Off Season endurance race(s)

How long a race would you like?

• Total voters

AndrexUK

2 times PC Project Cars 2 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
With the season over, I was considering perhaps running a (couple?) of slightly longer races during the break. (for the Elite / Pro league drivers)
Maybe a LeMans 2 hour / 2.4hour event? GT3/4 (maybe with LMPs as well?).

Perhaps alternating each week between a 1 hour event, then a 2 hour event the following week?

Let me know if any of you guys are interested.
Hoping there is enough interest to make this happen to some level, even if I have to open it beyond the Elite / Pro drivers.

Poll added to gauge preference of race distance

Andy

Reactions: guirilia and AJ

Gxbbs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Jan 14, 2014
This would be a good idea to give people the chance to have an experience of racing the other cars in league conditions because multiplayer with random people is just pathetic they all just want to play bumper cars

SonOfMaw

Retired Grandmaster of Spreadsheets
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2014
Running a LMP sounds interesting - I need a break from the GT cars.

Browneskiii

Slowest GT3 Champion Ever
Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
I'll be up for this, I'm nothing in the LMP cars compared to GT cars so if there's enough people I'll probably just stick with the trusted Z4 ;)

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Depending on the number of drivers will dictate what classes we have (I don't want just 2/3 drivers in each class)
If we have a good amount if ppl join, then I would like LMP1s and GT3s mixed in.

This would be a good idea to give people the chance to have an experience of racing the other cars in league conditions because multiplayer with random people is just pathetic they all just want to play bumper cars
This is a result of hosting many LeMans public sessions that end up with 2 / 3 drivers out of 15+ finish a 5 lap race.
I want drivers that have an element of driving capability... Public hosting does not provide this.
I don't mind slow drivers, I don't mind crashes, but wreckers are not welcome (and keeping it to at least AOR should limit this)
I am also aiming to keep it to the (now seasoned!) GT3 drivers leagues, as they have proven they are capable of running more than 10 laps. - but if this doesn't provide a decent amount of interest, I'll open it to all AOR.

We can alter the format of the race (cars / length / assists / etc) when we have an idea of how many are interested.
(Apart from @browneskii ! he's limited to a GT4 Ginetta!!! with weight penalty!)

Andy

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Ppl can take this as seriously as they like! hours of practice before / turn up on the day and drive while chatting on TS!

Andy

Mazy CZ

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jan 14, 2014
I will be up for it. :)
And for full on race so 2.4h, changable weather and day/night cycle :)

Taner

Pro Karter
Jun 16, 2015
That is a good idea and actually a MC ( multiclass ) serie properly might be held with a race month. Honestly I dont name one hour race as endurance, even 1,5 hours. But I am aware of even one hour race would much for a simracer at the beginning. Even sometimes expert endurance simracers can loose their focusing driving in pace. So, any MC endurance is a good idea and presents opportunities for tactics/strategy.
I am in.

AndrexUK

Staff member
AC Coordinator
May 6, 2015
Once we get an idea of the level of interest, we can decide which day(s) we can run this, then decide which cars ppl want to drive and the format (race length / day>night / etc).
While I wasn't expected to be spammed with interest, (and it has only been 2 days) I'm considering openning this up to all of AOR. Keeping it to AOR only, should keep the wreckers out, and increase the number of drivers! (always good!). It also invites other league type drivers join in, which may be interested.
Anyone object?

Andy

Reactions: Taner