OPINION: Balance of Performance | ApexOnlineRacing.com

OPINION: Balance of Performance

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014

This weeks topic of debate is hot on the press considering the new BoP update for the GTE Cars.

iRacing said:
BMW M8 GTE

- 2019 Season 2 GTE BoP Adjustment: Engine torque has been reduced slightly across the rev range.

Ferrari 488 GTE

- 2019 Season 2 GTE BoP Adjustments: Vehicle weight has been reduced by 5 kg.

Ford GT - 2017

- 2019 Season 2 GTE BoP Adjustments: Vehicle weight has been increased by 5 kg.

Porsche 911 RSR

- 2019 Season 2 GTE BoP Adjustments: Aero downforce has been increased slightly.
What do we think? Yay or nay?
Would people prefer a BoP update every 2/3 weeks?
What would you do to the BoP?

Niclas Domino

iRacing Overlay Designer & AC Skin Creator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
What do we think? Yay or nay?: Let iRacing do the BoP, and use that one, as we have.
Would people prefer a BoP update every 2/3 weeks?: Nope, i do think it is a bit more difficult then we are going around and thinking, And then the BoP in AOR would be different to then to are making setups to the car so it will just do so if a car does not have BoP chances, the drivers in that car have a more real car compared to others for testing.

What would you do to the BoP? Nothing

Claudiu_Clima

Pro Karter
Dec 5, 2018
Leave it as it is IMO, I'd rather see here the debate about qualifying super pole system, it's badly needed with 50 cars on the track.

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
For reference, it was more discussing whether you agree with the BoP, rather than changing it for AOR specifically :p

Afterlithe

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2018
Have to get an alien's opinion for outright pace.

For me they're all pretty close on lap times, some are just easier to get that time.

BoP seems really good atm.

Ycoms

Double AOR iRacing GTE Champion
Mar 4, 2015
What do we think? Yay or nay?
Rather yay. It's kind of normal to make some more adjustments when a new car comes out in a certain car class. I was surprised initially anyway how the BMW wasn't as OP as I feared. People keep telling me the Ferrari is the slowest GTE in endurance races, well, that's not the case for me. :p So if you go what most people say I guess the adjustments make sense, even though I'm not 100% if the Porsche really needed an increase in downforce again after they now got better straight line speed anyway. Overall, the GTE category has by far the best BoP across iRacing, so if there's something to complain about, it's on a very, very high level and is coming down to personal preference most of the time.
Would people prefer a BoP update every 2/3 weeks?
No, definitely not. A) The setups would change all the time (especially when you're messing with the downforce). B) Since all the cars have very specific characteristics there will be just some tracks that suit some cars more than others, that's how it goes. I think in this case the BoP was nice after a new car was added, but they should leave it now for the remainer of the season.
What would you do to the BoP?
As said above, not sure about the Porsche adjustment, but we'll see I guess. I always was happy with the BoP, so that probably won't change.

Afterlithe

Premium Member
Premium Member
Feb 10, 2018
To add to my opinion on the most recent BoP, the changes were all so minor I honestly can't feel the difference.

If iracing hadn't mentioned the changes in the patch notes I doubt most people would have been aware at all.

Bucefal

AOR iRacing GTE 2 time Pro-AM Champion
Premium Member
Sep 2, 2018
For reference, it was more discussing whether you agree with the BoP, rather than changing it for AOR specifically :p
-5Kg to Ferrari? Of course I agree with the BOP :ROFLMAO:

mike66187

Formula 4 2nd Driver
Aug 11, 2018
Well it depends how you look at this, The BOP is made for the pro drivers (i think) and in that case it does really well as far as i've seen. But the majority of the iRacing comminity is probably not able to exploit all the good things of a car, this results in the BOP not being optimal for that part in the iRacing community.

This of course doesn't mean that the BOP is bad, I think iRacing does a good job on keeping it fair.

I don't know how to explain this further, but that's my opinion.