lap time confusion? | ApexOnlineRacing.com

lap time confusion?

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Since I came back to PC2 I have experienced lap time performance differences that I cannot understand? EG, online race Renault 3.5 at Monza yesterday in my 1st session quali I did a 1.33.7. and 3 laps in low 34's. I ended the session and immediately started quali again. No setup change. This session 1.36.5 was the best after 6 quali laps? What is going on? Every race during the last GT 3 season my car was 2seconds per lap slower than online practise. I would love to find out if other people have experienced this? I'm begining to think its down to my weak internet speed. Could this be a factor?

Reactions: FOGGY #7

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
Since I came back to PC2 I have experienced lap time performance differences that I cannot understand? EG, online race Renault 3.5 at Monza yesterday in my 1st session quali I did a 1.33.7. and 3 laps in low 34's. I ended the session and immediately started quali again. No setup change. This session 1.36.5 was the best after 6 quali laps? What is going on? Every race during the last GT 3 season my car was 2seconds per lap slower than online practise. I would love to find out if other people have experienced this? I'm begining to think its down to my weak internet speed. Could this be a factor?
Hi.
Its not your internet. I was experiencing all sorts of inconsistencies in car feel - Lap time differences last season out in GT3, and all the way through P.BUGS 2 really. I'd be doing fine in online practice and so on, but get to race night, I get a totally different Car from practice sessions. These inconsistencies totally ruined my season. I Couldn't really motivate myself from round 2 onwards, because I knew the game was doing me over. Others have had the same issues in these Leagues, but no solution around it.

I recently cleaned up my PS4 (couple of weeks ago).. Deleted everything and started a fresh with P.CARS 2 & PS4. Hoping it was a gb limit issue . I was upto nearly 900gb, So was thinking it was a software problem and limiting the console performance. Deleting everything and starting again with P.CARS 2 did nothing, and have stiil got issues with inconsistencies within the game and a different feel of car more a less every time I play.
Unfortunately its a game issue, and it seems there is no solution to fix since SMS Abandoned this game to concentrate on ARCADE kiddy Crap.

Last edited:

Archie619

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jun 28, 2016
I've had this many times in the past. Practice all week doing hours worth of laps. Say I'm doing a 1.30 consistently for hours with race fuel in the right conditions and come race night I'd be doing 1.31s or 2s with no grip. Occasionally a pit stop would suddenly change it but it was always hit and miss.

The last season I got this bug once but happily it went the other way and I suddenly had grip and went quicker than I had during a week of practice.

Luckily now I won't have to worry about it now since after the formula rookie season, project cars 2 is being uninstalled.

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
Hi.
Its not your internet. I was experiencing all sorts of inconsistencies in car feel - Lap time differences last season out in GT3, and all the way through P.BUGS 2 really. I'd be doing fine in online practice and so on, but get to race night, I get a totally different Car from practice sessions. These inconsistencies totally ruined my season. I Couldn't really motivate myself from round 2 onwards, because I knew the game was doing me over. Others have had the same issues in these Leagues, but no solution around it.

I recently cleaned up my PS4 (couple of weeks ago).. Deleted everything and started a fresh with P.CARS 2 & PS4. Hoping it was a gb limit issue . I was upto nearly 900gb, So was thinking it was a software problem and limiting the console performance. Deleting everything and starting again with P.CARS 2 did nothing, and have stiil got issues with inconsistencies within the game and a different feel of car more a less every time I play.
Unfortunately its a game issue, and it seems there is no solution to fix.
F/ing game then! Thanks for the reply. Not just me then. I wonder if it can work the other way to give some people a time advantage?

chris130256

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I've had this many times in the past. Practice all week doing hours worth of laps. Say I'm doing a 1.30 consistently for hours with race fuel in the right conditions and come race night I'd be doing 1.31s or 2s with no grip. Occasionally a pit stop would suddenly change it but it was always hit and miss.

The last season I got this bug once but happily it went the other way and I suddenly had grip and went quicker than I had during a week of practice.

Luckily now I won't have to worry about it now since after the formula rookie season, project cars 2 is being uninstalled.

2 more races for me and then, never again! I hope ACC doesn't have this problem?

FOGGY #7

AOR PS4 Project CARS Champion
Premium Member
Dec 30, 2015
F/ing game then! Thanks for the reply. Not just me then. I wonder if it can work the other way to give some people a time advantage?
I have no idea about that. But would probably not surprise me with this game. I get the feeling there are many secrets within the game that not many will share.

• Agree
Reactions: chris130256