Not open for further replies.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Do You have any ideal for next season?

Are there things We need to do different (I know a few things)?

What about cars, are We still to use Gr.2 Super GT cars? Maybe 2, 3 or 4 classes depending on how many signups? It could be Gr.4 for the lowered tier and Gr.2 or 1 for the highest tier.

What about tuning, should that be allowed? If We still use BoP it might only be setup work.

How many rounds, is 6 fine or should We have more?

In the Swedish League they all qualify in one pile and divide people for the race on that result each time. Is that an idea? It would mean that We always have more or les fuld lobbies.

We could do qualifying as a short race and let the fastest time of each driver be the qualifying time?

We could do like they do in some real life series, Do 2 30 min races where the first is started in normal start order and the second in reverse starting order.

Are We to force people to team up or should We maybe let the showest pic his teammate from the fastest?

Some ideal can work together and others can't, We'll cross that bridge when We come to it.

Should We try to get Discord to work or are there better solutions out there?

What about tirewear and fuel use? Should one or both be increased and how much do You think?

What about the calender, are there tracks that You want to use or not use?

Is monday the best day for this?

Please keep a positive tone in here and let's have all Your good, crazy, stupid, unrealistic, boring, exciting and solid ideas. Don't let my dumm ideas limit You, let's have it all.

@Browneskiii
@Wobbuffet
@F1fan15
@F4H_Green
@Joseph Willows
@BL99DY-NINE
@AOR Gizmo
@jamie-995
@SEAN-GBR
@ItzFrisky_CJ
@JoeyVrolijk
@alexukr
@Gabri04Martin
@ThatFozzyFella
@maxpfennings_
@msvance23
@F4H_Jake
@Nexus1011
@Solenx86
@Hasnain
@Zonander_
@LJM_Stevo
@wisok
@Shellay
@Morne_du_Plooy
@Bankai_Bullett
@RacingGamer55
@flyingfrome
@CianG-4
@EVR_Archie
@x Shuffle
@CallumS44
@Sabba7h
@RGT hayc
@cbckly917
@West408
@SwOiL
@IntergalacticGentleman
@ESS_AYCH
@1.MSC
@alvarobenjamin92
@Bexan2000
@BearTaiko
@--VAGlenn--
@p4thos
@TNR_FILO
@DanMac4569
@Andrei Codreanu
@Nacho24
@davidblanco1990
@Ff1595
@Chrisse1975
@Xdearagony
@Nikoznikzar

Last edited:

jamie-995

AOR PS4 RallyCross S1 Champion
Jan 4, 2016
Would prefer it if we stayed with the GT500 class for at least another season since there are already Prototype & GT3 leagues that exist on other games & also replace Brands Hatch since that clearly doesn't suit this particular type of car, maybe Dragon Trail Gardens since it's a pretty decent track imo & isn't terrible for track limits.

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018

What about cars, are We still to use Gr.2 Super GT cars? Maybe 2, 3 or 4 classes depending on how many signups? It could be Gr.4 for the lowered tier and Gr.2 or 1 for the highest tier.
I would strongly caution against Gr. 1 as the Mazda, McLaren & Peugeot 908 are OP AF if tuning is allowed.

I would much prefer everyone rotating through each group rather than being shackled to a single group based on skill level.

Perhaps copy the Manufacturer Series and rotate Gr. 3 & Gr. 4? (There would need to be limits placed on the number of drivers per car type)

It'd be awesome if we could do a multi-heat social race in the Red Bull jr. (tuning allowed because the stock tune is a bit... ?)

What about tuning, should that be allowed? If We still use BoP it might only be setup work.
If we stay with Gr.2 NO tuning, the cars handle quite well without tuning and it is really easy to screw up the tune. Gr. 3 & Gr. 4 are a different story and can greatly benefit from tuning although I would prefer it be for suspension only. Of course with tuning allowed, the races become less of a test of driver skill and more a test of engineering prowess.

Perhaps 8 rounds with 2 drop races however, there needs to be some kind of incentive to get people to show up for races toward the end of the calendar.

In the Swedish League they all qualify in one pile and divide people for the race on that result each time. Is that an idea? It would mean that We always have more or les fuld lobbies.
Doing this for every race would be too chaotic but it would be interesting to do something along these lines in the middle of the season as a re-fresh, reset would be... interesting.

Are we to force people to team up or should we maybe let the slowest pick their teammate from the fastest?
Forcing team-ups might be the only way to get teams actually established but perhaps do mid-season driver transfers if things aren't working out???

An idea: The Co-Ordinator and a designated second each run a PSN Chat Party whilst communicating with each other via Discord for lobbies with 8+ drivers.

I did find something about getting Discord to work over PSN party chat but it required knowledge both audio & computer technical way above that of the modern merry general along with being a faff and a half to set up.

What about tirewear and fuel use? Should one or both be increased and how much do You think?
Increasing both fuel and tire wear to 3x each would be interesting and/ or out-right banning super softs would make for more variation in strategy but testing testing testing we need testing.

What about the calendar, are there tracks that You want to use or not use?
Dragon Trail Seaside & Gardens have better flow in reverse
Alsace is decent track and almost impossible to abuse track limits,
anyone suggesting Willow Springs should be dragged out into the street and... publicly humiliated,
Blue Moon Infield A I and/ or II also decent,
Bathhurst... no — just, no.

Is Monday the best day for this?
Personally the day doesn't matter but if you could move the time to 8pm American Central that'd be great.

(Yes I realize that is 2am UK time but DEAL WITH IT!... kidding, just kidding it's all good)

Reactions: Delaney

Gabri04Martin

Semi-Pro Karter
May 4, 2018
In my opinion, depending on signups, it would be nice to have Gr2, Gr3, Gr4 (or something like that) on different tiers. If it is not possible, Gr2 cars are nice too.

Maybe the restarts. I think that it could be better to do just one restart when there are problems on the start. This can be unfair, but it is a game problem...
When we have done 2 or 3 restarts the race finish maybe 1 hour later and we stay with the same problems.

Answered ?

I like this idea.

I think that it would be nice to have 8 races and to implement 1 or 2 drops.

I don´t like this idea.

We could do qualifying as a short race and let the fastest time of each driver be the qualifying time?
I dón like this idea. I think Qualifying method is nice as it is.

We could do like they do in some real life series, Do 2 30 min races where the first is started in normal start order and the second in reverse starting order.

I like that. 2 races of 30 min (without pit stop) or one race of 20 min (sprint race, no pitstops) and another race of 40 ("endurance" race with pit stop. In this case, Qualifying order could be set for endurance race (that also could give double points that sprint race or something like that) and grid reverse for sprint race.

Are We to force people to team up or should We maybe let the showest pic his teammate from the fastest?

I think that it is fine as it is. No teams forced.

Some ideal can work together and others can't, We'll cross that bridge when We come to it.

I think that PS chat is fine. Discord is a good idea too.

In my opinion, it is fine, but if race length is changed, it may be changed too.

I don´t mind.

Yes. But when next season starts there should be a new votation.

x Shuffle

AOR XB1 RallyCross S1 Champion
Feb 21, 2014
Are there things We need to do different?
I think it’d be nice to have standing starts, I don’t know if it technically works online on this game, but in every other game I’ve played, standing starts have been much better action wise.

Stick to the Gr.2’s, this is the only game which has these cars, whereas you can use GT3’s etc on pretty much any game. Keep it unique.

I don’t know if maybe banning the Lexus could be an option? And have people choose between either the Nissan and the Honda instead? I don’t know how much better the Lexus is (probably not much if anything, and I certainly don’t think it would change the order of any championships etc), but maybe it’s something worth considering. As I’d guess next season pretty much the whole league will pick the Lexus. But maybe if you ban it they’d all pick the Nissan, or the Honda. I don’t have enough experience on this game to say really.

No!

Maybe 7 or 8? And 1 drop round.

This creates a headache for coordinators. And leaves people sitting around waiting to see where they’re at.

Just leave it as is.

Yeah I think it should be 2 races per round, with he second race being a little shorter and with a reverse grid. As currently if you disconnect, or are hit off etc. that’s it you’re fucked. And it’s just a league for fun, I think it hurts people’s motivation if they practice all week and are then just punted at T1. Also, the reverse grid race would give other drivers a chance to compete for wins, which again helps with people’s motivation at the back end of the grid.

Leave it as is.

Not fussed really.

It’s fine as is, I don’t think it would be good to have everyone just cruising around saving tyres and fuel. Let people race.

Please just keep it to race tracks, don’t put something on there like Alsace or Tokyo Expressway. One further point on this would be, please could we try and use the time of day settings that look best on each? This season Dragon Trail and Nurburgring looked like a PS2 game because of the time of day settings.

Not sure, it depends on what days other leagues are run I guess. Personally I would prefer Wednesday but there’s no doubt 80 other leagues on Wednesday haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamie-995

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
I'll give my opinion even though I'm not sure if I can take part next season, but I think its been a good learning experience for everyone involved, however there does needs to be some changes I think, they don't have to be massive but just to keep things fresh and everyone on there toes.

Here are my thought on some of the things you've raised Delaney
I think sticking with Super GT for at least one more season should be the main focus, I do agree with others that Gr.3 leagues are ten a penny and basically moving to a Gr.3 league would be to generic.

Gr.4 would probably be a better option and give better racing then Gr.3 if you were looking to move the series regardless and as for Gr.1, I think that would be a non-starter for many, those cars are more suited to longer races assuming your using the LMP's of either Toyota or Porsche.

No and this should be an emphatic NO at that, the last thing this league needs is allowing setups, some people hardly have the time to practice let alone having to tune a setup, all it would do is create the chance of a bigger disparity of pace across a tier from race to race.

I think upping it slightly would be reasonable though due to the lack of options circuit wise I think the limit for a season should be 8 races max.

I said this after the 2nd race of the season and my thoughts haven't changed, there's very little variation in strategy race to race, and its always the same supersofts and fuel mix 1 (though the recent update has seemed to make tyre wear a little bit higher) but at x2 its not really giving drivers anything to worry about over a stint.

Surely the concept of the supersoft tyres is that they should be the fastest to use but have a very short lifespan, perfect for qualifying but would cost you an extra couple stops if you want to use just them for the race, upping tyre wear to x5 should achieve this.

Also with fuel consumption same thing x2 just makes life to easy for everyone, the rich fuel mixes (1 & 2) should only be used sparingly for when you need to attack or defend for example, so adding proper fuel management would bring more strategy into everyone races, honestly to bring all fuel mixes into the equation you need to be looking at x8, and finally if you do go for that sort of fuel consumption then starting race fuel should be at 100 litres. (the max)

(I think my thoughts on this are the polar opposite to @x Shuffle though)
It’s fine as is, I don’t think it would be good to have everyone just cruising around saving tyres and fuel. Let people race.
If you do have x5 tyre wear and x8 fuel for example then no one forcing you to cruise around and save tyres and fuel Shuffle, you can push and burn your tyres and fuel to your hearts content - it just means you'll need to make more pitstops.;)

I said this before the calendar came out and I'll say it again add an oval race to the calendar even if its just for the wildcard factor, I think blue moon bay oval in Super GT cars would probably be the most competitive race of the season.
Oval racing offers a different challenge to all the drivers and its likely the fastest drivers in each tier wouldn't be able to just run off and disappear into the distance after 10 minutes. *cough* *cough* @jamie-995;)

Lastly with this:

Let the Swedish league do what they do and lets just keep the current format for are league as it is basically. With the current qualifying format its fine as it is, if you go about qualifying that way then theres chances people will be racing in different tiers race to race how would that work from a championship perspective.

As for 2 races a per round that could be considered, though reverse grids are a bit meh, I mean Jamie dropped to the back at the last race at Yamagiwa and as soon as he was behind me (after like 5 minutes), I just let him by as there was no point for me to battle him.

Anyway those are my thoughts.

Ashracer2011

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
My thoughts on "improving the show"

Negatives/Positives (from my perspective) of the current format & some ideas:

Race length - 60 minutes is far to long drivers end up spaced to far apart and any mistakes for a driver results in a very long and boring race alone, similar to driving around practising really, Ideally it would be nice to have a race lasting 20/25 mins and then another reverse grid sprint race lasting half that and that allows for the whole event to fit into a 1 hour time slot which is realistic when your asking people to give up there free time on a week night.

Strategy - or lack of, there isn't a requirement to use any other tyre than Super Soft, and if you do choose to run a different strategy the speed of the faster tyre cancels that out, meaning everyone ends up sticking to the same pattern of pit stops and tyre choices, a rule to make drivers use a Prime and Option tyre would be good, at least it would offer drivers the chance to run counter strategy.

Racing experience - the reason everyone signs up is for a good racing battle, no one is here to drive around on there own for an hour, which we could all do any time we wanted in arcade mode, the type of car we use can have a big impact, more powerful cars will benefit better drivers meaning a larger spread in times between the front and back of the grid.

Car disparity - I think it would be nice to see a single manufacture car, some of the GT500 cars are easier to drive a faster laptime than others but suffer in other areas such as fuel consumption or tyre wear, this is a characteristic of Gran Turismo going back years due to the way the cars are built into the game, theirs no problem with this as long as people are happy with the choice they've made and are aware of the factors.

**Running two different cars could be an option, having a fast car e.g. GT500 and a slower car Mazda Cup MX-5, this might help drivers who would normally not be able to extract the fastest times out of the more difficult to drive cars such as GT500/LMPs ect to have a chance.

Fairness - I think its fair that drivers who may not be as quick as some get a shot at finishing with a win or podium, not only is this a moral boost for them, but it keeps everyone engaged in racing, if your coming last every race and feel left out it can be difficult for people to feel any reason to keep continuing, preventing this is key to keeping league numbers, running a reverse grid and making faster drivers use a performance penalty such as a slower tyre compound can help even the playing field and give people an opportunity for a good result

Ultimately I would like to see more "Racing" from what I've seen there are some good drivers, some very fast drivers, but everyone here wants to race against other people and close battles can be achieved I believe through a shorter races, perhaps in the season we could run a one off "endurance event" at a special track with double points but for now I feel the race is to long and a change is needed really.

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Personally I think the Gr2 cars are very boring to race. Gr4 are the best in the game (banning the new Megane), although a mix of Gr4 and Gr2 would be fun and make it not so monotonous.

If there was a way to allow gearbox modifications only then we should, but if not, no.

8 with NO drop rounds would be a good option imo.

No

No

No

No

Don't make it mandatory, but allow it

Raise it so we don't have a boring follow the leader strategy every race.

More emphasis on GT's own tracks. Then put a few world tracks. If we're doing 8 race seasons, have 4 of them stay for every season and 4 of them rotate each season.

Anything works. I can't do Wednesday, Friday or Saturday now though.

1.MSC

Pro Karter
May 23, 2018
I Just want to point out that, in the Swe series, there are no tiers. It is one championship table with a split grid. If you set a top16 quali time, you will race for top 16 points and the race win. And if you quali outside, you race for less points.

TNR_FILO

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 15, 2016
Super GT Cars are brilliant.

Absolutely YES
. otherwise whats the difference to this and a regular daily race, other than it's just longer? it's very hard to follow people with stock cars and the stock tunes don't fit the tracks. hence why the this season was mainly a one make.

15 Minute Qualifying 1 Hour Race is a good structure. Maybe 1.5H finale?

2x is good.

Would like to start off with a full tank.

don't use brands hatch

i like Monday

West408

Semi-Pro Karter
May 7, 2018

Stay with Gr2

Tuning is fun but it will clearly reward the player with most time to practice/set up the car, so id say NO.

If you missed one race this series, which ended up happening several and especially cause we moved a race to a date that was supposedly free, there is IMO no point to really continue. Having a 5/6 counts system works but that MIGHT lower the interest in every race, I do think its the better choice for this kind of championship and game. I know now that ill be abroad 3 weeks, locked in at work 1 week and then 2 weeks in Hungary, all this is decided before any race calendar is out.. its hard to make every race, every season.

With the low interest in our lobbies this is a nice thing, it would probably merge Elite, Pro and Semi-Pro into 2 lobbies most times and the con with that is there might be more lapping, I do know that Pro has had drivers winning with quite a lot and then do they really fit in Pro? This need another system for points tho, why qualify 16th and get 0 points instead of 17th and 25 points? We run a point system where the second lobby starts there points after the last in the first lobby. First in lobby "B" = 17th.

Same thing as now but with less freedom, problem is that the times needs to be gathered and sorted.

Overtaking can be a pain in these cars, depending on the track, id vote against reverse order.

Any random teams must be sorted waay ahead of start so that liveries, cars, whatever can be decided. Its unfortunate that there weren't more teams but thats up to the drivers to create and manage.

-

Forums it a 20th century thing, these kind of posts fit well here but getting to the entire community, today, is IMO ****. Discord or PSN. A PSN chat where you only post important info and where no-one else writes works fine, just that you can't block people from writing...

Whatever settings we use, one tire is going to be the better, if its RM on 4x wear, RH on 6x or RSS on 3x, the result a one tire strategy, there are certain settings where RM and RH are pretty close if you don't count traffic, but that will be different on each track. What we could do is qualify and start on another set, say RS or RM and then have free tires, the problem with that is every lap on anything other then RSS is time lost, is it faster to pit on lap 1 or stay out 10 laps and lose 2s a lap?
Fuel, the higher x the more managing = less overtaking, more slipstreaming, more time stationary in the pits, I like 2x atm, 3x and a full tank is probably doable, but more time standing still, also the Honda might lose on that to.

Most tracks are fine to race on, Sartre and Tokyo (Monza) are where the cars are most unbalanced. Remove the small and the misshaped oval, Tsukuba and the slow Tokyo tracks id say the rest are OK

Probably but I can't be there, we are starting the Swedish racing again and that has been on Mondays since the start, so any other day. However, losing me and Solen might free up some podium spots!

cbckly917

Pro Karter
May 7, 2018

Are there things we need to do different (I know a few things)?
Personally, I think combining Tier 2 and Tier 3 for a larger grid would be a welcome change, depending on interest of course. Pre season testing to try different methods for new quali/race formats, if we indeed change them, would be another good idea IMO.

What about cars, are we still to use Gr.2 Super GT cars? Maybe 2, 3 or 4 classes depending on how many signups? It could be Gr.4 for the lower tier and Gr.2 or 1 for the highest tier.

I love the GT500 cars, but separate series involving other classes wouldn't be a bad idea depending on interest.

What about tuning, should that be allowed? If we still use BoP it might only be setup work.

HECK no. I wouldn't mind aero being open for balance changes, but adding full setups into the mix opens a can of worms for those who aren't setup gurus.

How many rounds, is 6 fine or should we have more?

6 is good, but as more venues are added to GTS and can be agreed upon, I have no issue with more rounds being added.

In the Swedish League they all qualify in one pile and divide people for the race on that result each time. Is that an idea? It would mean that we always have more or less full lobbies.

Maybe.

Don't see much of a difference to how it's currently run.

Reverse grid races could either end up great, or awful. Also means you could get people deliberately backing off in qualifying to get a "decent enough" starting slot for both races. Not in favor of it.

Are we to force people to team up or should we maybe let the slowest pick
their teammate from the fastest?
Forcing teams together could end up messy. Allowing people to choose if they want a teammate as we've been doing is fine.

