PS4 - New Setup | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 New Setup

washy03

S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
Just thought I'd share a few pics of the upgrades I've done to my existing setup.

Today I added the adjustable slider for the playseat, being 6"5 it wasn't very comfortable but now it's much better!

Also added the full size replica Ferrari F1 wheel which is totally amazing in every way!

Finally is use of a second screen mounted to the wheel base. I've started using manual gears and it's massively helpful.

Hopefully will help me become a little bit quicker...
all the gear and no idea springs to mind haha

Flushie

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 10, 2016
Will post my setup asap also .

Btw anyone else having problems with recording?
On my ps4 with the share button I can make screenshot but no video anymore!
Didn't change any settings and my HDD has space left so.. it worked the first few races.

washy03

S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
Do you have the f1 steering wheel? Mine started messing up once I got that. I have to use the controller to do the recording

Flushie

Premium Member
Premium Member
Sep 10, 2016
Oh that's a good one! Maybe it's a problem since I connected my T150 wheel!
Will check later.. thnx @washy03
[DOUBLEPOST=1485185260][/DOUBLEPOST]Are u using the Hudone app on your second screen/mobile? Works pretty good.
And what kind of wheel and base do you have?

Reactions: washy03

washy03

S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
I couldn't get the hudone working.
I'm using rs dash. It was really easy to setup and has a better looking display imo.
It's good when learning manual. (y)

Reactions: Flushie

Adibales

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 18, 2016
Superb set up fair play to ya @washy03.whats the display(no')called?ill look into one of them for def.

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016
@washy03

i am sure you are eager as hell to tell me how you amanged to add a second screen :) I have downloaded an App recently aswell and your constuction seems to be pretty good as it doesn't sit on the wheel.

washy03

S14 AOR PS4 F8 Champion
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Oct 2, 2016
Thanks for the kind comments you guys. @Adibales @alexukr

The screen is my Iphone 6plus and the app is available on the app store, called RS Dash.

Its pretty simple to setup.

Open the app, your IP address will be shown on the app.

In F1 go to game options, then settings.

Click UDP settings, toggle UDP telemetry settings ON. Leave the broadcast one underneath set to off.

Click set IP address and input the IP address shown on the app on your phone/ipad.

Set the Target Port as 20777.

That is it done. Nothing will happen until you get into a session and are sat in your car.

You can tap and swipe the screen to show what information you want showing.

To mount it, i obviously didn't want anything permanent for either my wheel or phone.

I used a 15cm metal rule and double sided tape. I stuck the bottom of the rule to the base of the wheel and had a little bit of the tape at the top of the rule and a little bit on the bottom of my phone where it touches the wheel base. Its strong enough to never have fallen or moved when racing and easy to take off with no effect on my phone. I left the double sided tape in place at the top of the rule and on the base where the phone touched and the phone stuck well enough for weeks and weeks afterwards.

@rickwales nice to see another RC guy! I was sponsored by Team Losi Racing for 2016 but sold up a few months ago. Il get back into it one day hopefully but i'm spending far too much on my road car (600bhp evo 6) to afford to travel the country anymore. :unsure: loving the setup!

RBOS_00

F1 Senna Equivalent
May 28, 2016
Sounds cool, I might try it if there's an Android alternative for the app :D

Adibales

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 18, 2016
Sound @washy03 cheers for that info.i brought it a few hours b4 ur message and did struggle setting it up tbf as the you tube vids must be for Germans only lol decent app tho hey?will put my set up in the thread this week.