Official F1 Esports 2017 League Championship - Announcement | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Official F1 Esports 2017 League Championship - Announcement

Dan Hawkins

AOR Owner
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014

Apex Online Racing is proud to be working with Codemasters and Formula 1 on their new F1 Esports Series for 2017. Introducing the Official F1 Esports Series 2017 League Championship Qualifying Route, as part of the qualification process for the Semi-Final event in London in October! This League Championship will be hosted here on ApexOnlineRacing.com, and we're super excited to be able to bring this to the website!

Codemasters want to give something back to the league communities that have been supporting the F1 Game Series, so they've selected a few leagues to get some of the quickest racers on the game, with a league racing background. We've all been working tirelessly to get everything in place with the guys from Codemasters and Formula 1 to bring you an awesome series where we will be sending through the top 9 drivers (3 from each platform) to the live Semi-Finals in London, where they will compete against each other and the other 30 drivers who have qualified through the normal Online Qualification events for progression to the first ever F1 Esports Series Grand Final in Abu Dhabi!

The F1 Esports website launched recently, and the hype is far from over - it's just getting ramped up! The first Online Qualification event opened on Monday, where you have to get a Force India onto the podium at Monza. The times from both newcomers and online F1 legends are flying in!

We're excited to announce that any members of the below leagues/teams, who have raced in one of their official F1 leagues for a season or more (proof is required) - along with members of a special team entry - will be able to register for this League Championship:
- Apex Online Racing
- Formula1 Italian Team
- RaceStars.nl
- Team Redline

Please be aware that this event is for drivers 16 years old or older, and anyone below the age of 18 will be required to be accompanied by an adult to the Semi-Final & Grand Final events should they qualify. Drivers must also be able to travel to the live Semi-Final in London, on 10th & 11th October, and also be available for the final in Abu Dhabi on 24th and 25th November should you make it that far.

To start with, all drivers who wish to sign up will be required to read and accept the rules, and register and link your gamer accounts on https://f1esports.com/. After you've signed up in the Sign-Up thread you will be eligible to take part in the Time Trial Qualification event, assuming you meet the requirements of entry. The Time Trial event consists of setting lap times around two tracks, with video and photo proof required upon submitting the times on the forum. The top 20 drivers on each platform with the best ‘combined lap time’ at the end of the Time Trial event will qualify for the Race Championship, consisting of three 50% races, per platform, with no assists, across three weeks. These races will be organised by AOR. The entries and races will be judged by AOR + Codemasters + F1 to ensure there are fair decisions throughout the series. Please do not complete Time Trial qualification if you cannot participate in the 3 Race Championship.

The Time Trial Qualification
This will take place from Thursday 8th September at 2pm BST and until Monday 11th September at 12pm BST.
The tracks selected for the Time Trials are Singapore and Circuit of the Americas.
All laps must be video recorded and screenshots of timing must be provided to prove that the time was set by you and that no assists were used.

The Race Championship
This will take place from 12th September to 28th September, and will consist of 3 races (on each platform) including a 12-minute qualifying session and a 50% distance race. All races will be broadcasted live by AOR commentator teams.
Platforms: Xbox One, PC and PlayStation 4
Days: Tuesday (XB1), Wednesday (PC) and Thursday (PS4) for three weeks = 3 races
Tracks Selected: China, Bahrain, Suzuka
Race time: 8PM BST

There are a few requirements;
  • You must have an account on F1Esports.com
  • You must read and accept the rules from F1 Esports Series and from AOR (more info in the Sign-Up thread)
  • One entry per person
  • You must be able to race on every race day for your platform in the Race Championship
  • You must be available to travel to the Semi-Final in London on 10th & 11th October 2017, and Abu Dhabi final on 24th and 25th November 2017
  • You must be able to provide photo AND video evidence of Time Trial laps
  • You can only use one Gamertag throughout the series and this cannot be changed between stages or races
  • You must be aged 16 as of 4th of September 2017
  • You must be a member of any of the leagues stated and have raced in any of their official F1 game leagues for at least one season, or must be an official member of the team stated

The Schedule:

Sign-ups and Time Trial open:
8th of September, 2pm BST
Sign-ups and Time Trial close: Monday, 11th of September, 12pm BST
Time Trial Results and Grid Announcements: Monday, 11th of September, 6pm BST

Week 1
XB1 Race 1: Tuesday, 12th of September, 8pm BST
PC Race 1: Wednesday, 13th of September, 8pm BST
PS4 Race 1: Thursday, 14th of September, 8pm BST
Stewards enquiries can be submitted within 24 hours after the respective race has finished.
Final race results: Saturday, 16th of September, 12pm BST

Week 2
XB1 Race 2: Tuesday, 19th of September, 8pm BST
PC Race 2: Wednesday, 20th of September, 8pm BST
PS4 Race 2: Thursday, 21st of September, 8pm BST
Stewards enquiries can be submitted within 24 hours after the respective race has finished.
Final race results: Saturday, 23th of September, 12pm BST

Week 3
XB1 Race 3: Tuesday, 26th of September, 8pm BST
PC Race 3: Wednesday, 27th of September, 8pm BST
PS4 Race 3: Thursday, 28th of September, 8pm BST

Final results of the Race Championship: Saturday, 30th of September, 10am BST

So how do I enter?
Head over to the dedicated sign-up thread for more information about how to sign up! The sign-ups will be from Friday 8th September 2pm BST until Monday 11th September 12pm BST.

Last edited by a moderator:

Qélon

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Sep 15, 2016
So if I already have a good time in tt and don't have a video recording my driving i have to try to beat it and record the new lap or can I just record the replay?

Dan Hawkins

AOR Owner
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
So if I already have a good time in tt and don't have a video recording my driving i have to try to beat it and record the new lap or can I just record the replay?
Nope - you HAVE to do it again. Old laps will not be accepted.

More to come at 2pm, with the sign up.

xMinxG

Formula 3 Test Driver
Apr 1, 2016
this is either very good or very bad....you know what sim people are like "WHY IS F1 2017 GETTING ESPORTS ITS ARCADY WAAAA". just look at harry jacks intro for the McLaren esports event. one guy went "why is an f1 player here. should be for iracers only". but this is great news though.

Ethan Dean

Semi-Pro Karter
Sep 1, 2017
F1 advertised forty spots up for grabs from the start, now nine of them are closed off to AOR racers so there's even less of a chance for outsiders.

I had hoped that the AOR spots would be added on to that 40.

Simracing is despair.

Dan Hawkins

AOR Owner
Staff Member
AOR Admin
Aug 18, 2014
F1 advertised forty spots up for grabs from the start, now nine of them are closed off to AOR racers so there's even less of a chance for outsiders.

Simracing is despair
It's open to all leagues mentioned in the sign up threads :) NOT just AOR racers, that would be HUGELY unfair.

alexukr

F1 Coordinator
Staff Member
F1 Coordinator
Premium Member
Mar 18, 2016

Simracing is despair.
1) its 4 leagues/teams over all platforms
2) i think this is a great idea bc i find it so much better to have an online championship between the best drivers who are provern over many years, instead of all 40 spots being determined by the ingame events, where you need a lot of luck with the AI.

Also if you look at the event leaderboards its mostly those guys anyway who are leading, it just gives those a chance who can prove themselves in a racing situation, bc the Event is pretty much a Time Trial with obstacles and doesnt ogive the guys with good race craft and strategy to prove themselves. Overall i am very happy that AOR and F1 have teamed up to do this because this route really adds an exiting build up and a great reward for the league racing community

DemoN

Moderator & Best Coordinator 2017
Staff Member
Premium Member
Aug 11, 2016
Sadly I can't make the first week of the championship so that rules me out, but not to worry.

Hopefully the drivers that make it to the top 20 on each platform, and subsequently progress into the final 40 at London do us proud and show everyone how great organisations like this are (but especially this one :p), which I'm sure they will!

Looks like I best get my cheerleaders outfit on then doesn't it! :D

King Chip x

Formula 4 Test Driver
Apr 17, 2017
Whats the situation with people who don't have a game capture? Can I just 3 min record the laps through the Studio on the Xbox?