PC: 26.12. not-a-VLN Xmas special | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC: 26.12. not-a-VLN Xmas special

What wacky xmas special shall we undertake?

• Track: Nürburgring Müllenbach (no pits!) - no fuel usage

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Track: Nürburgring Nordschleife (no pits!) - no fuel usage

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Track: Nürburgring Combined (as used before)

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Track: Nürburgring GP

• Cars: 60s: Vintage prototype, GT and touring cars from the era

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Cars: 70s: Group 4, Group 5, Group 6, Vintage RX

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Cars: 80s: Group A, Group C,

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Cars: 90s: GT1, LMP900, GTO

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016

Black Scorpion

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 22, 2017
No stupid question, the naming is sometimes a little different.
Group A (I believe that’s the In game name too) are the late 80s/early 90s DTM cars, group C is named group C1 in game if I recall right. 80s prototypes.
See https://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-cars.html?lang=en

I’m not at my PC, so above info is from memory :)
Found :) Ok, just tested 1 hour on the NS on the 1st of december, snowing weather, with a bit of setup fiddeling... Hell that Group C1 car is a rocket!

READY FOR RACE!!!! :)

• Winner
Reactions: Stephan

Fast_draw7

GP2 2nd Driver
Dec 7, 2016
Season is set to 'snow' from 25/12 until 15/2, every other date is at 'winter' setting
UPDATE: 'Snow' setting isnt available on all tracks, only on colder places you get snow

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Beppo and Stephan

tRIP..

Premium Member
Premium Member
Mar 7, 2017
My participation purely depends on Amazon. I've ordered new chip, mobo, ram, ssd, cooler - giving myself a xmas present. Everything has arrived except the i7-8700k which is out of stock. If it arrives before xmas, in all likelihood I won't be available as I'll probably be putting it all together. If it doesn't, I may very well be available. So pencil me in as a maybe :)

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
Little extract on what awaits you ... on the NS... the 26th... in the dark... until, I stopped for a beer ^^

Yep, these beasts are fun. The boost is insane :)
Which car was that btw?

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
The Nissan GTP Turbo.... I think, I THINK, I'll stick on that one!

View attachment 34037 :)
You are absolutely insane.
I just bought the car on iRacing, cause I wanted to compare it between the two sims and took it for a quick spin around the Nordschleife.

That thing is terrifying! I almost pooped myself! especially on iRacing I have to say... On PCars I was able to push it a lot harder before being killed, but still, that car is nuts!

Clank24401

AOR PC GT3 Am S8 Champion
Oct 31, 2017
I'll take the group A mercedes, so fun to drive. Is there anyone else in group A? looks like most are going for group C.

Stephan

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
I'll take the group A mercedes, so fun to drive. Is there anyone else in group A? looks like most are going for group C.
So far I think we have group C only. Weird, cause in this weather the group A should be interesting, with 2 all wheel drive cars (Audi + Nissan Skyline)

Fast_draw7

GP2 2nd Driver
Dec 7, 2016
You are absolutely insane.
I just bought the car on iRacing, cause I wanted to compare it between the two sims and took it for a quick spin around the Nordschleife.

That thing is terrifying! I almost pooped myself! especially on iRacing I have to say... On PCars I was able to push it a lot harder before being killed, but still, that car is nuts!

but you didnt test it on wet track

Smolda

AOR PC Endurance League S4 GTE Champion
Oct 23, 2017
So far I think we have group C only. Weird, cause in this weather the group A should be interesting, with 2 all wheel drive cars (Audi + Nissan Skyline)
I don't have the audi in my game. On PC2 website it says it's part of Motorsport Pack ... I guess I'll have to buy it :)
I tried group C cars and they're insane, so I'll stick with group A. If there is not enough drivers for 2 classes, I'll switch to group C, but I don't think I'll be able to keep that thing on track for 1,5 hour ...

JuniorJH

Premium Member
Premium Member
Nov 12, 2016
I will switch to A if a couple of other do, equal the numbers a bit.