Known Bugs and their explanations and how to avoid them in Races. | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Known Bugs and their explanations and how to avoid them in Races.

Arveena

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
May 15, 2015
Hi first of all I want to thank all the organisers of this league for the amazing work.
Very professional organisation and commitment.
As we all expected the first few Races were a Bugfest for some of us and some had luck and did seen any bugs. So this thread should be there to gather all the bugs which are affecting the league Races and the aim is to find solutions and/or find the reasons behind the bugs.

I start with those i came across.

My Qualifying Bug:
Not counting legal laps or sector times resulting in setting no time in Quali.
I already knew this one but i forget about it since I thought it was fixed long ago and could not remember.

How to avoid it and how it happens:

The Bug happens if you got an illegal lap and also the next one is illegal. If you get this dont push the return to Pit button. You will never ever be able to set a time. Does not happen all the time but it happens. Also Sector times wont show on the leaderboard and your laps dont count.

No Tyreswitchbug!:

I think we should all know this one by now. As it happened in a lot of Races. I did some testing and need your help to confirm it.

What i think happens and how to avoid it:

I cant produce this bug 100% of the time. It happens for me like 10-20% of the times on my race strategy which DID NOT include refuling and on Tyrewear x7.
However it did some testing with refuling and Tyrewear real and it never happend ever. I did at least 20 tries. So now we know one of the settings is the one that causes it unless I am just lucky. Because you can not check if your tyres are changed in tyrewear Real because it takes to long for them to wear. I did it with x7 and always refuling my car but this also takes a while on softs 9 laps and I am now 5 trys into that experiment with no bug so far.
So please if you would help me with that when you are practicing.

The best solution for me would be control the pitstops with a fuel accel and set tyres to real.
As the tyres can lap too close to each other for making a tyre besides hard useful in the race.
With a fuel accel this may change. Also if my theory is right this would solve the tyrebug

The Pitlanebug:

This was not a problem in RoadAmerica but will be in future Races where the Pit is closer to the entry line. If you have the first Pit and you go full throttle into it you can crash into the pits or loose time or just drive by.

How to avoid it and how it happens:

Bad luck if you have the first pit. You will loose time because you need to slow down.
Also you have no time to adjust your setting so be sure to have a strategy saved.
We could make a gentleman agreement that everyone needs to slow down on pitentry like in reallife but it wont happen so you need to suck it up i guess.

Rollingstart:

Its scripted and its a mess. You will never hold first place on certain tracks.

My Solution?:

Do an installation lap and let the leader accelarate whenever he want on before the start finish line.

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
The best solution for me would be control the pitstops with a fuel accel and set tyres to real.
That is what we wanted to do when we first started planning the leagues, but then we discovered that there is no way to accelerate the fuel. The only lobby settings on fuel are "Real", "Slow" and "Off". So the tyre accel is the only way to force pit stops :(

Arveena

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
May 15, 2015
Oh thats stupid then. Because this means you can try and hope the best to go without refuling and get a massive advantage if your game does not bug out. Or you refill and loose THREE seconds per liter of fuel but be on the safe side with the bugs not to mention that you loose even more time if you have the first pit because you need to adjust your fuel every race because it will never wear the same amount.

Then my solution would be set it all to real so it does not matter if you your tyres are not changed. And force a mandatory pitstop

EDIT:

I saw the PRO league had some interessting bugs as well like one hour pitstops.
If you have any idea how to produce them or to fix them feel free to post here.
While i was at it with the testing i was also trying out different cars to see how x7 affects them and i found out that the difference is quite huge. You can go with the softs waaaaaaaaaaay (3laps) longer on some cars than on the other will double check that with the same numbers on chamber and pressure wings etc. So please help me with that also. Every bit of information i think is good.
I know there are some difference because of the different fuel and tyre wear. Some cars have less fuel and more tyrewear etc but i wonder if this gets multiplied by x7 also. That was made so you need to change tyres on cars which use less fuel because the have a smaller or turbocharged engines while on the others you need to switch them so the time gained from less refuling you need to put in changing tyres.
To help me doing this please post the Strategys of the Road America Race.
Also if you are in the mood you can test the other cars.

