New, might be interested in competing | ApexOnlineRacing.com

New, might be interested in competing

WastedMickey

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 12, 2017
Hey guys, new here, really enjoying FM7 on PC. Despite its shortcomings, I havent enjoyed a racing game as much since FM3.

I think it would be awesome to compete, I wouldn't consider myself good, but I learn fast and a competitive environment would accelerate my learning. Im not sure, should I sign up for the Spec league? Should I have any kind of goals before considering competition in order to make sure Im good enough? What kinds of things should a newbie keep in mind before signing up for a racing league? And also, maybe this would be a good place to share some of your experiences and stories about your first league :)

Martijn2702

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 31, 2016
Hey guys, new here, really enjoying FM7 on PC. Despite its shortcomings, I havent enjoyed a racing game as much since FM3.

I think it would be awesome to compete, I wouldn't consider myself good, but I learn fast and a competitive environment would accelerate my learning. Im not sure, should I sign up for the Spec league? Should I have any kind of goals before considering competition in order to make sure Im good enough? What kinds of things should a newbie keep in mind before signing up for a racing league? And also, maybe this would be a good place to share some of your experiences and stories about your first league :)
You don't need to have a certain pace to take part in leagues over here. We've really fast people, and some people who are quite a bit of the pace. Generally speaking you're going to have to be within 2 seconds of the pole time to have a fun race, with a lot of competition. If you're slower, don't hesitate to sign up. Keep practicing and racing and you'll get there in no-time. And of course there will still be a couple of guys to battle.

The only things you'll have to be able to do, are racing without TCS and racing cleanly. If you can do both you're good to go.:D

WastedMickey

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 12, 2017
awesome, thanks. i just posted 2:03:270 on mugello autodromo full circuit with the #3 Corvette C.7 during a couple laps. no brake line, all assists off except ABS. I have no idea if thats good, im sure i could shave a couple seconds off if I practice it a bit. is there anywhere where some of the regulars might have posted their lap times in any spec cars on a track that i can use to benchmark myself?

I think I would have fun as long as im not consistantly dead last by several seconds, even if i can push and compete for second to last haha xD

also, do you guys usually race in the cockpit view? or is that personal preference mostly

Martijn2702

Formula 4 1st Driver
May 31, 2016
awesome, thanks. i just posted 2:03:270 on mugello autodromo full circuit with the #3 Corvette C.7 during a couple laps. no brake line, all assists off except ABS. I have no idea if thats good, im sure i could shave a couple seconds off if I practice it a bit. is there anywhere where some of the regulars might have posted their lap times in any spec cars on a track that i can use to benchmark myself?

I think I would have fun as long as im not consistantly dead last by several seconds, even if i can push and compete for second to last haha xD

also, do you guys usually race in the cockpit view? or is that personal preference mostly
Most of the time people post their lap times in the race threats, so for Mugello you go here:
https://apexonlineracing.com/commun...e-season-1-round-1-mugello-21-oct-2017.25688/

Haven't done any lap myself, so also no idea what a 2:03 means.:D But will be putting in some laps tomorrow. If you just post your time in that thread, and ask what times other are doing surely you'll get a response. (SavageSnail is quite active on the forums, and if you're near his times you'll be fine).

Since the league is being set up at the moment, the forums aren't really that active yet. That will probably improve once the league gets going.

WastedMickey

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 12, 2017
Alright awesome, ill run some more laps tonoght and post my time. I just fpund out though that my time might not have been stock though since i forgot to change it to force stock in the settings.

Thanks for the help!