Modern Championship - Round 3 (Wales) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Modern Championship - Round 3 (Wales)

Maddog40

PC F1 Assist League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 13, 2017
Rally Banner.png

Welcome to the third round of the DiRT 4 Rally League Season 2, in the Modern Championship!

Stage Information:
Date/Time Start: 23/04/18 00:00 GMT
Date/Time End: 29/04/18 23:30 GMT

Important Links:
Calendar
League Information
League Rules

EpilepticToast

2-Time Reigning DiRT League Champion
Dec 11, 2016
Had to rush both my modern and classic runs in because I won't have any time to do it this weekend now. The modern rally was a crashfest for me, I'll be lucky if I can get near top 5 in the end with all the time I lost. The pace notes were some of the most tragic I've seen in this game yet but it didn't really help much that my Fiesta setup was way off for the sh** conditions again. I rolled it and got penalized a number of times on some of the late call tight blind corners. Crashed into a tree on the power stage too so a really poor rally overall in modern. Hoping the classic result is better though because that was a much better drive in the BMW despite a couple nasty spins.
P.S are we ever gonna have a normal weather rally? :p

AddictivePenguin

Pro Karter
Dec 10, 2016
I feel you @EpilepticToast This week has been a huge mess for me as well. I've only been home for two days so I just had to grab my setup from Sweden and use it here with a few tweaks to the gears and ride height (it worked surprisingly well!).

Event-wise I don't have much to say. It was not a particularly clean event as I made a mistake or spun in nearly every stage (I screwed up the 1st corner of the rally as well:facepalm:). By stage 5 I was 4th and had to start playing catchup. It felt like I was pushing but in reality I was just making up time and then losing it again due to a mistake or bad pace notes (more on that below). All I have to say is that I was lucky not to hit spectators or exceed track limits.

Anyway, I have to absolutely agree with what EpilepticToast said above. The pace notes on the event were absolutely horrendous. Not just bad. Horrendous. SS5 was the first with bad notes and I made 1 mistake due to that (I also made a 2nd one but that was due to me being stupid). SS7 had the worst pace notes of the event. At the second-to-last sector I had to slow down twice(!) by pressing the brake in a very fast section because my codriver was 2 corners behind. The power stage also had a couple of bad pace notes and I was really lucky not to crash into spectators. Of course I am not blaming the AOR guys as this is completely game-related, but hopefully you could try and test-run the stages next season? I have no clue about what time constraints you are on so no worries if that can't happen. I guess I'll have to keep lifting off the gas pedal \o/

P.S. As epileptic said, some more realistic weather wouldn't hurt. Not necesserily good/clear, just more realistic (muddy wales, relatively dry spain etc.) because right now it feels like every event has UK weather xD The occasional rain is welcome, just not on every event and right after a sunny stage! Fellow drivers, feel free to comment on this matter as I think it could really increase the immersion of the league (y)

Reactions: EpilepticToast

Farewell AOR

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 27, 2017
@Maddog40 sorry buddy. I seam to be having some troubles with the Dirt 4 game on the PS4. I totally for got you can play it on the XB1 lol :)

EpilepticToast

2-Time Reigning DiRT League Champion
Dec 11, 2016
Wow I somehow get a podium on my worst drive yet! Did not expect that one. I clearly wasn't the only one to have some massive offs looking at the stage times on racenet :wideyed:. This was a brutal rally. Really gotta feel for @SereneLogic, looks like you were well on for 2nd place until the power stage.
Well done on the clean sweep though @mirk, great driving to get through that nightmare smoothly.

Good to see it's not just me that was left dumfounded by some of the notes @AddictivePenguin, Codemasters need to sort it out for generated stages in whatever rally game they do next because it makes it so hard to trust the co driver and commit whenever there's a high speed tricky section. Maybe they can sort out the "fog patches" too while they're at it :lol:

Reactions: AddictivePenguin

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Wow I somehow get a podium on my worst drive yet! Did not expect that one. I clearly wasn't the only one to have some massive offs looking at the stage times on racenet :wideyed:. This was a brutal rally. Really gotta feel for @SereneLogic, looks like you were well on for 2nd place until the power stage.
Well done on the clean sweep though @mirk, great driving to get through that nightmare smoothly.

Good to see it's not just me that was left dumfounded by some of the notes @AddictivePenguin, Codemasters need to sort it out for generated stages in whatever rally game they do next because it makes it so hard to trust the co driver and commit whenever there's a high speed tricky section. Maybe they can sort out the "fog patches" too while they're at it :lol:
Bad pace notes and horrible luck did me over. :p

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017

I got damage on Stage 7, and we forgot to add a Service before the Power Stage, so I did that stage with a horribly handling car. :(