I was on Hard/Hard no way softs or medium would have lasted me for 27 laps with one stop on the mclaren. Fuel was obviously no problem as its turbocharged and does use less

Last edited:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Then my solution would be set it all to real so it does not matter if you your tyres are not changed. And force a mandatory pitstop
We considered that as well, but then comes the question about how to properly enforce (in a way that is practical) that everyone does a pitstop during the race? Based on 5 years of league experience, I can say with pretty high certainty that accusations are bound to be thrown around by people accusing others of not having done their pitstop etc (as has been the case in some social races where this was tried).

Not trying to argue against your suggestions btw, just saying what I think will happen based on long experience from running leagues. It's a shame, but rules/restrictions that are not enforced by a game setting turns into a hassle to enforce most of the time.

Arveena

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
May 15, 2015
We considered that as well, but then comes the question about how to properly enforce (in a way that is practical) that everyone does a pitstop during the race? Based on 5 years of league experience, I can say with pretty high certainty that accusations are bound to be thrown around by people accusing others of not having done their pitstop etc (as has been the case in some social races where this was tried).

Not trying to argue against your suggestions btw, just saying what I think will happen based on long experience from running leagues. It's a shame, but rules/restrictions that are not enforced by a game setting turns into a hassle to enforce most of the time.
Yeah i know that is why I have thrown away the idea of the gentlemans agreement for entering the pit.
Maybe we could at least try a smaller multiplier so you are going to struggle with the bug but not loose laps because of it. I know its hard to test this and find the best setting if there is one but it should be in all our intrest to minimize the effects of those bugs. There are enough crashes spikes etc

SonOfMaw

Retired Grandmaster of Spreadsheets
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
* The pit stop routine will no longer start during online races until the player closes the pit stop menu. This ensures that the player has enough time to select or configure an appropriate set of actions before the pit crew start working on the car.
* Tyre pressures will now be correctly set when the player changes to a new set of tyres.
* The currently-active Pit strategy will now remain in action when advancing through race sessions.

Possibly these fixes in 1.4 will make a positive difference - no idea for the timescale of it's release though.

I do agree that we switch to a manual rolling start, the automated one is a disaster - but we need to formalise how the green flag is announced.

• Agree
Reactions: Yeratel84

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
The problem with a manual rolling start is deciding when to go. The easiest way would be to get p1 to say go and everyone follows from there, but the problem with that is that not everyone uses teamspeak and you can't use voice chat in game, so not everyone will hear the promt to start racing. The only other thing I can think of is go when p1 goes over the start/finish line. This way it will be progressive and the back cars should be able to follow on from the car in front accelerating.

• Informative
Reactions: SonOfMaw

Viceguy

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 15, 2014
The problem with a manual rolling start is deciding when to go. The easiest way would be to get p1 to say go and everyone follows from there, but the problem with that is that not everyone uses teamspeak and you can't use voice chat in game, so not everyone will hear the promt to start racing. The only other thing I can think of is go when p1 goes over the start/finish line. This way it will be progressive and the back cars should be able to follow on from the car in front accelerating.

actually i think if anyone should call it it should be the car in the back.. since the guy doing the countdown usually gets an advantage and if thats P1 he can go quite some ahead before rest gets going..

also i wonder if hamilton had a Pcars like bug in the pits in monaco :p

Last edited:

FisiFan91

AOR Founder (on hiatus)
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
Don't you get DSQ/black flagged if you don't pitstop when mandatory pitstop is forced?
There is no lobby setting to enforce a mandatory pitstop in online races, sadly (would have made things so much easier if it was possible).

• Agree
Reactions: Gxbbs