PS4 - Oceania F1 - Australia, Lap 1 - Spun by DYNAMITE_296 | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PS4 Oceania F1 - Australia, Lap 1 - Spun by DYNAMITE_296

• Please note - this forum is strictly for those involved in incidents. Do NOT comment on any enquiries you are not involved in. Those who ignore this notice will receive a warning on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plevs

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 8, 2018
Platform + League: PS4 Oceania F1
League Coordinator: @iContrast
Date: 14 April 2019
Members Involved: @Plevs @DYNAMITE_296
Description: I started 3rd on the grid and DYNAMITE_296 started 4th, we got through the first 2 turns cleanly and I held the inside line (right of the track) on the short straight down to turn 3 with DYNAMITE_296 very close behind. As he was so close I had to ensure there was no space on the inside for him to try to make a pass, leaving the whole of the left open. I believe in this incident that DYNAMITE_296 is at fault for spinning me as he was dangerously close to the back of my car. By the time he went to pull out from behind me to the left of the track this front wing clipped the back of my car as he turned which sent me into a spin into the barrier on the right which basically ruined my race.
I spoke to him after the race and he believes that no contact was made and blamed de-sync which I find difficult to believe as it's evident on the AOR stream and on my stream that he was much too close to the back of my car. As he is the car behind it's his responsibility to ensure that he doesn't make contact with the me in this situation, which I believe he failed to do by being so close. This is eveident on my stream when I looked behind 2 or 3 times on the way down to turn 3.

Evidence:

My POV. Incident is at 22:30:

AOR Stream where you can clearly see me being spun at 22:10:

DYNAMITE_296

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 23, 2016
First of all, I wanna say that i understand where @Plevs is coming from and his frustration at this incident, as I have been on the receiving end of incidents like this, and for that I am sorry.

But from my POV, me and Plevs both get decent start, but his run is compromised through T1 and his exit is slow. Me, having been cautious into T1, had an almighty run on Plevs. This is when I see a cars width gap forming on the inside, which I move to right to use. Plevs covers me off as any normal racing driver would, and I proceed to move to the outside. There was no contact registration through my racing wheel (Running 130% FF), and watching the stream, although I am close to Plevs, I was not close enough to initiate car to car contact with my wing. Me and many other drivers in the league all believe this is a desync issue, and considering this is lap 1, it would be harsh to penalise me for what I consider a racing incident.

Evidence:

Plevs

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 8, 2018
@DYNAMITE_296 thanks for providing your point of view and evidence, however this does not change my view of the incident - it only strengthens it.

Considering my race was ruined by the incident, I strongly disagree that it can be considered a "racing incident" and also that a penalty for causing the incident would be "harsh" considering your race was not affected by it all. However, I don't want to turn this into a back and forth argument with you as I'm fully aware about how you feel about it and I have to agree to disagree and let the stewards handle it, so please respect that.

To the stewards regarding the statement and new evidence from DYNAMITE_296:

I fundamentally disagree with his exaggerated statements that he "had an almighty run" on me as while he may have had the slightly better exit he was catching me because of the slipstream, and also that there was a car widths gap forming on the inside. DYNAMITE_296 said himself I covered him off on the inside and at no point did I leave more than half a car (at best) as his POV clearly shows. He should not have been so naive to think I would at any point leave space on the inside considering how close he was behind, and if he really did have "an almighty run" on me as he claims, then why didn't he move to the left of the track earlier to try and make the pass cleanly.

While it's split second stuff, DYNAMITE_296 made 2 errors that caused the incident:

1. While catching me in the slipstream, as the steering wheel in the below image shows, DYNAMITE_296 went for the tiny gap on the inside of the track that clearly wasn't big enough for a pass.

2. Unfortunately DYNAMITE_296 was extremely close by the time he realised that there was not going to be space on the inside. It's at this point in the image below that he violently veered to the left side of the track from a dangerous position that was far too close to the back of my car for such a move, causing the subtle contact that caused me too spin.

While the contact may have been so minor that DYNAMITE_296 didn't even feel it, it's certainly noticeable on my POV and at high speed it was clearly sufficient enough to cause me to spin. The game also gives DYNAMITE_296 a Warning for the contact a few seconds after, confirming that his game actually did register the contact as seen in the image below:

While I sympathise with @DYNAMITE_296 as it was the most minor of collisions and he obviously meant no intent, his unwillingness to take any blame for the incident is hard to understand given the evidence. It's clear from the evidence that he was dangerously close to the back of my car and being so close made the wrong decision to veer so quickly to the left. I believe this is quite reckless on his behalf as there was always going to be a chance of a collision when he moved so quickly from so close behind, and so it proved by putting me in the wall.

