Our Super Simple Guide to Sending or Updating Your Livery | ApexOnlineRacing.com

Our Super Simple Guide to Sending or Updating Your Livery

Stevie

Former Super Mod
Premium Member
Aug 26, 2014

Introduction:
We aim to broadcast all 5 rounds of Season 1. To make this look as professional as possible and to aid spectators by showing which driver is in what class, we have a skin pack. The skin pack overrides the base plates on the iRacing liveries, therefore we can change plate colours etc.

How does it look for S1?
Look HERE

It is mandatory to send your liveries in. It is very quick and easy to do!

How to save the Livery
We would prefer to have liveries without decal layers on. When you download the template of the iRacing's web page you will see this in Photoshop:

As shown on the picture, you will see two folders: a red and a blue one. All you need to do before saving your paint as a TGA 24bit is to turn the red marker off, and then save it.

Someone sent me a livery and I can't do that?
Don't worry, the plates we are using will cover it up, but the way above is preferable. If you can't do it, no problem.

But I'm using a paint from Trading Paints, how do I send that?
If you go into your iRacing Paints folder (e.g. C:\Users\Me\Documents\iRacing\paint), go into the car of choice, and search "Car_Team_[Your customer ID].TGA" This is the livery you've pulled from trading paints.

How do I send my livery?
You will need to send you livery via one of the links below, depending on what car you are using, so Ferrari 488, you will then take the link to send the Ferrari 488.

When you do this, you must rename your file like the following:

You need your Team ID
Car_Team_123456.TGA

I have a custom helmet and race suit, can I send that too?
Of course! In C:\Users\Me\Documents\iRacing\paint, if you scroll to the bottom and look for 'Suit_[customer ID]' and 'Helmet_[customer ID]', we can also include them in the Skin Pack.

Like, above, you must rename your files like the following:
You need your one Customer ID
Suit_123456.TGA
Helmet_123456.TGA

Examples of how they need to look.

All files must be saved as 24bit TGA files. If you can't send the skin as the file is too big; you have saved it wrong. All files not meeting this requirements will be removed from the folder, all files sent to me personally or any other coordinators will not be added to the pack.

There will be an Update link after Round 1. A team only get to send one skin pr Round. So if you send a skin and then want to change some things, then you will have to wait for the next round
The deadline to get our skin into the pack is every Wednesday at 23:59 GMT+1 Next deadline: 13/3/2019

Skin Pack Sign UP:
Here

If you have any questions, please ask @Niclas Domino, he's more than happy to go through with everything with you. Do not fear someone will steal your livery, ultimately anybody can steal your livery if they really want, so being in a team and trying to protect it doesn't change anything. We would be able get it one way or another. This just speeds up the process. All in all, this takes no more than 5 minutes. You are helping us massively and hugely cut down the data input time and ensure that our broadcasts look professional.

List of drivers/Teams who have sent skins. And yea only the Team Leader need to sent the skin.

Last edited by a moderator:

GSYGingerNinja

Formula 4 1st Driver
Dec 12, 2017
Being a bit of a novice here, how do you download a skin pack and how does it work. I tried to download my template, but I have nothing to open the file with

Niclas Domino

iRacing Overlay Designer & AC Skin Creator
Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
IMPORTANT!!!!!
Hey I am sorry i have had a lot of things to look at the last week's op to the season starts.

The deadline for skins i will have to set to Wednesdays!!!! and not Fridays like the GTE
I know some might have a bit of work but i need the time to do all the work

Sorry for the Innoventions

Niclas Domino

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
Being a bit of a novice here, how do you download a skin pack and how does it work. I tried to download my template, but I have nothing to open the file with
That is a bit of a hard question.
Skin Pack is just a Zip file you will add into the Documents folder on your PC, and i will make it from the skins that is sent.
The other thing, yea you need Photoshop you open a PDS file you make a skin m8 or Grimp, but i don't know how that works.

Nilton

Semi-Pro Karter
Mar 9, 2019
I have send my skin, but in team name i got it wrong can you please change it!
team: Probatum By SimracingSkins
Also how do i send my suit paint?

Thank you

Niclas Domino

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
I have send my skin, but in team name i got it wrong can you please change it!
team: Probatum By SimracingSkins
Also how do i send my suit paint?

Thank you
Via the extra link

Justin || Taz

F1 Coordinator
Staff member
F1 Coordinator
Dec 27, 2016
@Niclas Domino just realized in the file name i sent it says the word TEAM which i didnt mean to add, should i resend or will you just alter that name?

Niclas Domino

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
Yea, i will see if that is also the class you have from the cordinators

• Informative
Reactions: Rin Hato

Niclas Domino

Staff member
iRacing Coordinator
Jul 31, 2016
Do to all of this chances in Team ID's i just want to say, if the ID you have saved the skin with and sent to me is not the same as what is on the forums, then your skin will not show, i will see how many i need to chance but i cant guarantee that all skin work

Pretender

Premium Member
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2017
Might seem stupid of me but do we need trading paints since we have all sent in our liveries for the race? do you release all the liveries as a set for drivers to download so that we see other team's liveries? :) @The Genius @Niclas Domino

Merlin Cooper

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2017
Might seem stupid of me but do we need trading paints since we have all sent in our liveries for the race? do you release all the liveries as a set for drivers to download so that we see other team's liveries? :) @The Genius @Niclas Domino

Well for the stream they are copying all skins into the iRacing\paint folder - thus the skins are showen in the stream. Typically Niclas is providing a skin pack which would allow all drivers to use the skins in the same manner than for the stream.

Using trading paints would only help if every team would have uploaded / assignt the right skin to the team in trading paints before. I did assign the skin in Trading paints to the "Team Porsche Endurance Racing" - thus if you have trading paints running you will see our livery.

@Niclas Domino: Did not find a skin pack for the endurance league - are you providing a link / zip file on short notice?