PS4 - Mid Season Interview | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Mid Season Interview

SamGamerOfficial

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 6, 2019
Because why not, this idea came from the Assist League Coord. And I find that interesting to see what people's toughts on this would be. Just a few questions to be answered, we have a good 2 weeks break for now thankfully, so we've got plenty of time to do this.

What was your pre-season expectation?

Are you happy with your results so far this season? If not, why?

What would you like to achieve in the 2nd part of the season to be happy at the end of the season?

Who, as a racer, has exceeded your expectations so far?

Who do you see as your biggest rival this season, and why?

What was your favorite race so far?

Which track/race are you looking forward to?

Who do you think will get the drivers and constructors championships? And why?

How's your teammate treating you so far?

Last edited:

SamGamerOfficial

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 6, 2019

I was aimming to fight for the championship, but let's say that the beginning of the season wasnt my best one...

Yes and no, because like I said the beginning of the season wasnt great, but I decided to step myself up right after Monaco, to start from a new page at my home Grand Prix, witch was Canada. I decided to sacrifice more time during the mid week to practise with some people more often, find better race and quali setups balanced, ect. It actually paid off considering my consistent qualis results witch was P2 at Canada, P6 at France I think, P3 at Austria and pole position at Britain yesterday. The races were a bit shaky and unlucky sometimes but still got a few podiums in the bag.

What would you like to achieve in the 2nd part of the season to be happy at the end of the season?

I want to get atleast 3 wins that need to be deserved, not on pure luck. I want to be competitive and show my maximum potential that I got. Also, potentially get back to maybe 3rd place on drivers championship? Who knows?

I would say @robin8f is really the one who did exceeded my expectations. This guy will be the man to try to beat on the championship this season.

Again @robin8f would be my biggest rival. I'm sure he will make it hard for me to get a few wins.

Errr... Britain I guess? Because it was basically up and downs in my side and I did a good and strong qualifying there.

Germany and Japan are those 2 that I am the most looking foward to race on. Those 2 circuits suits a lot my driving style such as approaching and taking corners for example.

I think it's will be a closs fight between @Walsh89-, @AERO_Cobra and @robin8f for the drivers championship. But I think me and @Hamres22, my teamate, got a decent chance to seal the constructors championship if we get consistent points for the remmaining of the season.

My teamate is a really great guy to race with. He is clean, quick and an experienced driver as well. We always treat eachother with respect during the races. We also try to apply different team strategys to achieve the best results as we can for the constructors championship. I think that's a great way to show what team work can be in AOR as well.

My conclusion:

I hope to get intense battle with everyone and achieve decent results for the rest of the season. I have good potential, I cannot waste it and I enjoy so much league racing a lot, especially when it's always competitive like in this tier!

Last edited:

robin8f

Semi-Pro Karter
Aug 20, 2019

I was hoping to drive somewhere at the front, but most importantly I was looking forward to drive in a no assist league and have fun & clean battles

Yes, I'm leading the championship at the moment and have won multiple races. Of course there's still room for improvement, with some things in some races, for example I can improve in the rain and need to make sure to not get penalties in the race (managed to do that in the last 2 races thankfully :)) but I'm happy with the season so far

Continue like this, try to win races and hopefully win the championship, also continue to have nice battles and clean racing

I only knew a couple of guys when I joined so I didn't really have expectations of anybody at the beginning. I guess I can say that @SamGamerOfficial has really improved his pace in the last few races, so maybe he has exceeded my initial expectations from the first few races

There are a lot of guys in this tier who have very good pace and can fight at the front, it's just all about staying consistent, having clean & good qualifyings and races, and not making mistakes. Based on the season so far I would say that @AERO_Cobra is my biggest rival, but as I said, there are many guys who could step up and become a new 'biggest rival'

Difficult to decide, Azerbaijan was maybe my best race looking at my pace compared to others, but I can also choose the last race at Britain where there was a big slipstream/drs train at the beginning and @SamGamerOfficial was making me push hard after the pit stops, until he unfortunately had a spin

Japan, it's definitely my favourite circuit

I hope I can fight for the drivers championship and hopefully win it. For the constructors Renault (@Walsh89- & @AERO_Cobra) is the favourite in my opinion, hopefully me and @Hasnain can finish in the top 3 with Red Bull

Not much to say here, we don't really work together or anything, but I think once or twice when I got behind him after my pit stop he didn't battle me and let me past, so I don't have any complaints at all :)

AERO_Cobra

Rookie
Jan 13, 2014

I had 0 expectations before the start of the season, just hoped for some good clean racing and hopefully be competitive.

That's an absolute no. There have been races where I should have had an easy 1st or 2nd and I've made a mess of it. I guess that's to be expected when you've been out of the game for so many years but consistency and overall racecraft needs to be improved. I've made a mess of Australia where an easy podium was on the cards, same for Baku.

