iRacing S12 - End of season

Would you sign up for a GT3 mini series on Monday?

• Total voters

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
First of all, thanks to everyone who drove with us this season and took part in the discussions. As everyone has noticed, the interest this season wasn’t as high as we would have hoped and as the season progressed it unfortunately got worse. With this in mind we very much appreciate all the drivers that stuck around. Even with these smaller grids, we still had a fun and enjoyable time.

Due to the lack of interest, we have decided to cancel season 13 for now. This definitely won’t be the end of iRacing on AOR nor the end of the GTE league, but we feel it’s best to take a break from the GTE league, also taking into account that the holidays are right around the corner. We hope to see most of you back in the future, which most likely won’t be that far ahead. We won't disappear completely, as we will try out some other stuff and do some social races during the GTE league break.

A feedback thread has been posted as usual to get all your thoughts about this season and get your ideas for the future. Even if you already shared your thoughts in the discussions in discord, please also reply to the feedback thread to get everything in one place.

Congrats to the class/team championship winners:
Pro - M. Schepers @mike66187
Pro/Am - A. Seleznev @MTD
Am - T. Koning @Alza
Teams Championship - Venom Ultima - M. Schepers and A. Gorton

Lastly, @Stephan asked us to make a poll to see who would sign up for a GT3 mini series in the GTE time slot. It's unrelated to the GTE league.

Last edited:

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Hello, thanks @Marvin and the iRacing team.
Given enough interest, I would set up a short GT3 season to run the Monday slot while the GTE league takes a break.
I have something in mind with a mix of sprint/feature format and longer solo races (no longer than GTE league races), with a points system reflecting the mix of formats. If there’s enough commitment, I’ll set it up during week 13.
So, please only vote yes if you are serious about participating in such a series.

Alza

Junior Karter
Apart from the final 2 or so races, my first season has been awesome, really enjoyed the racing around here. Hope to see more league action from you guys as I probably wont be participating in that interim GT3 season

mike66187

Premium Member
Premium Member
Thanks for organizing the league :). Still enjoyed most of the races i did even with low participation.

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
With only 11 drivers interested in a GT3 season, plans will be put on hold for now :(

Borderline

S18 AOR PC F9 Champion
Staff member
With my current iRacing team, there are several people interested in joining the AOR iRacing league. I only saw the poll after when it was too late, or we possibly would've joined it.

When do you guys expect to give the GTE league another try? Or maybe an other class?

Marvin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
With my current iRacing team, there are several people interested in joining the AOR iRacing league. I only saw the poll after when it was too late, or we possibly would've joined it.

When do you guys expect to give the GTE league another try? Or maybe an other class?

I don't think it will be too far in the future. I expect to have a fully featured league again at the start of iRacing 2021 Season 2. Not sure if that's going to be GTE, but hopefully by that time we will host a proper league again.

Fatworm

Formula 4 Test Driver
First of all, thanks to everyone who drove with us this season and took part in the discussions. As everyone has noticed, the interest this season wasn’t as high as we would have hoped and as the season progressed it unfortunately got worse. With this in mind we very much appreciate all the drivers that stuck around. Even with these smaller grids, we still had a fun and enjoyable time.

Due to the lack of interest, we have decided to cancel season 13 for now. This definitely won’t be the end of iRacing on AOR nor the end of the GTE league, but we feel it’s best to take a break from the GTE league, also taking into account that the holidays are right around the corner. We hope to see most of you back in the future, which most likely won’t be that far ahead. We won't disappear completely, as we will try out some other stuff and do some social races during the GTE league break.

A feedback thread has been posted as usual to get all your thoughts about this season and get your ideas for the future. Even if you already shared your thoughts in the discussions in discord, please also reply to the feedback thread to get everything in one place.

Congrats to the class/team championship winners:
Pro - M. Schepers @mike66187
Pro/Am - A. Seleznev @MTD
Am - T. Koning @Alza
Teams Championship - Venom Ultima - M. Schepers and A. Gorton

Lastly, @Stephan asked us to make a poll to see who would sign up for a GT3 mini series in the GTE time slot. It's unrelated to the GTE league.
Hi Marvin,

I having been racing in AOR on PC2 on Pc for 2 years but now have swapped to iracing for several reasons. Would be interested in joining a AOR iracing league.

Cheers

Fatworm