Modern Championship - Round 5 (USA) | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Modern Championship - Round 5 (USA)

Maddog40

PC F1 Assist League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 13, 2017
Rally Banner.png

Welcome to the fifth and final round of the DiRT 4 Rally League Season 2, in the Modern Championship!

Stage Information:
Date/Time Start: 07/05/18 00:00 GMT
Date/Time End: 13/05/18 23:30 GMT

Important Links:
Calendar
League Information
League Rules

xXMARKELiNXx

GP2 Reserve Driver
Dec 1, 2016
ugh man i cant believe i missed it ugh D: personal issues got in the way of being able to participate i will be there next season for sure

EpilepticToast

2-Time Reigning DiRT League Champion
Dec 11, 2016
Enjoyed that rally to end a poor season, only had one minor spin but the car did not feel fast enough with my botched attempt at tuning the gears in shakedown. Ended up with it bogging on acceleration and still redlining 5th far too easily despite lengthening gears a hell of a lot. Hoping for a podium with the almost completely clean run but realistically looking at 4th place again with the time lost bogging down I'd imagine. The Ford is pretty crap IMO, definitely feels slower than the pug was last season but maybe I just cannot tune it properly :lol:. Would like to try the Mitsubishi next season if I do sign up again.
Thanks for putting in your time and effort to organize this championship @SereneLogic & @Maddog40 (y)

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
Enjoyed that rally to end a poor season, only had one minor spin but the car did not feel fast enough with my botched attempt at tuning the gears in shakedown. Ended up with it bogging on acceleration and still redlining 5th far too easily despite lengthening gears a hell of a lot. Hoping for a podium with the almost completely clean run but realistically looking at 4th place again with the time lost bogging down I'd imagine. The Ford is pretty crap IMO, definitely feels slower than the pug was last season but maybe I just cannot tune it properly :lol:. Would like to try the Mitsubishi next season if I do sign up again.
Thanks for putting in your time and effort to organize this championship @SereneLogic & @Maddog40 (y)
I came close, but definitely I was maxing revs too...I'm also moving to a Mitsubishi next season....If you do sign up...I smell a team ;)

Reactions: EpilepticToast

AddictivePenguin

Pro Karter
Dec 10, 2016
So as usual I can't seem to end a season on a good note xD Once again, just like in DR, my last event is basically a mix of Mad Max and Dirt 4! Setup was by no means perfect and I only got the gears right for Stage 7 and 8 but I knew this was going to be a tough one with the ford.

I had some pretty hilarious moments going through 2 trees at 150km/h or doing a complete barrel roll without losing any speed, and I killed a couple of people at an intersection. But all in all, pretty good :cool::rofl:

Overall the season was great and aside from Michigan I am pleased with my performance and there surely was some great competition. Nothing compared to Dirt Rally, but still awesome (y)

EpilepticToast

2-Time Reigning DiRT League Champion
Dec 11, 2016
Wow now its looking like quite the result for me in the end(y):D Happy with that!!

SereneLogic

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Rocket League Cod
Premium Member
Feb 6, 2017
@igor55 @Hayden_430 @Joseph Baigent @Edwinsimo @xXMARKELiNXx @Faerge @VICENTE ALARCÓN @SavageSnailx69x @BarriKimi @AOR Gizmo @Juisetus @Danglyciano @neonostra @izamusing @Veloce_Primero @Da4thSuspect @TRL Axeman @danjbirch @SubaruWRX522 @mirk @Rcfly3r1 @frankodrose @AddictivePenguin @SCHWANTZ3493 @EpilepticToast @Nat Strode @Jamesatpeellol @MrKaczalski @clively750

First of all I'd like to thank everyone for competing in this league, it was amazing and the competition was fierce. The most consistently fast driver came out on top, that being @mirk , followed by @izamusing and @AddictivePenguin to round off the top 3. The results will be updated later today. :)

I would also like to announce that we'll be back within a few weeks time for Season 3, but there will be some gamebreaking changes that will hopefully make it even more fun. I urge you all to keep an eye on the forums for more news regarding this. ;)

Farewell AOR

F1 Senna Equivalent
Sep 27, 2017
@igor55 @Hayden_430 @Joseph Baigent @Edwinsimo @xXMARKELiNXx @Faerge @VICENTE ALARCÓN @SavageSnailx69x @BarriKimi @AOR Gizmo @Juisetus @Danglyciano @neonostra @izamusing @Veloce_Primero @Da4thSuspect @TRL Axeman @danjbirch @SubaruWRX522 @mirk @Rcfly3r1 @frankodrose @AddictivePenguin @SCHWANTZ3493 @EpilepticToast @Nat Strode @Jamesatpeellol @MrKaczalski @clively750

First of all I'd like to thank everyone for competing in this league, it was amazing and the competition was fierce. The most consistently fast driver came out on top, that being @mirk , followed by @izamusing and @AddictivePenguin to round off the top 3. The results will be updated later today. :)

I would also like to announce that we'll be back within a few weeks time for Season 3, but there will be some gamebreaking changes that will hopefully make it even more fun. I urge you all to keep an eye on the forums for more news regarding this. ;)
Awesome news for season 3 and will be signing up for that. :) Love playing dirt 4 with the community :) :)

igor55

DiRT Coordinator
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Aug 7, 2017

Thanks for organising this :) had a lot of fun and a lot of close battles in the rallies for position.
I will be back for next season and am really curious to the changes you're gonna make

Reactions: Farewell AOR

frankodrose

F1 Champion
Jun 13, 2016

Thanks for organizing this season was fun doing it :D can't wait to come back for season 3 :sneaky:

Maddog40

PC F1 Assist League Runner
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Feb 13, 2017

I've got nothing much more to add to the above post by @SereneLogic except the fact that after 2 seasons I feel the time is right to step down from my role as DiRT 4 co-ordinator. Simply put, behind the scenes @SereneLogic has been running the show while I've been busy with F1 co-ordinating/overseeing and college work away from AOR. Therefore, I feel that the DiRT community deserves 2 co-ords willing and able to push the league forward with a bunch of exciting new features added to Season 3 (as well as fixing some of the wrongs of previous seasons - there shouldn't be 5 full stages of fog this time :vomit:), and that's something I'm simply not able to do. If your interested in the co-ordinator job btw, pass a message onto @SereneLogic , he'll be able to help you out.

That's all, thanks for making the Rally leagues what they are and I look forward to seeing the leagues grow.

Cheers, Maddog :)

Jamesatpeellol

Semi-Pro Karter
Feb 2, 2018
Sorry for missing the last 2 rounds, moving house took up all my time. I'm happy I got the chance to fight for the top 10 in Sweden and Wales however. :)