After the mid season break we're starting at one of my favourite tracks and also the track where I got my first win in AOR F5 back in season 2! I'm hoping for a repeat of that but I know a lot of drivers will be quick there. Overall I just hope to be be on the podium more regularly and at the end the perfect result would be 2nd in the championship and winning the constrcutors.

Can't really answer this one but using the first race as reference I think @SamGamerOfficial has improved the most. Also a shoutout to @Zaack who has impressed me over the last couple of races as well.

@maxou13-12 and @Hamres22. I haven't had many on track battles with the 2 of them although Spain and Monaco were good fun. It's gonna be close in the championship I think.

China ofcourse. An epic race with mixed conditions where @Walsh89- and myself got the maximum points for Renault. Everyone pitted for an extra set of inters when we stayed out and won by a countrymile. It was a great display of clean and fair racing with @SolidNinjaSnake as well, that was definitely the highlight of the season for me.

Germany and Japan. 2 of my favourite tracks along with Australia and Monaco.

As for the drivers we may as well give it to @robin8f already, he's in a different league. The constructors is a complete different story, I think Walsh and I could win it.

I've known him for over 8 years now I think, we know what to expect from each other. Clockwork :cool:

Walsh89-

F1 Test Driver
Jan 14, 2014

I was hoping to compete for points at every race and maybe get a podium here or there.

I had a much better start than I expected, winning the opening race was well beyond where I thought I would be heading into the season. To then follow that up with 2nd in Bahrain and China was an amazing start and put me into a strong position in the lead of the championship.

Inevitably my results have faded as the season has gone on as the start was definitely over achieving for my pace but to lead the championship for 8 rounds was fun.

Just to try and consistently score good points, maybe the odd podium and to hopefully improve my qualifying performances as I don't feel I've got the most out of myself in qualifying in a lot of races so far which obviously makes it tougher in the race.

Other than my teammate I didn't really know much about other drivers pace to start the season but I'd say @Hamres22 has been very consistent and has seemed to improve his pace through the season. @maxou13-12 also deserves a mention after such a tough start he's had some really good performances including taking the win in his home race.

I would probably say my teammate @AERO_Cobra as he usually has the edge on me, particularly in qualifying and I need to at least out qualify him once...

After that I think it'll be close between me and Hamres for the rest of the season in the championship.

Somewhat obviously Australia, to win on my return to league racing after a couple of years was great. China also was fun, staying out on the worn inters and calculating the tyre wear lap by lap to see if they would last and then to get the Renault 1-2 was satisfying.

I'll be boring and say Spa. I don't really have any favourite tracks on the calendar. I used to really like Malaysia but they removed it.

in terms of the drivers title it's hard to look past @robin8f as his pace since he joined in China has been consistently a few tenths faster so he'll be very tough to stop.

I'm hoping that me and Cobra can win the constructors but I think Red Bull and Racing Point will make it tough for us.

We have raced each other a lot over the years and we work together on strategy well. If only I was a bit faster.:p

SolidNinjaSnake

S13 AOR PS4 F4 Champion
Nov 27, 2016
I didn't really have one I don't think. I just had the usual thought of, take the first race as it comes and see how it goes. I'm sure I probably also thought that seeing that I'd be back in F5, where I haven't been since my initial season with AOR that didn't last long before I was moved to F4, I probably at least hoped that it'd go well.

I'd probably say no overall, as I think I should have potentially had a few more podiums and at least a win. Something I'm still hoping I can achieve this season. That being said, when I finally did get that podium it made it feel all that much greater! Also getting that Pole Position at France was a nice surprise too!

A few more podiums and that win I'm missing. Championship Standings wise... I was hoping to get at least 5th since I finished there last season, so I think that's the target still. Constructors I'm hoping we can claim P4 but as a target... P3.

I'm not sure there's anyone that has exceeded my expectations as I didn't really have any for anyone coming into the season. If the question were to be plainly who has surprised you in some way, then I'd have a few answers.

I'm not sure if they'd agree but honestly? @Hasnain. Reason being that I can see those ahead in the Championship Standings pulling further away into the season. Then there's a huge points gap to the position behind Hasnain. So as of right now, my expectation is that there'll be a gap ahead of us and behind us, with the two of us left on our own to fight for P6 and P7 haha.

From the top of my head, I'd have to say Silverstone just gone! It was a great race where it was just constant pressure and constant battling all the way through. Unfortunately, it didn't end up the way I'd like it to have gone, but that's how it goes some times! Honourable mention would be Canada since I finally got a podium this season! No doubt I'd be saying China too if I hadn't had that puncture at the end!

I can't say there's any in particular that I'm looking forward to. There may be one or two but purely from a, "I had a good result here once" from a previous season haha. Ask me again after I've done some running at each of the tracks! Haha.

