this very talented grid xD

Previous league experience?

Wow, i remember the old ARL site, i miss it so much but I have only raced with this league and no one else cos its just so organized :) I think it was season 6 of the f1 league i raced in against the likes of nervo and drastics and others

What wheel?

Thrustmaster T300 RS, bought recently! And the best purchase ever xD

Hopes and goals for this season?

Keep it consistent, i don't care where i finish, i just wanna reach the chequered flag in every race and also to make this test season a success

This should be an amazing season making my comeback in league racing on next gen, and also some guys in this league are quick, so its gonna be good! See you on the track!

Kieran470

F1 Reserve Driver
Apr 14, 2014
- Where are you from?
I am from Newcastle in north east England, where it always rains XD
My previous league experience is relatively short: I joined aor on f1 2013 For season 8 where I finished 3rd in f5 after dsc half the races. Then for season 9 on 2014 I was put in f1 and although I wasn't too fast at the beginning of the season I found some great pace towards the mid part and started to win some races ending up as runner up to Nervo here. I now race for JIM in sf1 and evf1
I use a thrustmaster t300 and although its great I have had some problems downshifting recently :/
Well, I'm very competitive so obviously I would hope to win the championship, whether that will happen remains to be seen ;) it also will depend on whether I can learn setups for the coming season.

Bluerat

Formula 3 1st Driver
May 14, 2015
- Where are you from?
Manchester but currently living in Cambridge

A number of leagues on Forza, F1 and GT but only with work and friends

T500 - little scared by how hot it gets sometimes and that there isn't enough buttons to map everything to it. Hopefully it will all be well. This is my first league on a wheel though and its already so much better.

Hoping for some good close racing but i'm not expecting to be in the top half come end of the year. My main goal is to beat @Pope as I've raced him for years and beaten him in every league ;-) haha.

Pope

Formula Karter
May 26, 2015
- Where are you from?
Currently living in Frodsham (North West, UK).

Lots of private league experience with people from work (F1, Forza & GT). This will be my first ever go at a 'proper' league.

T300 - I've tried all the wheels currently available (and some not yet available) and can honestly say it's the best PS4 wheel out there. Crap pedals tho..

My first goal is to not make a nob of myself! Then to beat my 'team-mate' @Bluerat. Everything after that is a bonus! I'm hoping to learn a lot about P.CARS handling and tyres too

Reactions: Bluerat

Kiz41

Pro Karter
May 25, 2015
- Where are you from? Gillingham in kent

- What is your previous league experience? Raced on the 360 atl f1 2011 leagues for a few seasons can't really remember how I got on though

- What controller/wheel do you use? Use standard ps4 controller, not worth paying out £200 for a wheel for a game I don't play too seriously.

- What are your hopes and goals for this season? Hope to nick a few podiums and maybe sneak a win at Brno, other than that just have some good racing

ANTONIOS1978

Formula 4 1st Driver
Sep 28, 2014
Where are you from?
hello again! my real name is Antonios
I m from Greece and leave in Creta a dig island ..probably some of you came for holidays! !

I m racing from 2010 when f1 came until now in other site and 2012 take the championship . next year's had 3rd and 2nd places!

I use T300rs and I think is the best for ps4

I hope to be competitive and have fun and clean races
this is my first GT3 experience and I like it very much!
Good races to all !!!

Drastics

2-time AOR PS4 GT3 Elite Champion
May 6, 2015
- Where are you from?
I'm from east london but (Tottenham Supporter). Now live in Norwich who just got promoted to the premier league. So now I got somewhere local to watch some prem games.

Raced in a few leagues before joining the old ARL in the ps3 F1 2011 leagues. Think it was season 4 when I joined and was put into f12. There was an apex cup pretty much straight away and I managed to get into F1. Carried on racing in the leagues up until mid way through f1 2012. Came back for f1 2013 but didn't finish the season.

I use the Thrustmaster T300RS

Just hope for a fun season with some fast and clean racing like everyone else. A win and maybe a couple of podiums would be nice. Raced with a few people in league before so I know theres going to be some fast and fun racing with some decent battles.

coenie2015fourie

Junior Karter
May 3, 2015
Since this is the first league season on Project CARS, with quite a few new sign-ups to the leagues, I thought it would be a good idea for you all to do a proper introduction, so that you can learn a bit more about the drivers you'll be competing with! :)

As start, I've put up some questions that you can answer, to help get the ball rolling:

- Where are you from?
I am from bloemfontein in South-Africa

I have raced in the F1 leagues and i almost won my first race in the f1 league and got pole position in monaco and then couldnt race again because of my internet provider but everything is fine now and hoping to get a spot in a league

a use a ps4 controller i am very smooth with the controller

i hope to get a spot in one of the leagues and my goal is to then is to put in some great performances and hopefully win a race or two

An0n

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Jan 27, 2014
Where are you from?: England, Nottinghamshire

- What is your previous league experience?: Did a few seasons on RD with the F1 series, ran my own league last year which was successful, again based on the codies F1 series. i probably have more real life racing experience than i do gaming.

- What controller/wheel do you use? T500rs with F1 wheel

- What are your hopes and goals for this season? As i'm very new to the game and my new set up, i literally just hope i'm not last, that'll do