Official AOR Indycar League Interest Thread | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Official AOR Indycar League Interest Thread

What Day Would You Like To See The Indycar League Be Set Up On.

• Tuesday

Votes: 22 38.6%
  • Friday

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • Saturdays

Votes: 9 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Doc

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Sep 8, 2017
Hello all,

We would like to announce that we are currently getting set up with the first Project Cars 2 Indycar league-leading off from Pcars 1's Season 2.

This thread is so we can get some feedback on what you guys want to see (Tracks, Length of race, Damage settings etc.)

We are aiming to have signups start by the end of March. Any and all comments are great and are welcome.
We do have, in the workings, a pace/safety car that will act under the same rules as the official safety car in the Indycar Series.

This is also so we can get an idea of the number of drivers and what they want in this league.

We are looking at around 9-10 Week season containing all of the Ovals and others... "Don't want to spoil the surprise yet ;) "

Anyway thank you for your interest, all responses are greatly appreciated and we will be getting pre-season tests set up here soon.

Doc

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Sep 8, 2017
Tagging Drivers Who may be interested:

@LiboCZ - CRC LiboCZ
@Sondrehs - Kayway
@Olemanhaggis - Olemanhaggis
@borates - borates
@MRPedro180 - mrpedro180
@jaycoool - jaycoool
@santsuke99 - santsuke99
@Adalexis - Oscaro adalexis
@Midweekcoma - midweekcoma
@Doc - doc
@Niclas Domino - niclas domino
@Tudesertpac - tudesertpac
@Shooter80 - shooter80
@Nutella - yummy nutella
@dr_green - dr_green
@PhantomHamster - phantomhamster
@RacingBite [GER] - racingbite [ger]
@Smolda - smolda
@fireflaai - fireflaai
@SteveA - fischer242
@Lusti
@fab.ICEMAN
@mtZ
@S4Howie
@Maverick158
@areqq
@WhiteGhost2000
@Noztra
@VSR Iceberg
@DaWu
@AndrexUK
@N1kmido
@DaWu
@Raigore
@DANGEROUS GIANETTA
@Doc
@S4Howie
@rillo7105
@Marvin
@wookie2002
@WMDRMartin
@Col.McCoy
@mikkisbee
@Smolda
@Clank24401
@DerChris
@TheIceberg
@LiboCZ
@Painfulstorm
@Corne
@rciq
@King-kodiak
@chabas
@tomakovv
@Hetharion
@Murphy

• Happy
Reactions: strDAN44

Jul!en

F1 Senna Equivalent
Jul 15, 2017
I think all available IndyCar tracks on the game should be driven at, and the distance 50% of the real life events.
I'd like to join as long as it's not on Saturdays as i'm in another league.

DaWu

AOR PC GT3 Semi-Pro S8 Champion
May 22, 2017
pacecar? so using a real driver as pacecar what is waiting in the pits ?

I would like the races around 1 1/2h more realistic and may force a pit or tire strategy.
A mix of Oval and normal races would be nice maybe 1-2 oval specials with 3h race (exhausting but its only going around the oval anyway xD)

But yeah i would try to take part ( like i said i am super bad at this super fast cars :cyclops:) cant tell that i like the car, never tried it :bookworm:

• Agree
Reactions: DerChris

DerChris

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 15, 2017

I would like the races around 1 1/2h more realistic and may force a pit or tire strategy.
A mix of Oval and normal races would be nice maybe 1-2 oval specials with 3h race (exhausting but its only going around the oval anyway xD)

But yeah i would try to take part ( like i said i am super bad at this super fast cars :cyclops:) cant tell that i like the car, never tried it :bookworm:
Yeah, that would be really nice, or at least if we had manually caution flags. I don't want to imagine what would happened if a car is spinning in front of you on an oval and you are driving over 390km/h :lol:

Doc

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Sep 8, 2017

With forcing manual pitstops with these cars if the races are around 1 hour they will have to pit even if they save fuel :p
And yes a real driver :p

DerChris

Formula 4 Test Driver
Sep 15, 2017
Btw, didn't the devs wanted to introduce with the pcars2 release real indycar rules like caution flags, or am I wrong? I though I've read something like that before the pcars2 release, but I'm not sure anymore. It would be really nice if they would add caution flags in the future :D

SBart_uk

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be interested. I'd like to see 1 oval for something different but I think that's enough, and opens setups with an hour or slightly longer races.

Murphy

AOR XB1 GT3 Elite Champion
Oct 14, 2016
Wouldn't have the time for Indycar...and from my experience every Indycar League loses 50% of it players after a few races

Doc

Formula 3 2nd Driver
Sep 8, 2017
so somehting like code 80 would work @Doc
I think something like a code 80 would work if we had multiple tiers but at the moment the code 80 system just doesn't fit into IndyCar whilst we have the option to run a real person doing the pace car

SmokingPuppy841

Really Useful Person
Oct 24, 2016
@Doc I am interested.

Here are my suggestions:
Limit the calendar to 8 rounds-ish so this can be part of the rotating Second 1 hour series @Raigore mentioned after the end of the G40 Junior League.
I mentioned a Manual Caution a while ago that can be found in the Project CARS 2 General Discussion Sub-Forum.
Controller players cannot drive quickly or safely on Ovals so leagues may need a special "Road-only" sub-series which the console players compete for,or 2 drop scores so at most players only lose out on 1 Oval Race.
Run races to a similar format to the GT3 league, so 1 hour with 15 minutes qualifying.
Damage should be Performance Impacting.
On ovals or rovals standing starts aren't possible so 2 formation laps would be required incase the AI gives people damage and they need to repair their car.

GIXXERosg

AOR PC GT3 S12 T4 Champion
Staff member
AC Coordinator
Premium Member
Jul 9, 2016
Being from the states I'm interested but gotta be Friday or Sat. Indy from my experiences can turn into mess really quick so curious to see how the format will work.

Afterlithe

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2018
I would be interested. I don't think i could do races over 2 hours, would prefer closer to one hour races. All the ovals and rovals would be neat. I can't guarantee my participation at this point, so take my feedback lightly.

Binding

Junior Karter
Feb 11, 2018
@Doc I'm interested, I don't really have any suggestions as all of my ideas have already been listed by others above

WhiteGhost2000

Formula 4 1st Driver
Jan 31, 2018
@Doc with pleasure but will not make it. GT3 and endurance is already a challenge for me but I will follow you guys on coverage or streams. I am sure will be very exciting!!!!