My journey through Smash | ApexOnlineRacing.com

My journey through Smash

Cpt.JJ

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Hi Guys,

As mentioned earlier this month I will be keeping you updated with my progress in Smash Bros this topic will be used for said purpose.

I am already bracket performance in the Midlands while improving in London.

This weekend sees me travel to Insomina57 and to where it all began, but something tells me due to advertising that I may not be able to post the stream link here... @FisiFan91 could you elaborate please?

I'm settling it in Smash!

FisiFan91

AOR Founder
Staff member
AOR Admin
Jan 12, 2014
This weekend sees me travel to Insomina57 and to where it all began, but something tells me due to advertising that I may not be able to post the stream link here... @FisiFan91 could you elaborate please?
As long as it's a legal stream then that's not a problem mate - it's not like there's a conflict of interest between AOR and that festival :)

Looking forward to hearing/seeing how you get on!

• Agree
Reactions: Dan Hawkins

Dan Hawkins

AOR Founder & Director
Staff member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
No stream anyway so not to worry on that front, runner up today with two more days to go.
Feel free to tell me to mind my own business... Bu I have a question or two...

Are you getting revenue from the game/competition? Is it decent?

Cpt.JJ

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
It's dependant on where I place but it's not something I can make a living out of, I have a day job aswell. Runner up again today my winnings so far are £150 for 2 days

Reactions: Dan Hawkins

Cpt.JJ

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Haven't updated this for a bit of time so sorry about that:

Was in London in March but a bad pool meant I didn't get into the bracket.

Was at Insomnia I57 in Birmingham the following weekend managing 3 runner up placings, this was on the day sign ups so was different from usual and a Bi weekly at my local scene would of resulted in a top 3 but the venue shut early.

Last weekend was in West Brom managing tied 9th out of 48 competitors and one of the better players from the midlands region as I got beaten by people from the London area but it's been my best main stream tournament result so far so strong progress is being made.

My next tournament is next Saturday and Sunday in Nottingham and Birmingham, then have a qualifying tournament the day after that.

Also pre-order Assetto Corsa but will be playing it mainly to shakedown after each event.

Cpt.JJ

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
Sorry for the lack of updates, I am now top 10 in the power rankings in the Midlands and have been placing in the top 3 in the majority of the bi-weeklies I have been doing but things haven't fallen into my hands in the bigger competitions.

My next events are London on the 30th and a major in Birmingham the weekend after that.

Progress has been made which is encouraging!

Cpt.JJ

GP2 2nd Driver
Jan 13, 2014
2 years to up date myself I am awful my bad.

Last year was a mixture of emotions as I started off very unwell with Laryngitis which shut my body down for a week and was lingering until the end of March then making Pro bracket in the most stacked UK monthly called DBZ (DatBlastZone) twice in March and September while being 1 game away on 2 other occasions which were February and December (The most stacked until the very next edition). Was part of a revitalisation of my region after it went down the drain in 2016 and majorly in the Autumn of 2017 but we're now back on the right track and my role in that has been as a player and adviser.

Also went out to Holland in September for a European tournament which was enjoyable and even faced the country's No. 5 even though I lost but was a respectable one.

Ended the year 11th in region after my illness troubles but was regarded as top 6 due to no PR being released.

This year started off strongly but then confidence and mental issues in game and at home meant my results suffered until May on a national level but it has just in general been a strange year in the game that is winding down before we change consoles and generations for the new release in December.

Potentially going to end my time on Smash 4 Wii U as Midlands No 4/5 and being regarded as on of top 50 in the country, while my main highlights are weekly regional wins and managing 25th out of 117 at the most stacked UK level tournament and 5th out of 30 in a welsh tournament in May.

My main has been Captain Falcon and will continue to be on the next game

A couple of side notes that I became an uncle on New Years eve last year to a baby girl and while you might have seen me on either F1 2017 or 2018 this is for fun only and I unfortunately have no plans to come back as I don't have the time to commit to a league at this point.

Will post another update in December time. (Not to self update this topic more often!:rolleyes:)