• Yes (full racing line)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
Just curious how many don't use the racing line. I've seen it in a lot of the guys who post highlights

No, this isn't meant to be a judgement thread lol, strictly curiosity

Chris Leather

F1 Coordinator & 1-time XB1 Assist 2 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 23, 2017
Just curious how many don't use the racing line. I've seen it in a lot of the guys who post highlights

No, this isn't meant to be a judgement thread lol, strictly curiosity
I have line on but just for corners man :)

LC SPEED DEMON

AOR Legend & 3-time AOR Xbox F1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
I never ran the line on the top tiers but now I've become lazy and don't practice enough to run without it

EditedFaun3698

Reigning AOR XB1 F7 Champion
Premium Member
Sep 26, 2017
Corners only, about 1.5secs slower without racing line

K04

Formula 4 1st Driver
Aug 23, 2017
Corners only, when i was younger i didnt use a line but as they became standard in racing games im now slower without

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
Interesting, now I'm curious how much time I could pick up going back to using the line. I used to use it when I started on pad a year ago but when I switched to my wheel I turned it off completely.

Chris Leather

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 23, 2017
Interesting, now I'm curious how much time I could pick up going back to using the line. I used to use it when I started on pad a year ago but when I switched to my wheel I turned it off completely.
oh Jim hahah, if i ran no line, i would have to practice massively everyweek to get the braking points right

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
oh Jim hahah, if i ran no line, i would have to practice massively everyweek to get the braking points right
that's why I'm always going on about the braking boards when people take them out! Lol... I like the feel of driving without it but you're right, I have to spend a crazy amount of time to be comfortable (not even quick lol) while racing. Maybe I'll try turning them on for Japan and see how that goes

leefindlay04

Formula 3 Test Driver
Mar 26, 2018
I used to use the line but I turned it off near the end of f1 2017, I now don’t use it at all, and whenever I’ve tested the line it makes me a few tenths slower, so I have definitely gained speed with the line off

Chris Leather

Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Apr 23, 2017
that's why I'm always going on about the braking boards when people take them out! Lol... I like the feel of driving without it but you're right, I have to spend a crazy amount of time to be comfortable (not even quick lol) while racing. Maybe I'll try turning them on for Japan and see how that goes
you will win a race! ;)

EditedFaun3698

Reigning AOR XB1 F7 Champion
Premium Member
Sep 26, 2017
I started F12018 with the line of, and stupidly, even set my tt evaluation times with line off, this penalised my times for selection, I feel, and may have put me in a higher league if I set all my tt times with line on. But will take line of for 2019 (if there is a new game)

Polarhase

Semi-Pro Karter
Jul 26, 2018
I think racing without has some benefits. Of course you need to learn the tracks and their braking points, but after doing this racing feels just so much more "real". Also the racing line is not "perfect" like many beginners would expect. In quite some corners you are adviced by the good drivers to drive differently just because it is faster in the game (since it's not a simulator), while the racing line probably shows the optimal way in real F1. Also many drivers try to "force" the racing line and loose time by "overcorrecting" which is not a good habit as well.

But it's just my opinion =)

LC SPEED DEMON

AOR Legend & 3-time AOR Xbox F1 Champion
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
If it's allowed why not use it, it's just a nice comfort barrier to manage race consistency easier, but without the line is where your true pace lies as you naturally push your limits. I'm not sweaty enough for that anymore and tbh the last couple of seasons have been some of the best racing I've had in my 13 seasons I've raced so I'm happy

Hockeyhead019

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Jun 29, 2017
If it's allowed why not use it, it's just a nice comfort barrier to manage race consistency easier, but without the line is where your true pace lies as you naturally push your limits. I'm not sweaty enough for that anymore and tbh the last couple of seasons have been some of the best racing I've had in my 13 seasons I've raced so I'm happy
No argument here lol