Live For Speed - Discussion | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Live For Speed - Discussion

Def

Staff member
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016
How's that promise of an exhaustive introduction to Live for Speed coming along?
I don’t remember promising something along those lines? Rather to talk about LFS to people IIRC

AOR Nova

Pro Karter
Jan 12, 2017
@Def

Eh, that's right. Mupped that phrasing up abit, it wasn't a promise!
Has anyone shown interest to LFS though? I'd like to know! :)
I don’t remember promising something along those lines? Rather to talk about LFS to people IIRC

Def

Staff member
Premium Member
Jun 3, 2016
@Def

Eh, that's right. Mupped that phrasing up abit, it wasn't a promise!
Has anyone shown interest to LFS though? I'd like to know! :)
I got a friend of mine who raced on it a bit yes. Not sure if he’s still playing LFS. On the forum I haven’t done anything to engage with PC players though.

xMinxG

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 1, 2016
@Def
Plus realistic engine and clutch damage, gears... lots more that other sims have only really dulled down. Hm.

Also, Blackwood Circuit map has now been turned into a full-on.... Industrial city world. (Of course not forgetting the entire circuit has been heavily re-vamped to please the community! :)

Which means, that with the open (X) configurations and the multiple available Object Editor you can basically create your own Rally/Hill climb course, drift course, mini track. Yup, LFS has that.
is that for paying players?

xMinxG

F1 Senna Equivalent
Apr 1, 2016
Sad news for the LFS Community as a whole..

The historic 24-season long-running CityLiga series has been folded just this week, with the final sendoff race around the Kyoto circuit.
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/91058-(Final-ever-CLSR!)[email protected]
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/90474-CITYLIGA-24

mbutcher : "I'm afraid so. It's been running since 2004 and in recent seasons the level of competition and attendance has dropped to the point where it just wouldn't be right for it to continue.
The live stream replay from the final ever round (Kyoto GTs) is now up on the CityLiga YouTube channel."
http://www.cityliga.de/en/
https://gaming.youtube.com/user/cityliga

Deutschland2007
Section moderator
S3 licensed

"All good things come to and end eventually, that's no different for CITYLIGA. For the 24th and last time in Live for Speed S2, CL will start into a new season, again with the usual ten rounds. A mixture of classic combos as well as a few awkward ones will make up the calendar for the season, which along with mandatory pit stops, various qualifying modes and other variables will ensure that versatility will be the name of the game yet again.

Not much has changed in terms of rules compared to last season, however, because to the lack of personell some minor alterations have been made: Due to the somewhat low number of starters during CL23 we have removed the minimum lap time requirement for merged grids. On top of that we've also removed steward nominations as well as vote for those nominated, since both had become irrelevant over the last few seasons. Protests will now be reviewed by the series admins instead. Now though, it's time that we explain why we're ending things here and now.

During the christmas break we came to the conclusion that CITYLIGA shouldn't continue until the bitter end when we might reach a point at which we'd have to close it due to a lack of drivers. We agreed that the best thing would be to end it on a positive note, while participation was still at a decent level. That way, the series would be able to come to its conclusion with a certain level of dignity. Afterall it's better to put things behind you and to keep the good memories, instead of continuing just for the sake of it."

-
Another league has now been folded, memories put behind us. Farewell Cityliga.
And onto more pressing things, where will this lead LFS to? Would any league be able to match up to CL and take the challenge going forward into 2018?
such a shame. Cant believe how long that league went! 2004? That's unheard of for me!

AOR Nova

Pro Karter
Jan 12, 2017
@PsyaNyde There are leagues that still run though!

I'm very much still alive!
For you @Def , just another update - LFS has just gotten updates for layout editor (object creator), and appears to be having a quite big update forecast for the future. Take a look mate! Top is the upcoming graphical updates; ultra scene realism in the future :)

Not forgetting new tire physics which should be out in a couple months if we're lucky!

Anyway...
Leagues like Sports Racing Team (SRT) Finland which hosts races every weekend. Usually a full race too! Do drop by when you have the time. LFS isn't the most active platform, and it's been real hard gathering interest from LFS<>AOR, but when races do happen they are usually quite intense!

Speaking of which... a great turnout for yesterday's SRT Feature Race in the GTR class. Check out the action below from two POV's!

And from my POV, starting last, marching up to (?)!

If you wish to join Live For Speed (LFS), simply download the game over at https://www.lfs.net/. The demo version is free to play, and contains multiplayer, a great physics engine and great scenery! Purchase licences to race with us during leagues! See you there!

AOR Nova

Pro Karter
Jan 12, 2017
Hello Ladies n Gents..

The LFS developer team have been working hard on a whole heap of updates which include revamps of all the tracks in the game currently, as well as a dynamic Day-Light cycle as well as functioning headlights.

New physics is also on the way!

For more detail, Paul from RaceDepartment has summed April's update log beautifully - you can find it here.

Also, here is the April Report straight from Scawen and his team. Check out the new revamped Kyoto Circuit!

In a few months time we might see the long awaited updates. Perhaps a good time to hop back on the Sim that started it all - Live For Speed.

Cheers