UNi

Semi-Pro Karter
Platform + League: PC - LMP2 League
League Coordinator: @TicklishPicklewickle + @StephenCarry
Date: 08/04/2021
Members Involved:
@UNi + @Dusty
Description:
On Lap 8 of the race, me and Dusty are going side by side into the final few bends leading up to the bus stop chicane. I go around the outside slightly ahead going into the bend with @Dusty on the inside, we make a bit of contact resulting in me running slightly off track onto the outside curb. This incident gave me a 3 second time penalty for just barely running off track in order to avoid further contact.

I don't think @Dusty nor I did anything wrong, however I feel that the time penalty is a little unfair as it doesn't take into account just how hard me and @Dusty are battling. I don't wish to see anyone punished, I would just like this time penalty removed. Should this time penalty stand, I feel it will discourage drivers in future events from battling over positions on track.

Recording:

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
iRacing Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
The stewards have decided to take no further action on the incident.

As there was no real evidence that the penalty was received in the first place, we cannot be sure if it indeed was received and therefore cannot remove it. In the future if an appeal for an unfair time penalty is raised, we have a few general guidelines as to how this is done:
Removing an unfair time penalty: In game penalties for track limit violations will not be removed by the stewards. Exceptions are possible penalties caused by bugs/issues in the game (no such bugs are currently known), or if you get for example a 30 second time penalty for avoiding a crash.
If you receive a 30 seconds time penalty from the game, and you feel this was awarded unfairly, you can make an enquiry for the penalty to be removed. When making such an enquiry, you need to provide evidence of the penalty being applied. Evidence can be either in the form of video footage, or a picture where we need to see the penalty given and see what it was given for. If the stewards thinks there is not enough evidence to remove the penalty then it will not be removed.
How to get evidence from the replay?
If you think you get an unfair 30 seconds time penalty then the 30 seconds will be added to your lap time from the round you committed the penalty. So the best way is to create a video with the complete lap until you crossed the finish line. Then you will see that the 30 seconds time penalty is added to your laptime.

@UNi @Dusty @TicklishPicklewickle @StephenCarry

Status
Not open for further replies.