Our Super Simple Guide to Sending or Updating Your Livery! | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Our Super Simple Guide to Sending or Updating Your Livery!

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014

Introduction:
Continuing on from last season, we aim to broadcast all 12 rounds of Season 6. To make this look as professional as possible and to aid spectators by showing which driver is in what class, we have a skin pack. The skin pack overrides the base plates on the iRacing liveries, therefore we can change plate colours etc.

It is mandatory to send your liveries in. It is very quick and easy to do!

How to save the Livery
We would prefer to have skins without decal layers on. When you download the template of the iRacing's web page you will see this in Photoshop:
As shown on the picture, you will see two folders: a red and a blue one. All you need to do before saving your paint as a TGA 24bit is to turn the red marker off, and then save it.

Someone sent me a livery and I can't do that?
Don't worry, the plates we are using will cover it up, but the way above is preferable. If you can't do it, no problem.

But I'm using a paint from Trading Paints, how do I send that?
If you go into your iRacing Paints folder (e.g. C:\Users\Me\Documents\iRacing\paint), go into the car of choice, and search "Car_[Your customer ID].TGA" This is the livery you've pulled from trading paints.

How do I send my livery?
You will need to send you livery via one of the links below, depending on what car you are using, so Ferrari 488, you will then take the link to send the Ferrari 488.

When you do this, you must rename your file like the following:

Car_123456.TGA

I have a custom helmet and race suit, can I send that too?
Of course! In C:\Users\Me\Documents\iRacing\paint, if you scroll to the bottom and look for 'Suit_[customer ID]' and 'Helmet_[customer ID]', we can also include them in the Skin Pack.

Like, above, you must rename your files like the following:

Suit_123456.TGA
Helmet_123456.TGA

All files must be saved as 24bit TBA files. If you can't send the skin as the file is too big; you have saved it wrong. All files not meeting this requirements will be removed from the folder, all files sent to me personally or any other coordinators will not be added to the pack.

The deadline to get our skin into the pack is every Friday at 23:59 GMT+1 Next deadline: 15/3/2019

Update My Skin
Here

If you have any questions, please ask @Niclas Domino, he's more than happy to go through with everything with you. Do not fear someone will steal your livery, ultimately anybody can steal your livery if they really want, so being in a team and trying to protect it doesn't change anything. We would be able get it one way or another. This just speeds up the process. All in all, this takes no more than 5 minutes. You are helping us massively and hugely cut down the data input time and ensure that our broadcasts look professional.

Here is my new Sheets to see who has sent and who haven't

Last edited by a moderator:

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
Can our own sponsors be included in the livery?
Of course. Those who spot the Team AOR car will see it has Hype Energy, Thrustmaster, GT Omega and elgato branding on.

Reactions: Lindholdt

McPhilen

iRacing Coordinator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jan 16, 2014
@Niclas Domino Does the stuff uploaded from last season carry over? So I won't need to send helmet and suit stuff?

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
Everyone tagged is still yet to send a livery in. You have until tomorrow night to send a skin in. And I cannot stress enough:

If you have not sent a skin in, YOU WILL NOT BE RACING. As stated in the sign up thread, sending in your livery is mandatory before you can be accepted into the league and race.

There will be no exceptions and no excuses. We need to give our skin pack creator time to add all of these skins to the pack. This is why we have a deadline of the Friday night.

Step 2 - Sending in your livery:
You will also need to send your iRacing livery over here. This is also mandatory to be accepted into the league. Again, this is public information, anybody can download your livery if they know what they are doing. This is again important for broadcast. Even if you just use a livery from trading paints.

Click here to find out how you do that.

Note:
Due to the time required to get the skins and information added to our overlay and skin pack, any new sign ups after the Friday before each race will not be able to participate in the race the following Monday.
Even if your livery is unchanged from last season, you must send it in again.

@Merlin Cooper @mzeleni8 @Marvin @mike66187 @TBR_Suzuki @Argon @Krusen @N1kmido @washy03 @Tjor @Ycoms @Isir @Lindholdt @Cravgar @BaBaBoye @devoutfire3 @Pretender @Callum McFall @Vincent @Oriol_Moret88 @Rokko @Roberte @Dareks @FATPENGUIN96 @joshualuke1993 @Walter---79 @jayboy @djawadkaroni @Jonnard @Jardier @boofon @Reguii @Paulo Martins

@VEC_orks95 - Are you sure you sent them all in? We're missing the following VEC Drivers:
@Aymeric Blomme, @Reith , @Midava

VEC_orks95

Premium Member
Premium Member
Oct 3, 2018
Everyone tagged is still yet to send a livery in. You have until tomorrow night to send a skin in. And I cannot stress enough:

If you have not sent a skin in, YOU WILL NOT BE RACING. As stated in the sign up thread, sending in your livery is mandatory before you can be accepted into the league and race.

There will be no exceptions and no excuses. We need to give our skin pack creator time to add all of these skins to the pack. This is why we have a deadline of the Friday night.

@VEC_orks95 - Are you sure you sent them all in? We're missing the following VEC Drivers:
@Aymeric Blomme, @Reith , @Midava
I had not sent the skin of Midava yet. I start again for the others ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Stevie

boofon

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2017
@Stevie - Am I missing something? I have my livery assigned in Trading Paints, but there is no TGA file in Documents/iRacing/Paints/Car that contains my customer ID. Can you help?

Stevie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
iRacing Coordinator
Aug 26, 2014
@Stevie - Am I missing something? I have my livery assigned in Trading Paints, but there is no TGA file in Documents/iRacing/Paints/Car that contains my customer ID. Can you help?
Do you have 'delete paints on exit' ticked?

Reactions: boofon

Paulo Martins

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 9, 2019
I mess it up and forgot this is the gTE league. Thought it was ENdurance eheh. Skin sent

Last edited: