PC - Mr Git Special event - 26th Jan | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Mr Git Special event - 26th Jan

• All leagues are cancelled until Xmas Day - check out the Announcements section for more details.

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
I've asked for a few reserve spaces, and I think there will be PLENTY of space on the 2nd server on the night!

• Agree
Reactions: -L.X.-

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
UPDATE:
Signups now closed, but if you are still interested, let me know, as there may be some spaces still available.

• Clever

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Need to have 8 AOR drivers for the 1st Lobby, and then the rest should be in the 2nd server.
There may be more spaces in Lobby 1, so we may move ppl around on the night!

If you have any strong preference, please let me know, otherwise I'd like to go with the following:
Lobby 1:
@AndrexUK (I'm really not fussed, and certainly not that fast!)
@Kapo
@Shooter80
@morphee7
@dakuza
@krop
@paleez
@KrypticTMG

Lobby 2:
@dopey401
@Lusti
@TicklishPicklewickle
@Fraiture Hervé
@GeeMax
@Danny Hendriks
@SomeRandomTramp
@Vanders
@Xeonski
@BIGPRENTA
@frankodrose
@Jankes
@OJ Racing
@Alireza d1
@-L.X.-
@TureeruT

-L.X.-

Formula 4 Reserve Driver
Aug 21, 2018
tbh, I have my eyes on Lobby 1 :giggle:
ya know... friends driving in it I want to beat... the usual...

Reactions: KrypticTMG

KrypticTMG

F1 1st Driver
Apr 4, 2015
not in a bad way but i think you should probably stick all the fast guys together in lobby 1 as they are probs going to be racing the other aliens from the other leagues i think it just makes more sense that way tbh.

• Agree
Reactions: Lusti and -L.X.-

morphee7

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
not in a bad way but i think you should probably stick all the fast guys together in lobby 1 as they are probs going to be racing the other aliens from the other leagues i think it just makes more sense that way tbh.
what you trying to say huh? im slow as f*** and i dont deserve to be there?...... A valid point :LOL:

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
I'm sure almost everyone would LIKE to be lobby 1
Speed is ONE consideration! But I want ppl I know and trust on the track to be there!
Drivers that I am confident will not cause any issues / accidents / and finish.
Not to say ppl in the list for Lobby 2 are not these things, but it's mainly based on my own experience.
Essentially, we are representing AOR to other communities / audience.
So it's not all about speed / winning / etc.

If anyone from Lobby 1 would rather not be against the 'Aliens', then feel free to let me know!
I'm fine with moving to Lobby 2 to be honest, I guess we can decide on the day, but would like to get at least a decent plan in place.

• Agree

Shooter80

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure now I wont be able to make the race. Had to trade my wife Sunday so I could run in the PR500 on Saturday. I am at her behest for the Sunday and likely that will involve me being miles away from my rig (probably wandering around in the wilderness somewhere).

I'd say @-L.X.- would be a great replacement for me, others too, but he replied first, so is my initial suggestion.

• Friendly

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
I think it's going to be a case of whoever shows up on the night.
As I'm sure some won't, and perhaps others might that haven't signed up, so I'm sure it will be fine.
But thanks for the heads up!

How much did you get for your wife?
"Had to trade my wife Sunday"

morphee7

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
stick me in the 2nd lobby if someone wants in i dont wana be pottering round at the back, you fast guys are ruthless

• Scared
Reactions: AndrexUK

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Just to give you a heads up on the server settings (added to OP as well):

Server Json setup:

{
"track": "spa_2019",
"eventType": "E_6h",
"preRaceWaitingTimeSeconds": 300,
"postQualySeconds": 120,

"postRaceSeconds": 120,
"sessionOverTimeSeconds": 150,
"ambientTemp": 22,
"cloudLevel": 0.0,
"rain": 0.0,
"weatherRandomness": 0,
"sessions":

[
{
"hourOfDay": 10,
"dayOfWeekend": 1,
"timeMultiplier": 3,
"sessionType": "P",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 30
},

{
"hourOfDay": 13,
"dayOfWeekend": 2,
"sessionType": "Q",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 20
},

{
"hourOfDay": 16,
"dayOfWeekend": 3,
"sessionType": "R",
"sessionDurationMinutes": 90
}
]
}

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Latest update from Mr Git:

===
Hi all!

The day is nearly here, so just tidying up the last few ends for everyone so we all know whats what before the event starts.

Attached is the event.json for any of you to set up a practise server, as you can see i removed any chance of rain, as there is bound to be a wide range of PC specs racing and with 82 cars that alone will punish the fps, so rain would probably push some drivers over the edge into a slideshow.

Broadcasting now....there'll be enough for each community to have a max of three connections per server (total 6). As for the actual broadcast of the race itself, obviously any driver is fine to do so on twitch/yt/fb ect but i would like to be the only twitch broadcast...if everyone doesn't mind of course...YT is 100% fine though as i don't really have a platform there and i know a good number of the communities do, but again please let me know your feelings on this as i want to make sure everyone gets a fair crack of the whip. :)

Guest drivers...i finally had confirmation in the last two days that David Perel (Rinaldi Racing) will be joining us for the experience and also Jimmy Broadbent let me know this morning that he's also going to be racing, with that server one is now at it's limit with drivers (remember all, max of 8 in #1, rest into #2)....this will really give ACC some exposure and i'll be doing 110% my end to make sure it all runs smoothly and goes well! Oh, a small addition too, if for an unforeseen reason that i have to restart any of the servers before race start, i will wait for all drivers to reenter then forward the session straight to the race....this will mean that qualifying positions will be random, but this will only happen as a last resort.

Social media...can all communities supply me with your Twitter details so i can tag you all when i start pushing the event in the next couple of days to whip up some attention, plus i'll be making sure 505 games knows whats going on so you never know something might come of that. :)

There might soon be an email soon containing a signup list for a community rep to fill with your drivers names (rl too - but optional) and what server you'll be racing in, just to have a reference point for commentating/YT vids of the event ect.....but this isnt a compulsory thing to do by all means, i may even scrap it as i think we can all read, well...when sober anyways!

Ok, that should FINALLY be all the info everyone needs to crack on with, if there's anything i've missed please get me on discord/email and let me know.

See you all on track!
===

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Don't think we have a final number, but I would expect closer to the normal 30+, not 80+ like Server 1

• Informative
Reactions: TureeruT

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Not had any other objections, so going with it.
Don't know what colours other teams are running, and I claimed the JPS colours, so yeah.
Go for it!