PC - Lobby problems | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Lobby problems

Kane Jr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2017
Hey, all. I'm sorry if this isn't the right place for this.

Lately for official league and social races I'll be trapped in the lobby whenever everyone else migrates from the lobby to the circuit once the host launches the session. To further explain, whenever the timer starts from 30 seconds letting everyone know that they are about to go from the main lobby down to the circuit for qualifying, I'm still stuck in the lobby unable to join everyone for the qualifying session.

I end up having to leave the lobby, go to my Steam friend's list, find a friend who is in the session and click on "Join Game". Then it takes me back into the same lobby and I can click on "Spectate" and usually I am good to go again. In a social race at USA yesterday this happened, but everyone's "Join Game" option was grayed out so I couldn't re-enter the lobby at all.

I was using a modded game folder that contained liveries and track banners so I thought that had something to do with it so I started using the vanilla game folder and it is still happening.

Does anyone have any ideas? @Viceguy I was told in the social race today that you were possibly experiencing the same issue and you found a fix?

Also, during the social race today and another last week whenever I was about to start a flying lap in qualifying F1 2016 froze and shut down.

This hasn't hampered any official league races, but it may be a matter of time.

• Informative
Reactions: AOR Perez

Viceguy

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 15, 2014
I never had any otler liveries or track banners so that isnt to blame...

what i did to fix it was to join the lobby with the first invite.. then leave and join again with 2nd invite before we even go to track and somehow that seems to fix the problem...

Kane Jr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2017
I never had any otler liveries or track banners so that isnt to blame...

what i did to fix it was to join the lobby with the first invite.. then leave and join again with 2nd invite before we even go to track and somehow that seems to fix the problem...
Just to clarify, is the "second invite" where you click on someone's name in Steam and select "Join Game"?

Viceguy

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 15, 2014
Just to clarify, is the "second invite" where you click on someone's name in Steam and select "Join Game"?
i think for league races we cant do this because its "invite only"
when you receive the first invite from Yoan simply click it and join the lobby, then leave and wait for another invite... just do as i do and shout at erti for another invite :D

in general i seem to remember there is somewhere in the rules that all drivers if possible should invite the rest so people have spare invites

Kane Jr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2017
i think for league races we cant do this because its "invite only"
when you receive the first invite from Yoan simply click it and join the lobby, then leave and wait for another invite... just do as i do and shout at erti for another invite :D

in general i seem to remember there is somewhere in the rules that all drivers if possible should invite the rest so people have spare invites
Thanks!

• Friendly
Reactions: Viceguy

Desmond0313

F1 Reserve Driver
Aug 10, 2016
It does happen to me occasionally, what I noticed too is that from the 2nd try onwards, it's always good. Also if everyone presses "ready" before the timer runs out it's also fine. If the timer runs out, that's when I get the glitch.