Laptimes increasing | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Laptimes increasing

Campo675

Pro Karter
Sep 29, 2017
Hey guys, i’m Hoping you can help me out with understanding something.

I have been driving some of my favourite tracks with some cars I like, also the Ferrari GT3 and McLaren GT3 I raced the first races of the AOR pro league. I find myself 1-3 seconds slower on all the tracks... i’m asking this as perhaps it’s something other people are also experiencing

I tried the time trials with my old ghosts, even at the start of the lap when I cross the line and the lap starts, the ghost car just drives away from me down the straights loosing about 1-2 seconds right off the bat going into the first corner already.

Some reasons I have considered as being the cause:

1. I can no longer use my left leg for braking as my knee is stuffed from old accidents, so am now braking with me right foot. I used to load and balance the car more dynamically than just slamming on the brakes and then the gas. However, in real Racing both bikes and car (legends car). That was the way I used to do it in any event. Especially the motorcycle as you don’t want to change the balance of it during the corner. Load the front all the way to the apex, get the tail to swing out a bit with trail braking and get on the gas hard as you pick the bike up soon and aggressively. But don’t know if the same principles apply to project cars.

2. Perhaps with the latest patch somehow my fanatec pedals or osw wheel is not working the way it did.

3. Perhaps there is some sort of input delay with my oculus rift that didn’t used to be there as there have been many oculus Home updates and windows updates

4. Perhaps the cars/tires and or tracks have been changed in the last patch?

Anybody else experience this?

Also, I tried the time challenge with the rocket bunny at sakito, and even if I use a ghost that is slower than me, I loose about 3 seconds on the ghost as the lap starts and I cross the line. I know the last corner is important as it’s a long straight, but a similar things happens to me with my old ghosts from other tracks too

Last edited:

Campo675

Pro Karter
Sep 29, 2017
I hope this is the reason, but the time challenges are new aren’t they? And I just don’t understand how the ghosts pull such a big gap on from the minute I cross the line going to first corner.

Campo675

Pro Karter
Sep 29, 2017
ALSO, after the patch I deleted all the setups from the folder. But at some point I forgot about that and downloaded a ghost setup from the one time trial, is there a chance that this corrupted my files or messed up all my settings as it might not be compatible with 3.0?

Does having an old setup corrupt the new default setups?

Marvin

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Aug 6, 2016
It's probably just the patch. I know the McLaren got a significant downgrade and the Ferrari got one aswell, although I'm not sure how badly the Ferrari was effected.

NICK-NITRO

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
It's probably just the patch. I know the McLaren got a significant downgrade and the Ferrari got one aswell, although I'm not sure how badly the Ferrari was effected.
The mclaren got hit the Hardest IMO witch was a little strange as it was probably the 3rd best gt3 car

Campo675

Pro Karter
Sep 29, 2017
Thank goodness! Really thought it was me. I had some time to run a couple of more races with GTEs and I was running times that I expect again. They should reset the leaderboards actually.

Campo675

Pro Karter
Sep 29, 2017
Yeah, bit confused as to why then McLaren got hit so hard with the patch. Don’t think it was overpowered and it now struggles so much that I honestly thought there was something wrong.

NICK-NITRO

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 16, 2017
Yeah I know I was using it in the elite tier on PS4. Was planning on hsving another season with it. No chance now it's Terrible. Amg is up thier Noe but the 488 is still no1 but only just

Jeff[NL]

Formula 4 1st Driver
Premium Member
Sep 15, 2016
The Benz SLS was hit the most imo... the only greatness was his top speed and the took it away in middle of the season leaving me with a brokenass car :( anyway ... the BOP changed a lot.

Stephan

Slowest Moderator in recorded history
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
DA Coordinator
Oct 19, 2016
The Benz SLS was hit the most imo... the only greatness was his top speed and the took it away in middle of the season leaving me with a brokenass car :( anyway ... the BOP changed a lot.
Gotta say though the SLS is obsolete, with its replacement on the grid.