PC: 26.12. not-a-VLN Xmas special | ApexOnlineRacing.com

PC: 26.12. not-a-VLN Xmas special

What wacky xmas special shall we undertake?

• Track: Nürburgring Müllenbach (no pits!) - no fuel usage

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Track: Nürburgring Nordschleife (no pits!) - no fuel usage

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Track: Nürburgring Combined (as used before)

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Track: Nürburgring GP

• Cars: 60s: Vintage prototype, GT and touring cars from the era

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Cars: 70s: Group 4, Group 5, Group 6, Vintage RX

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Cars: 80s: Group A, Group C,

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Cars: 90s: GT1, LMP900, GTO

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EVR Morvic

Reigning AOR PC GT Endurance Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
Issa like. Spins every lap but it was fun nevertheless.

Actually I felt weird after I finished the race. My right hand felt like it wanted to grab the shifter and still change gears. Akward feeling.

• Winner
Reactions: Stephan

Black Scorpion

Formula 3 Test Driver
Oct 22, 2017
I think I'll have nightmares..
Well, there'e a choice to make. Or you pass time behind the wheel and have fun, or... you pass your time behind SETUP work, which is F* time consuming.
A time being (remembering back F1-2001 from EA SPORTS and specially GrandPrixLegends), I passed more time on setup rather then driving... yes, I went near so-a-time-being-called-ALIEN-times, but at the end, you got nothing for that ^^

At a certain level, times can't be breached without a gooooood setup and HARD work!

HAVE FUN :)

EVR Morvic

Reigning AOR PC GT Endurance Champion
Staff member
DiRT Coordinator
Feb 25, 2016
Well, there'e a choice to make. Or you pass time behind the wheel and have fun, or... you pass your time behind SETUP work, which is F* time consuming.
A time being (remembering back F1-2001 from EA SPORTS and specially GrandPrixLegends), I passed more time on setup rather then driving... yes, I went near so-a-time-being-called-ALIEN-times, but at the end, you got nothing for that ^^

At a certain level, times can't be breached without a gooooood setup and HARD work!

Yeah, driving is better than making setups :D I did the race and my time on default setup. But like GT3 league setupwork takes me around 30 minutes, I think setups should be made more for the feeling of the car rather than getting the ultimate pace out of it. In the end it's up to the driver if you'll be fast on track or not.

SBart_uk

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry i quit early but i was hopeless, turns out i didn't know the track well enough to do it in the dark at 200mph :(

SBart_uk

Formula 4 Test Driver
Oct 27, 2017

Yep! Grand Prix Legends setup work was much more important than in Project Cars. I could spend days or longer tweaking a setup when going for contested world records(actually I guess I spent more than 2 years trying to get under a minute at Watkins Glen :D). In Project Cars it takes about 10 mins to get a setup working well and then another hour or so if you want to test for ultimate pace/test different downforce levels etc. But I agree with Morvic getting the car to feel how you like it seems to be where the pace is in Project Cars. I don't think having the exact camber values and stuff like that makes much difference as long as the temps are reasonably spread across the tyre.

Stephan

AOR iRacing GTE S3 AM Champion & Former S-Mod
Premium Member
Oct 19, 2016
here is my stream from last night:

after I retired, there is plenty of footage from the brave drivers soldering on :)

• Winner
Reactions: Black Scorpion