Regradless of other people's opinion, I believe that the dangerous driving from DYNAMITE_296 was the cause of the incident and not any desync (the game confirmed there was contact with the warning). Besides this everyone knows that desync can play a part in incidents especially when cars get so close that there is only slight contact, and drivers should show the necessary caution to not get so close where desync might play a part. Although I don't think desync was the cause here, I firmly believe that desync should NOT be used as an excuse for causing a collision when it was so easily avoidable by not getting so close in this instance or in any other avoidable collision.

DYNAMITE_296

Semi-Pro Karter
Dec 23, 2016
Seeming Plevs felt a need to respond and not just leave it to the stewards, I think a second response is needed from me.

Firstly, I did have an almighty run on you, as you ran wide at T1 and got onto the grass. hence my intense gain on you. You can see just after T1 how I nearly get around the outside of you in T2.

Secondly, you say split second errors, hence mean unavoidable in the time frame of the incident. There was a cars width gap, which can be seen at 0.22-0.23 in my POV, and when I went to move to it, you proceed to close it off a fraction after. Regardless of what I think your going to do, I can only react to what is happening on the screen in front of me. I saw a gap, I went for it. Hence, once I realised you were closing the gap, the combination of you moving across the front of my car to defend, coupled with my move to the outside to avoid rear ending you into the braking zone, has caused your car to spin with 0 contact. This can be seen in my Teammates POV, which I have provided.

Finally, desync still registers in game as collisions, even though car to car contact may have not occurred, so the warning doesn't necessarily mean that contact was made. This can be seen in many videos across AOR. If the stewards would like evidence of this, id be happy to provide a few examples.

Overall, I once again state that in my personal opinion, this is a Lap 1 racing incident.

The fact that you regard this as dangerous driving and not just a simple racing incident baffles me. Getting close and personal is a part of racing, and while Im sorry for how this ruined your race, this is a lap 1 incident that was unfortunate. Now i suggest you take your own advice and leave the rest to the stewards, we both have presented our arguments, now it time for them to decide.

Evidence: 3:49

Ive also supplied a slowed down version of my POV at the incident, I've had to submit it via gif and poor quality due to not being at home atm, but its clear to see the cars width gap and Plevs change of direction to cover it. This also show how there was no car to car contact as my wing is not close enough to his car. This is 0.22-0.25 in my POV slowed to 1/3 speed roughly.

@Head Steward or @iContrast, I PLS ask that this thread be locked/temporarily closed until the stewards have reached a verdict, as to prevent a back and forth between me and plevs

Plevs

Semi-Pro Karter
Oct 8, 2018
@DYNAMITE_296 you didn't need to reply in the first place considering it was me reporting you for the incident to the stewards, but yes I felt the need to respond to your ridiculous claim that there was "a car width gap" on the inside which there clearly isn't in any of the evidence, or to simply put it down to a "lap 1 incident".
You certainly didn't need to reply a second time after I said we obviously disagree and to leave it to the stewards. You haven't added anything constructive or new to the thread and have tried to make it personal with your condescending tone and comments. As I said, I don't want to argue with you, I'm more than happy to leave it to the stewards

BosslyGaming

Moderator & XB1 F1 League Overseer
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Mar 24, 2017
@DYNAMITE_296 you didn't need to reply in the first place considering it was me reporting you for the incident to the stewards, but yes I felt the need to respond to your ridiculous claim that there was "a car width gap" on the inside which there clearly isn't in any of the evidence, or to simply put it down to a "lap 1 incident".
You certainly didn't need to reply a second time after I said we obviously disagree and to leave it to the stewards. You haven't added anything constructive or new to the thread and have tried to make it personal with your condescending tone and comments. As I said, I don't want to argue with you, I'm more than happy to leave it to the stewards
May be misunderstanding the message, but Dynamite is fully entitled to defend himself in a stewards enquiry. Let's close out the silly bickering and let the stewards deal with the matter. Nothing more should be needed from either side.

@iContrast move it up when possible please. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.