PC - Mr Git Special event - 26th Jan | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Mr Git Special event - 26th Jan

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
The following was sent yesterday (sorry, I missed it)
So when it say's "Tomorrow", it's tonight (Friday)

===
Hi all, just a couple of things for you.

Spectator passwords are....

Server one spectator password = 1mgicc1 (3x connections per community)

Server one spectator password = 2mgicc2 (3x connections per community)

issue these directly to the relevant people, remembering Twitch race broadcast of server one is handled by myself, any community is free to broadcast server two on Twitch and on YouTube both server one + two are free to broadcast as well as all drivers being ok to stream from their perspective.

Tomorrow, i'm going to have a test event to ensure everything is set and running ok, it'll be a 20/20/20 fp/q/r event using the json for Sunday, all drivers for Sunday can join.
This would be a good thing for as many of you to jump in to test your PC and how it handles the larger grids to tweak and adjust before Sundays race....server opens @ 8:30pm GMT, look for "MrGit icc test" and pw = everest.

As you no doubt have seen the event is out in the wild and getting a lot of interest, so it should be really popular for everyone, Kunos will be watching and spoke to Bram @ RD and he's got a eye on it too, so lets make a good show of it!

I doubt there'll be any changes or updates, but keep a eye out on your inboxes incase.

Hope to see as many of you tomorrow evening.
===

morphee7

Assetto Corsa Coordinator
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
@AndrexUK i have to drop out tonight through injury, i had major cramp in my calf in the early hours and has done damage so i cant use my brake pedal without pain

• Sad
Reactions: AndrexUK

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Latest info from Mr Git:

===
Hi all...me again!

After yesterday's test just updating the race start procedure.

It'll be a FULL manual lap start, observe the double file and single file messages given by the server!!! Pole position will lap no faster than 120kmh on the warm up lap and will reduce his/her speed to no greater than 80kmh after the bus stop and make sure you are aware of your grid qualifying position.

After exiting La source, pole position will observe the start enabled message and will only apply full throttle once the "go go go" message has been shown.....PLEASE can all driver note their position regarding the left or right of the grid and relevant to the cars immediately infront and behind, i believe odd numbers line up on the right, evens on the left of the grid at Spa.

This bit was blatantly ripped from AOR's rule set....(cheers guys ^^)

"If a driver has an issue at the start, they are to indicate this as clearly as possible to those around them, either by alerting others in Discord Chat or by rapidly flashing headlights.
  • If the driver is able to move and then fix the problem, they are to do so by slowly pulling over to the side of the track closest to them to rectify the issue. If the driver with an issue cannot move, they are to remain stationary and rapidly flash their headlights.
    • Once the issue is resolved, they are allowed to pull away and re-form at the back of the pack in last position.
    • If the issue is resolved whilst cars are still driving past them on the grid, they are to wait and remain stationary until all drivers have passed them, and re-form at the back of the pack in last position.
  • If a driver is to sustain heavy damage at the start due to unique circumstances and through no fault of their own, the driver can go ahead of the pack once everyone is moving to enter the pits and repair any significant damage if they wish to do so. Once they leave the pits, they are to park immediately at the pit exit in a safe place and wait for the race start.
    • Please communicate if you have issues as early as possible and at the start of the formation lap process, as you will only be allowed to go ahead of the pack if the situation is obvious and the party leader approves for you to do so.
    • If the pack is moving when approval is given, all drivers are to stick to the right hand side of the circuit, no matter what track it is to allow the affected drivers through ahead of the pack.
    • For example, if you are in P4 and spin on the formation lap, you must form up at the back of the grid."

In the event of the server issues at the start (incorrect start sequence, no "go go go" message ect), a full server restart will be needed. In this case i will await for all drivers to re-enter the server then forward the session straight towards the race start.....i know this would mean that qualifying positions will be voided, but this would only be a last resort situation that i don't anticipate happening.

Driver names....if all entrants can have their community "tag" under the surname section of the driver details, so under "surname" place your tag 1st then a space then your usual surname, this will then have the lumirank flash your position AND the community tag of the driver making them even easier to recognise while spectating.

End of race interviews...

If all drivers could join my discord (optional, but it'd be handy for future planned events too ;)) i can drag people in for end of race interviews, chats and things... link - Mrgit discord....make sure to drop a message in #roll-request please.

Ah yes, just been reminded about server #2...once everyone is in and i know exact numbers there and as im guessing there'll be space for more, i'll let everyone know how many spots are available and you can announce it /w server #2s password to your communities and it'll be 1st come 1st serve incase you have others who want to join in, so you best forwarn anyone who may be interested....this'll obviously be very last minute but i'll get the info to you asap. ^^

No doubt i'll bloody forget something again, but if not just let me say a massive thank you to everyone taking part tomorrow and i'll be doing my personal best to ensure it's a great event for everyone...above all, just enjoy yourselves. :)

===

Reactions: TureeruT

jasonabsmeier

Pro Karter
Mar 26, 2019
Hey @AndrexUK....bit late to the party, but if there is any chance to add me to the reserve list for a possible race start then please count me in. Thanks

Shooter80

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2017
MrGit has requested a picture of the AOR livery to post in a tweet thing. For now I've given them the picture @AndrexUK posted but, its at reasonably low detail levels. If anyone has made one with the correct colour scheme and would like to offer a high graphical quality screenshot for the tweet, please post it here.

Reactions: AndrexUK

OJ Racing

Formula Karter
May 30, 2019
I am having screen issues so won’t be able to race tonight unfortunately.

Hope one of the reserves take my spot.

Smolda

AOR PC Endurance League S4 GTE Champion
Oct 23, 2017
I'd also join the 2nd server, if possible. Will we use AOR or MR Git's discord?

krop

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Jul 25, 2018
I'd like to relieve myself of my spot for server 1, won't be able to show up after all.

Xeonski

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 16, 2018
Sorry to be part of the train of missing people but i won't be able to race tonight

Artur "Jankes" Sobota

Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 14, 2019
@Ulti will take my place in tonights race. I dont feel like driving tonight, unfortunately too sick to drive. Nevertheless, have fun!

Last edited: