Mini-league/series of socials idea | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Mini-league/series of socials idea

• ANNOUNCEMENT: The AOR iRacing leagues are back for another season! Sign-ups now open:
    AOR GTE League Season 7 - LINK
    AOR Formula 3 Championship Season 3 - LINK

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
I'm posting this here because it's an off-shoot of the GTE league.

Basically, one of the gripes I have is it's always the same tracks. Well, what if we had a mini league, or a series of social races in the GTE cars at mostly the same tracks... but different layouts of that track? It doesn't cost you any extra because you own the car/track combo. It's just a shorter, fun league.

1 hour sessions:
20 minute practice session
10 minute/3 lap lone qualifying
30 minute races WITH STANDING STARTS.

Maybe with a ridiculously low fuel limit to force pit-stops too.

Put it like this, using this season's calendar for example:

Road America - BEND
I've never seen anyone use the bend, it's only one bit that would change, maybe it's for the better? We don't know, we never race it.

Monza
Oooooh boy we've got some serious hilarious choices here. GP without chicanes? COMBINED WITHOUT CHICANES? Maybe even that annoying little Junior circuit. It'd be a mad little race for sure.

Silverstone
Either the International or National circuits could be fun. To be fair, there was one league race around Silverstone International. The Southern would be good too, but I doubt we'd have a usable pit-lane. Also there was one league race around Silverstone International and it was bloody great fun.

Suzuka
The east circuit is basically the esses and the pit-straight, the west circuit is the opposite side of the circuit. Imagine 130r being turn 1 with the other pits? COME ON

Watkins Glen
Classic or cup circuits would be mostly the same, but something a little different.

Sebring
Modified or Club layouts, you know. Something different again. Although again, I doubt the club has pits.

Canadian Tire Motorsports Park
Because this is unchangeable, we'd have to race Tsukuba 2000 Full. It's a free track, no excuses.

Spa
Because this is unchangeable, we'd have to race Tsukuba 2000 Full. It's a free track, no excuses. (Legit though, not sure what we'd do with this week.)

Nurburgring GP
Sprintstrecke, Kurzanbindung w/out arena both viable options. Although Mullenbachschliefe for absolute lols.

Indianapolis
Oval

Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
Because this is unchangeable, we'd have to race Tsukuba 2000 full. It's a free track, no excuses...

Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans
HISTORIC. THE SPEED OH THE SPEED.

In all seriousness though, We have 3 unchangeable tracks, but we have 4 rounds already run, so we could just plop those in the gaps. Or just run Tsukuba 3 times. I don't mind either way.

Points? Probably
Broadcast? Probably not
Fun? Definitely.

I mean to me this sounds like the most ridiculous and fun thing. I might even sign up to race it.

Reactions: FisiFan91

Faerge

Rocket League Coordinator
Staff member
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Jan 4, 2017
I mean, instead of potentially 3 times Tsukuba 2000 Full, for maximum bants, go Tsukuba 1000 Full for one of them, it even has pits iirc

• Winner
Reactions: Stevie

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Super Mod
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Nice idea! But here’s another: keep tracks from the calendar but make it multi class.
Put pro, pro-am and am into 3 free cars. Lock the setup too. Say spec racer Ford (I like that), Solstice and street stock or something. Just no MX5. We don’t want to hand this straight to Sara.

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
I disagree, we have proven popularity with these cars, I think that is arguably the one thing that should stay the same

Rin Hato

AOR Space Race Champion
Oct 17, 2016
Have the free options be Tsukuba oval, new Charlotte Road and Lime Rock with chicane and I'm in.

Just no MX5. We don’t want to hand this straight to Sara.
I would win in Solstice, SRF or Street Stock anyway :cool:

• Scared
Reactions: Stephan

ramdrop

F1 Schumacher Equivalent
Apr 26, 2015
GT3 is also popular. I'm not sure if thats the direction you want to go with this. I'd definitely be down to see some different track combos.

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
Fun potential is here, would need some adjustments though. But I don't think I'd have time to take part in this, so who am I to say...