PSN chat worked quite well last season so I don't see much reason for it.

What about tire wear and fuel use? Should one or both be increased and how much do you think?
I didn't mind 2x on both but that combined with the half tanks at race start does make strategy rather cut and dry on many tracks, so testing to find an optimal balance between show and practicality would be a good idea IMO.

What about the
calendar, are there tracks that you want to use or not use?
Not a fan of Yamagiwa, as it shows specific flaws in some cars (good GOD the Honda's tire wear, haha). Would love for Lago Maggiore to be added but the Sector 2 track limit concerns have already been discussed. Alternate layouts of Dragon Trail could also be worth discussing. And of course this conversation will change as GT Sport grows in track count.

Fine with any day.

EVR_Archie

Semi-Pro Karter
May 12, 2018
I found everything fine but the rolling starts where sometimes slowing the racing at the start. Standing start yes would cause more accidents at the start but it's up to everyone to keep it clean.

And the whole set up bit I like the idea of BoP and fixed set up. Just means it's all driver skill

Wobbuffet

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 20, 2016
This is probably a non-starter but I'll suggest it nonetheless, a car that I used in the 'campaign' mode that might be fun and fair for all to use:

Red Bull X2014 Junior

It weighs just 550kg and has 246BHP, the speeds you can reach ain't that high (like 160mph) so with fixed setups and BoP on it should produce close racing, I'm unsure though on how quick it goes through fuel and tyres.

Delaney

F1 Senna Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2016
Could this work?

Tier qualifying for all tiers (fx. every Sunday evening - just 15 minutes)

Points Elite Tier: 80 73 70 67 65 63 61 59 57 56 55 54 53 52 51 50
Points Pro Tier: 55 48 45 42 40 38 36 34 32 31 30 29 28 27 26 25
Points SemiPro Tier: 30 23 20 17 15 13 11 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Race 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7: All race each other with tier qualifying (Sunday evening?) and start q at the evening (with one DNS)

Race 8a: The 16 with highest score race each other for the Championship in EliteTier. Qualifying just before the race
Race 8b: The 16 with 17-32th highest score race each other for the Championship in Pro Tier. Qualifying just before the race
Race 8c: The 16 with 33-48th highest score race each other for the Championship in SemiPro Tier. Qualifying just before the race

BL99DY-NINE

F1 Multiple Race Winner
Staff member
GT Coordinator
May 14, 2018
Could this work?

Tier qualifying for all tiers (fx. every Sunday evening - just 15 minutes)

Points Elite Tier: 80 73 70 67 65 63 61 59 57 56 55 54 53 52 51 50
Points Pro Tier: 55 48 45 42 40 38 36 34 32 31 30 29 28 27 26 25
Points SemiPro Tier: 30 23 20 17 15 13 11 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Race 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7: All race each other with tier qualifying (Sunday evening?) and start q at the evening (with one DNS)

Race 8a: The 16 with highest score race each other for the Championship in EliteTier. Qualifying just before the race
Race 8b: The 16 with 17-32th highest score race each other for the Championship in Pro Tier. Qualifying just before the race
Race 8c: The 16 with 33-48th highest score race each other for the Championship in SemiPro Tier. Qualifying just before the race
Very interesting and perhaps worth trying however it might prove to be too complicated. How about running some thing like this as a one off mid season shake-up?

Fede73Vr

Junior Karter
Jul 8, 2018
hi all, I'm a newbie here , less in racing games/sims...
here's my 2 cents
gr2 are the ones I like less to drive, personally... I reckon its mostly a brand related issue... jap cars aren't my favs.
gr.4 are the most fun ones imho, enough power to oversteer at will but not excessively nervous to "tame"...
gr3 are nice, well powered and nervous cars.. I love them but for a endurance 60 laps LA Sarthe I'll prefer a relatively relaxing gr4.
PS: historic gr1 are nice too, only thing I really don't like are single seaters open wheels...
F.

Status
Not open for further replies.