Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 6, 2018
Platform + League: PC CCC T2
League Coordinator: @HaiCo
Date: 30/12/2018
Members Involved: Myself, @vladimirjeger, @Mali Baćo, @Cans, @HaiCo
Evidence:

What happened here is just unbelievable. After getting a good start, wanted to overtake the people in front of me. But due to a stupid mistake from people in front of me they started to get tangled up in each other and caused a massive crash. I couldn't stop for that crash and didn't even come to trying to overtake someone. No way for me to do anything about this.

To me it looked like @vladimirjeger went wide due to a bad start from someone ahead of him. Like he passed people outside the white line, but I don't know what exactly went on. People just started very slow in the front and people had to avoid also including @vladimirjeger of course. That was my first reaction.

In discussion with @HaiCo and after looking closer at the video, you can see the gap being closed between Haico, Cans and VladimirJeger. Then HaiCo hit another car, which caused that car to hit another car and so on, until the car of @vladimirjeger decided to ram into everyone.

Sad that this happens due to people not practicing their starts and pace in general. You can call this a racing incident, but please punish as well. I mean, from my point of view, I couldn't do anything about it. I couldn't stop in time. But I was one of the final victims and not them. I lost a massive amount of points and now I can say goodbye to the championship, definitely after Gregor (the championship leader) won that race. Sad that some of these people just put 0 hours of practice in.

Hope this gets resolved and that people get the right punishment for their behavior.

Last edited:

vladimirjeger

GP2 1st Driver
Mar 26, 2018
I would like to state that it is allowed to overtake on that part of the circuit in Monza, as I did not get any illegal overtake warnings, and I sure ain't gonna wait for some snail and his bad start after I had a much better one...I passed him when suddenly i was touched by another car from behind which spun me into the wall and all of you guys.

RebornDestroyer

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 6, 2018
I would like to state that it is allowed to overtake on that part of the circuit in Monza, as I did not get any illegal overtake warnings, and I sure ain't gonna wait for some snail and his bad start after I had a much better one...I passed him when suddenly i was touched by another car from behind which spun me into the wall and all of you guys.
Oh, it's just that I got some penalties earlier this day on a practice race, but you're right. It would've even been better if you left more space there to leave room for the rest of the cars, but these thighs happen you know. Seeing your video, you definitely couldn't do anything about it. Just was my first reaction immediately after the race.

Looking at it now, looks like you had little to do with this, other then to cause the end pileup. @Mali Baćo , @HaiCo and @Cans , looks like they were the mains causators of this crash.

• Agree
Reactions: vladimirjeger

vladimirjeger

GP2 1st Driver
Mar 26, 2018
It gets you a warning if you go over that white line close to the pit wall before the finish line.. I know that for sure

Mali Baćo

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jun 17, 2018
Hello everyone,

So from my side, I would also like to point out that this is a chain of unlucky events. It ruined my race and so was the case for other people, and mostly @RebornDestroyer who was crashed out of the race.

My start from P9 was okay. F2004 has traction control and it helped me pull away very nicely. This was going through my head at the time:

- P8 vladimirjeger has decided to go outside, so there is some space for me if I want to pull to the right.
- P7 HaiCo has had a worse start so I am already gaining by quite a margin. Left side is a no-go.
- P6 GnialSsor is worst of us four so I should definetely stay away from him too.

Having in mind all of these, I decided to go straight through the middle. There definetely is a gap so I will be able to gain a few places, but most importantly, not to brake or do wild maneouvers which could endanger those behind me.

Then I see that Cans (starting from P5) has also had a bad start and HaiCo is gaining on him. As I'm already fully in his mirror, I was expecting him to see me and understand that I will be alongside him in a matter of milliseconds.

However, when my bumper - front wheels were already aligned with HaiCo's rears, he turns in to take my line to capitalize on a better start. I get pushed to the outside, immediately release throttle to regain stability but that's not what it was needed to stop this incident. By the time I got hit, vladimirjeger has finished his outside move and started to turn back in, so I hit his rear left tyre and start spinning him around.

After that, I did my best to ensure that I will stay on track, but it was never going to happen. Sadly, RebornDestroyer happens to be on a wrong place in a wrong time and gets a DNF.

I definetely think that I was a factor here, but not the main cause of the accident. However, I accept responsibility for my actions and any stewards' judgment on this incident.

Happy New Year

RebornDestroyer

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 6, 2018
Another view at the start from somebody not directly involved in the accident, but which gives maybe an even better look at the crash.

Cans

Formula Karter
Oct 22, 2018
i had no part in this whatsoever ye fucked it not me but whatever gonna happen next race too

RebornDestroyer

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Sep 6, 2018
i had no part in this whatsoever ye fucked it not me but whatever gonna happen next race too
Well, you became a victim of this crash too

oh, this was in response to Mali Back, sorry

Last edited:

HaiCo

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Apr 10, 2018
Unlucky events from my point of view. On the footage of @RebornDestroyer you can see two drivers starting P3 and P4 (I believe) having a really slow start. I knew up front the start of this race would turn into chaos, because of people not practicing. I did a decent start, intentionally not full throttle until I was in 2nd gear because of the car otherwise pulling to the right.

Besides the fact some drivers don't practice, the cars starting at the front (due to the reversed championship standings order) are in general the slower ones. Especially on a circuit like this, with the 2004 Ferrari and a mixed field of assist and non assist users, this means the field is gonna become a bunch very quickly and chaos will start within no time.

Other than the fact there were a few cars making it difficult for me to go anywhere, there's not much for me to say that hasn't been said yet.

It wouldn't have mattered if I had been faster or slower at the start, I would have been in the middle anyways.