XB1 - Lapped driver causing a crash | ApexOnlineRacing.com

XB1 Lapped driver causing a crash

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joglar

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 20, 2018
Platform + League: XB1 F3
League Coordinator: @AOR Benjamin & @nemura
Date: 18/11/2018 Monaco Race
Members Involved: Myself, @nemura
Description: I was 3rd with the 4th driver close behind. Then Nemura had to let us pass but he decided to slow down right in the racing line. Which caused me to crash into him and the Mercedes behind to crash into me too. I got orange front wing damage for that.
Evidence:

• Informative
Reactions: AOR Benjamin

nemura

GP2 Reserve Driver
Oct 12, 2016
I don't have very much to comment. I can't understand what is the point of crashing into someone and push accelerator to make even more dmg.

Before the tunnel they were too far so I waited to see what will happen. I had quite good exit after T11 and really didn't expect him to cut the corner. Letting them through before T12 was too late, after T12 it was too dangerous so I decided after T13 went to right and let them go. It didn't happen because he just crashed into me

Joglar

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 20, 2018
The last thign you expect from a lapped driver is to slow down right in the racing line. There was no space on the outside to pass, and I wasn’t accelerating I immediately started to brake but I had nowhere to go because I was blocked in front and with a car coming at full speed behind. And I didn’t cut a corner.

Joglar

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 20, 2018
I know you had no bad intention there @nemura but as I said, the last thing you expect is the lapped car slowing down in the racing lane at a fast section.

Reactions: nemura

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have reviewed the evidence and decided that @nemura will receive a 10 second time penalty and 10 penalty points for a moderate avoidable collision.

Closed. @AOR Benjamin @Joglar17

Status
Not open for further replies.