PC - Mr Git Special event - 26th Jan | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC Mr Git Special event - 26th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrexUK

3 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
May 6, 2015
Might be space in Lobby 2, but so many ppl turning up at the last min is just pathetic tbh, and can't really be too arsed to try too hard to sort things.
Only just managed to get on myself, so trying to babysit another 8 ppl asking is not gonna happen...

AndrexUK

May 6, 2015
Update!
Lobby 2 has 30 spaces, so anyone free, can join!
Server two = ccigm2

Vanders

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 7, 2018
Well, that was about as much fun as a brain aneurysm, and lasted about as long. Ultra punting was enabled. :cautious:

Reactions: dopey401

morphee7

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2018
i was watching jimmers stream and that first start looked a right mess

Ulti

Formula 4 2nd Driver
May 5, 2016
I noticed carnage already in qualifying on server 2. People legit not even knowing braking spots and like 10+ people crashing out in the first laps. I guess some communities just dont have the driving standards of AOR :p

Smolda

AOR PC Endurance League S4 GTE Champion
Oct 23, 2017
I hate you guys!
Just sayin!
You know you don't :p

Anyway, I managed to join server #2, but it wasn't a good race at all :-D Qualified somwhere in the slower half of the field, survived first lap, avoided several crashes and then got crashed into in turn 1 second lap. I got turned around, crashed by other people who didn't have a chance to avoid me and ended up with severe damage. I tried to make my way back to the pits, when I realized, I can just hit "return to garage" (still getting used to this game). By the time I got out, I was 1 lap down in traffic that was slower than me.... didn't want to spend sunday evening jumping out of way for blue flags, so I left.
Really looking forward to race with you AOR guys after this disaster :)

• Sad
Reactions: AndrexUK

MKS-Graphics

Semi-Pro Karter
Jan 20, 2020
I'm kinda happy I didn't get a spot, didn't really make for good racing. Crashing in the pitlane and during the single-file lap...

AndrexUK

May 6, 2015
Ok, there was certainly some carange, but we have to look at this a little more objectively.
There were about 10 different communities that took part in this event, If you expected more than 33% to have similar racing ethics to AOR, then you were always going to be disapointed.
There was always going to be a massive spread in speed / ability / awareness / understanding of rules / respect / etc.
But this was always just supposed to be a 'FUN' event.
No prizes - just a large group of racers having fun on a Sunday night together!

If you were having issues with fellow AOR drivers, then that's a different matter, as we should always be driving with the maximum respect for all others. But 85% of that field (on server 1 at least), were NOT AOR drivers.
(That said, there was some equally questionable driving at the AOR only Paul Ricard event the night before!!! So even within AOR, it's not all perfect!)

Again, if you expected t join a grid of 80 drivers, and not have some very questionable driving standards within there, then you might need to step out of our nice AOR bubble, and start driving on some public servers again to become 'acclimatized' to what you may come across in this sort of event.

Me? Yes, I had to fight past a couple of blue flag drivers, that made a good effort at trying to kill me after I passed them. But I was expecting it, so allowed more space.
I quallied 42 (after being 55 in the first Qually session), and just stayed out of trouble.
I don't think I overtook more than 1 person on pace alone, and that person could well have had damage... the rest surely did!
Other drivers picking up drive throughs / repair's / crashes / etc, and I just kept my nose clean (well, cleanish, I was suffering from the Chinese death Flu... so rather snotty in reality!)
And I finished 15th!
42 > 15 just by expecting every car near me to be driven by a clown with a side motive to kill me!
I let faster ppl through, cause I didn't trust them behind me, only to regain the position within a couple of laps with them being off-track for whatever reason.

Mr Git WILL be reviewing the race, and the driving standards, so he can raise issues with any drivers. so if you have a particular event, please provide which server / time / description of the incident here, and I can pass this on to him.

So yes, the race did have it's issues, but I doubt I'll ever be able to say "I beat Jimmy Broadbent + David Perel + Chris Haye + Mike Nobel!"
Maybe avoid everyone else like the plague, and you can say the same next time?

• Friendly

Vanders

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 7, 2018
All fair points. I didn't expect it to be clean at all so there's always a little bit of luck involved and certainly no blame to be apportioned to MrGit, it's great of him to run such an event. I feel like the nature of the event with all the communities together probably contributed to some of the overexuberant racing. People out to impress and so on.

VoodooChild

ACC Coordinator
Staff member
ACC Coordinator
Mar 27, 2018
80 cars on track was a trainwreck bound to happen.
I blame the format more than the driving standards.

Vanders

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 7, 2018
For reference, the 2019 Spa 24 had 51 entries, so anything over that is an awful lot. Anyhoo, I'm not losing any sleep over it. I thought the Paul Ricard enduro was great.

Tex Wheeler

Formula 4 1st Driver
Feb 13, 2018
The race was worse than the first ever 82-car big grid event, which in itself was worse than most big grid events. I think having a lot of popular drivers, streamers etc. in the race probably attracted less experienced&prepared drivers to the race. On the flip side, next event should be better. I hope there will be another, more succesful one in the future. And me driving that time under AOR banner :D (If free)

Status
Not open for further replies.