It has to be @robin8f, doesn't it? Before they joined I'd have said @AERO_Cobra. As for Constructors... Again, I'd have said Renault but it all depends on if Robin's domination can be stopped really. So as of right now, I'd have to go with Red Bull I think, but I think Renault will still be comfortably in 2nd.

You mean if we ignore what happened at Baku...? Haha I'm joking! That was just an unfortunate incident but on a serious note, great as always! I'd like to think I'm right by now after being teammates for multiple seasons, that we always do what's best for the team. For example in Canada this season we agreed to split strategies. Although I did feel bad after when I found out just how many would be doing the two stop!

Zaack

Pro Karter
Feb 24, 2019
Season 17 was my first season in AOR, were just 10 races then i didn't have time to prove what i could do, then i wasn't really expected anything from this season.

I can't say i am, missed a few races, had problems in others, so far haven't been the best but there is half way to go.

Few more podiums and hopefully a win.

Probably @maxou13-12

@Bankai_Bullett, @SolidNinjaSnake and @Hamres22 , pace in the majority of the races was similar with them

Silverstone, it's a track that i really enjoy and i have put together a good race.

Actually i like most of the tracks in second half of the season, hopefully i'll have the pace to compete.

@robin8f for the driver championship, he is just on another level, Renault for the constructor, i think because renault has two solid drivers.

Who?

maxou13-12

Pro Karter
Jun 29, 2019
before the beginning of the season I wanted to be in the top 5 and score points in each race and be regular

I'm very disappointed with this early season.I had a lot of bad luck in the first 3 races, and I made huge mistakes in Montreal and Silverstone.without that I think I could easily fight for 3rd place in the championship.

for the next part I will try to finish all the races without problems and try to have some victories to finish in the top 3 of the championship.

Robin is an excellent driver and is almost impossible to beat in a race.In the last few races I have been impressed by sam he has shown that he is able to go very fast, and if he continues he will probably soon win his first race.

I think that the 2 Renault are my direct rivals we are often in battle in the race and it is always beautiful battles very fairplay.
There is also Sam who can be a big competitor as he was in Austria.
And if I can try to fight with Robin it would be cool for me.

The race where I had the most fun was Silverstone I started 9th and I managed to climb up to virtuelement p2 but unfortunate for me the race ended very badly.
Otherwise there was also Spain where I was during the whole race in battle with the Renaults it is a good memory.

Spa monza Bresil are extraordinary circuits and I think we will have beautiful battles over there

i think robin and renault will be the winner of this season they showed that was strong

I have a new teammate and i hope we can mark a big point to get a podium to the constructor championship

Hasnain

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Staff member
GT Coordinator
F1 Coordinator
Jan 1, 2017
Not much, maybe some consistent points finishes I guess.

Yes and no. Some results have been decent but there were a few missed opportunities.

Top 5 in every race is a good target for me I'd say. Hopefully can fluke into a podium somewhere

@robin8f. Pretty sure I was a lot closer to his pace when I last raced him in ERL.

Going off the standings I guess it's @SolidNinjaSnake though I think he's setting his standards too low if he sees me as his rival. I've been so inconsistent I think I've come across nearly everyone on track so hard to say really.

France. Was a few battles throughout the race and I managed to get a podium.

Singapore actually. My pace is usually decent there but given how the season has gone so far who knows where I'll go well.

As long as Robin keeps his consistency he should take the drivers title. Constructors will depend on me performing consistently most races which I don't see happening and Renault have 2 very quick and consistent drivers so I'll go with them.

I've hardly spoken to him but other than him obliterating me every weekend I've got no complaints.

rich500

Pro Karter
Aug 4, 2018
Not particularly high expectations at the start, perhaps scrape a podium or two at best. Quite early on it became apparent however I needed to shift my expectations. Everyone is clearly quicker than me so I'm now concentrating on having a few race battles and perhaps picking up a point or two every so often. Lowering my expectations has resulted in me cutting right back on my practice before the last few races. Strangely I'm finding I enjoy it all a lot more now than at the start of the season where I did become slightly frustrated at my lack of pace compared to others.

I wasn't at the start but fine now (as above)

There's a couple of circuits coming up that seem to suit me and I've previously done well at. Not saying which ones, hopefully a top 6 at one of those if things really go my way.

I didn't know most of the other drivers before the season started so can't answer this one.

When I'm not at the back racing on my own, I haven't been consistently battling the same drivers each race. Based on that I would say I haven't got a rival.

Monaco, my best result

Wait and see on this one

Can't see how it won't be @robin8f , he's had a great season so far and very quick. Renault for the constructors, a very strong consistent pairing in @Walsh89- and @AERO_Cobra .

Very well. Alfa has struggled a few times this year but it's all good. We try and help each other out and respect each other on track when racing.