PC LMP + GTE - Silverstone - 14/12/17

Stephan

Slowest Moderator in recorded history
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
DA Coordinator
Oct 19, 2016
when will you reveal which prototype class we're going in?

AndrexUK

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Question:are the GTE confirmed for the championship?
I'd say 95% confirmed!
But depends on the other class.
Still need to test GTE + LMP2 again (after the patch removed some drag from the LMP2s) - which will probably be after X-mas)
But if the vote goes to LMP2, and the gap from GTE > LMP2 laptimes remains small, then we may switch to GT3 (with restrictions).

Gwegwyn

Pro Karter
Mar 13, 2017
For this event I would like to see the LMP900, simply because it was the class that was supposed to race in this event. And since both LMP1 and LMP900 only have 2 cars to choose from, why not stick with the original plan to race the 900's and see how it matches with the GTE?

Having said that: for the League itself I would like to see as many different cars in 1 class, to get more variety of cars on the track. So @AndrexUK , have you thought of the possibility to race the Group C1 + GTE, Group C1 + GTO or Group C1 + GT1 for the Endurance League? If the leaderboard is accurate, there seems to be much more balanced cars in each class. That leads hypothetically to more variety of cars and teams on the track, which in turn can lead to more competative racing.

The above is just speculation. I still have not yet played the game, since my PC is still broken. So I don't know how many skins there are for the GT1, Goup C1 and GTO class nor do I know how the cars drive and if they are really balanced. Just wanted to give my opinion and thoughts about the (potential) other classes in the game.

AndrexUK

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
May 6, 2015
If the leaderboard is accurate, there seems to be much more balanced cars in each class.
From the testing myself and Domino did, only the GTE class is well balanced. The rest were quite a long way out.

LMP1's are now fairly well balanced, but only 1 skin for the Toyota / Audi would look rubbish.
LMP2's are decent balance in terms of the 3x Ligier's are close to each other, but it is essentially due to all of them being the same car really.
You might see an odd Marek / P20, but 95% would be one of the Ligier's. (Which isn't really a problem (LOTS of liveries for each), but the car looks identical...

I'm not really against switching to something different to what have had in the past, but the reality is, the GT3 + GTE + LMP2 + LMP1 seam to have the closest balance atm, and I think the other classes are too unpopular (shame) for SMS to spend much time balancing them (which is a bit of a vicious circle tbh, as if they balanced them better, then they would be more popular...)
Some balancing issues may be licence based as well, in terms of say (purely for example) Audi may say, you can only use this R8 LMP900 car if it has the correct performance.
As much as a balanced class makes for better racing in the game, some manufacturer's would not be best chuffed if you start nerfing their car...
:(

Niclas Domino

Assetto Corsa Skin Creator
AC Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
For this event I would like to see the LMP900, simply because it was the class that was supposed to race in this event. And since both LMP1 and LMP900 only have 2 cars to choose from, why not stick with the original plan to race the 900's and see how it matches with the GTE?

Having said that: for the League itself, I would like to see as many different cars in 1 class, to get more variety of cars on the track. So @AndrexUK, have you thought of the possibility to race the Group C1 + GTE, Group C1 + GTO or Group C1 + GT1 for the Endurance League? If the leaderboard is accurate, there seems to be much more balanced cars in each class. That leads hypothetically to more variety of cars and teams on the track, which in turn can lead to more competitive racing.

The above is just speculation. I still have not yet played the game, since my PC is still broken. So I don't know how many skins there are for the GT1, Group C1, and GTO class nor do I know how the cars drive and if they are really balanced. Just wanted to give my opinion and thoughts about the (potential) other classes in the game.
From my testing of the game so far, the old cars are more unbalanced as they are as close to the speeds and times as the real ones. The reason that GT3 and GTE cars are "so balanced" is that they are BoP based classes in real life.
Groupe C cars are just stupid fast and are Monsters. Not sure they are fun to drive in a 2H race. I was 14.sek faster in the Nissan Group C then the Audi R18 around Road America.
They will be fun for a one race special with GTO cars, but i personally don't think they will make a good league car :)

DiHeidi

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 14, 2017
@AndrexUK thanks you!
I hope that the lmp2 are now much faster than the gte, an endurance championship without lmp2 or gte is not the same thing. I cross the fingers :D

txalin

Pro Karter
Premium Member
Nov 15, 2016
mmmm... now we have 15 drivers for lmp. Why not run with both lmp1 and lmp2 this race? As it's a test won't be a problem to split lmps in both classes and we could have more testing

Stephan

Slowest Moderator in recorded history
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
Premium Member
DA Coordinator
Oct 19, 2016
mmmm... now we have 15 drivers for lmp. Why not run with both lmp1 and lmp2 this race? As it's a test won't be a problem to split lmps in both classes and we could have more testing
i like that idea

Niclas Domino

Assetto Corsa Skin Creator
AC Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
Well to be honest before talking about having 3 classes, we need more drivers to show up for the races, and we need more drivers to finish the races.
last lmp2 race we wore what 12-14 lmps signed op, but only 9-10 showed up, but I think we only finished 6 in the lmp 2 class.
so if you take the lmp field and split it up into 2 classes, we have what 8 cars in each class, if 2 drivers don't show/life got in the way in one class, and then in the same class two drivers have problems and get a DNF, then we are down to 4 drivers, that is the problem with 3 classes.

but the idea is noted :)

AndrexUK

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Yea, I'm afraid that when it's split into 3 classes, ppl not turning up / dropping out during the race has a big dent on that field.
I'm happy to test something on another event with all 3 classes running, but it's a little short notice, and this event has already changed about quite a lot.

Beppo

Formula 3 Test Driver
Dec 9, 2014
I have voted for LMP1 + GTE simply because I liked the LMP1 class in pCARS 1 a lot. I haven't tested them on pCARS 2 yet though, which I will change now.

Edit: After some testing, I must say I really like the handling of the LMP1s they feel much more alive compared to the raillike ones from pCARS 1^^

I would prefer the Marek #51 or in case of LMP900 the BMW #11

Last edited:

AndrexUK

Project CARS Coordinator
Staff Member
PCARS Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Ok folks.
Looksing at the voting, we are on:
LMP1 = 12 votes
LMP900 = 4 votes

So we will switch to GTE + LMP1!
Remember, just the Marek + RWD P1's please!

OP updated!

Thanks all for voting!