Not open for further replies.

british_bulldog

Formula Karter
Jul 17, 2019
Platform + League: PC + NA3
League Coordinator: @Lundqvistbro
Date: October 13, 2019
Members Involved: @british_bulldog @Lundqvistbro @Kane Jr @codeGreene
Description: It appears the Red Bull driver attempted to win the race on the first turn of the first lap, but instead completely ruined my race. I had started the Race on Mediums, so wing damage had a significant impact on my race pace on a long first stint.

Evidence:

Kane Jr

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2017
I got a little better jump than you did and attempted to pass you on the outside of turn one. I left plenty of space in turn one. At the 12 second mark in your video you can see my car get wobbly as if someone hit me from behind causing me to lose control and run off the racing surface. I did not intentionally run off the track limits. I then attempted to immediately regain control my of my car from a potential slide, but was unable to do so until after the collision with @british_bulldog I did not him intentionally or rejoin the circuit in an unsafe manor intentionally. I was just trying to regain control of my car and catch it from sliding.

In my POV the incident unfolds at 23:17. At 23:20 is when I felt contact causing me to go off circuit. Since I have my steering wheel animation disabled from cockpit cam it is difficult to see me turn left at the right handed turn one as I was trying catch the car from spinning out after feeling contact from behind. I then made contact with @british_bulldog shortly after. From running off circuit to the collision I had very little control of my car.

I do apologize on my behalf for the collision ruining your race, but it was not intentional. I'll accept the consequences if the stewards feel I was at fault.

Lundqvistbro

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Jun 14, 2018
Sorry for the collision @Lundqvistbro. I had no idea I made contact with you.
It's alright it happens, ultiamtely everyone tries to get the best start they can and stuff like this happens. Only time will tell if our "incident" is looked at in the midst of this investigation.

Head Steward

Head Steward
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
PCARS Coordinator
AC Coordinator
Jan 25, 2014
The stewards have decided that @Kane Jr was at fault for the incident and is given a 10 second time penalty and 10 penalty points for causing a moderate avoidable collision.
By going back onto the track in an unsafe way, the Red Bull caused the Toro Rosso to spin and have a damaged front wing. The Red Bull should have stayed on the escape road on the left hand side (inside turn 2) and rejoin the track in a safe way after turn 2.

Closed.
@british_bulldog @Lundqvistbro @Kane Jr @codeGreene

Status
Not open for further replies.